BajaNomad

Yak fising the pacific coast.

aguachico - 7-31-2013 at 10:37 AM

Heading to Tomatal for a week of fishing tomorrow. Never fished there. I have fished above Rosalallita and Pt Falsa a lot for WFO YT fishing.

This time I'm targeting the white meat. Hali's WSB and garopa.

Any and all tips welcome

MMc - 7-31-2013 at 11:48 AM

Check your u2u.

nandopedal - 7-31-2013 at 11:49 AM

Bring plenty of mountain sage, instructions below:
Rub it vigorously around your car engine if it fails!

motoged - 7-31-2013 at 03:03 PM

What kind of bait do you prefer for catching a Yak ?

monoloco - 7-31-2013 at 03:57 PM

Slow trolling a bale of alfalfa rigged with a couple of 18/0 circle hooks usually works for me.

MMc - 7-31-2013 at 04:47 PM

Monoloco, do you catch and release? Stand up or from a chair?

This is a cool area to fish from a kayak. This time of year, no real surf to fight to get out.

Santiago - 7-31-2013 at 05:06 PM

Are you really sure you really want to shore launch at Tomatal? A certain person who wrapped her rods in pink thread had a very funny (to us and the on-lookers) had an adventure one day. Ended up pert-near naked, face down next to Grunt, if I recall the details correctly. Others, with better memories than I, may chime in.

woody with a view - 7-31-2013 at 05:14 PM

if you take the road out from the check point, go to the Osprey nests south of the houses and continue sout a mile or 2 there is a point similar to Trestles with an abandoned fish camp. the area looks pretty fishy!!!

55steve - 7-31-2013 at 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Santiago
Are you really sure you really want to shore launch at Tomatal? A certain person who wrapped her rods in pink thread had a very funny (to us and the on-lookers) had an adventure one day. Ended up pert-near naked, face down next to Grunt, if I recall the details correctly. Others, with better memories than I, may chime in.

Sounds like a fun time to me!

aguachico - 7-31-2013 at 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Santiago

Santiago. Do you know Tranquilo south of San Quintin? Can't be worse than that eh?

No worries as my backup plan puts me on the best YT fishing on the pacific. Cedros!

willardguy - 7-31-2013 at 10:25 PM

you're gonna paddle out to cedros :?:

aguachico - 7-31-2013 at 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
you're gonna paddle out to cedros :?:

This board is pretty funny.

Nah - Arce taxi.

Arce's own the pacific baja fishing cartel eh? Every little town you go to when you get hooked up with the best guy in the town, the last name is Arce.

Cedros is becoming more and more popular because of the easy fly in access, great hotels and awesome fishing.