BajaNomad

Torneo de Surf Bahia Asuncion 2013

woody with a view - 8-10-2013 at 09:25 AM

We successfully completed our critical lift (190 ton steel box truss) at work so I figured, "Hey, let's jam down to Baja for some fun!"

We headed south from Yuma and crossed at San Luis. We found the way to San Felipe very easy and then hit it south to Gonzaga for the night. All told about 5 hours.

Next morning it was on to Asuncion. The road past Coco's is pretty good. It took about an hour and a half. 10-40 mph depending.

Rolling into town is the newest billboard. Very cool and colorful way to be greeted!

Here are the rest of the best shots! Notice the 5 gallons of oysters? It pays to be a pot smuggler-Thanks Blanca!!!

The return trip was uneventful except for the swarming sea lice. Back to work to lift the second box truss and life is good! Only bummer was no YT in the hood.... Next time!

Ateo - 8-10-2013 at 09:41 AM

Dude, that looks like a fun time. That wave had some juice. The food looked wonderful. Lots of color. Success.

TMW - 8-10-2013 at 09:53 AM

Excdellent thanks

shari - 8-10-2013 at 10:11 AM

muchas gracias Woody for taking Stan's place at the judging table and for the fantastic T-shirts! It was great fun hanging out with you and Bia...hope it becomes an annual visit.

woody with a view - 8-10-2013 at 11:14 AM

i hope the tuna show in the next few months so we can return sooner!!!!

Thanks for always showing us a great time. i know it seems like we are always short on time (because we are!) but we thoroughly enjoy our whirlwind visits.

woody with a view - 8-10-2013 at 02:16 PM

and thanks to Zac & Family for always being so hospitable! your fan and disca made it without a scratch!!!

wessongroup - 8-10-2013 at 02:25 PM

Good "time" ... dittos on the waves ... thanks :):)

woody with a view - 8-10-2013 at 03:31 PM

and the wait in the border crossing north at San Luis took less than 10 minutes!!!! the border agent starts off the conversation after asking why we were in Mexico by saying, "If you really were surfing why don't you have any boards on the truck?" good way to see if i was lying!!!!

we were laughing and joking after that and even tho he was seriously trying to get a negative vibe off me we both left smiling!!!

BajaBlanca - 8-10-2013 at 03:47 PM

Such great photos...i have some too that I should add!

Curt63 - 8-10-2013 at 03:51 PM

Good times!

woody with a view - 8-10-2013 at 03:57 PM

add 'em.

and Thanks for coming to lunch. i hope the pot(s) made it home.:biggrin:

dtbushpilot - 8-10-2013 at 05:46 PM

Great trip report Woody, thanks for posting.

Frank - 8-10-2013 at 06:05 PM

Looks like a great time Woody. If it were a 10 minute crossing closer to home we would be in Mexico all the time.