BajaNomad

loreto fishing today

honda tom - 7-28-2013 at 06:25 PM

headed out to the reef.... 20 +- passed carmen, due east from the center of carmen, about 20 miles south of the reef i usually fish. big sail fish this morning sunning itself, put the bait right in front of it but it wasnt hungry. 2 hours of nothing! everything on the radio was also bad. caught 2 nice dorado(25pounds) about 30 min apart. trolled for another hour with no site of fish. got hooked up with 2 sails at the same time, landed the one that died and cut the other loose. the radio chatter was bad... not too many fish caught today. leaving tommorow and i will be back in late Aug. Common slammers!

MitchMan - 7-28-2013 at 06:44 PM

I fished Loreto in the summer in the late 80s and all thru the 90s. I only had to go about 4 miles straight out from where the marina is now and caught nothing less than 30 pound Dorados. Can you still fish straight out from the beach in Loreto and catch anything these days?

msawin - 7-29-2013 at 09:01 PM

Its been about 15 years ago that my brother law and I went on the Baja fishin trip out of Loreto and on that trip we parked out in front of the Hotel Mission about half a mile out and loaded the boat with Dorado. No one else around us. Crazy. One of the best Baja Fishin memories.....

willardguy - 7-29-2013 at 09:11 PM

we nailed em in the parking lot of the presidente! ;D