BajaNomad

coming to the coast (to hot here)

MICK - 8-15-2013 at 08:05 PM

So tomorrow morning Penny and I are leaving the rio hardy to make a trip over to the coast to get away from this heat we are going to make a stop in Guadalupe valley for one night and then on to erindira for a couple of nights. We then plan on going down to Asunsion for a a week or so to finally see Shari and Juan
Can't wait
Mick

bajaguy - 8-15-2013 at 08:14 PM

Guadalupe Valley may be busy/crowded as it is the middle of Vendimia (Wine Festival)

David K - 8-15-2013 at 10:45 PM

Mick, you guys will love Juan and Shari and the Asuncion area, as have nearly every other Baja Nomad! :yes::light:

mcfez - 8-15-2013 at 11:18 PM

Mick............how hot was it today over there in Rio Hardy?

shari - 8-16-2013 at 07:07 AM

the weather is gorgeous here and the yellowtail fishing has just gone OFF...yesterday the fishers couldnt reel them in fast enough...double hook ups all morning...woo hooo! Nomad jbcoug and sirenita are out pulling on fish lips right now.

look forward to finally meeting you!

DavidE - 8-16-2013 at 09:50 AM

The pesceros were hauling in lenguados from shore, using shiny metal lures. I gotta admit, the second summer here, it is weird sleeping under blankets in August (unless you're aboard a bus).

Bajahowodd - 8-16-2013 at 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Mick, you guys will love Juan and Shari and the Asuncion area, as have nearly every other Baja Nomad! :yes::light:

I have met Shari. But, forgive me for asking. Have you ever met either Juan or Shari, or have been to Asuncion? Just asking.

woody with a view - 8-16-2013 at 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
the weather is gorgeous here and the yellowtail fishing has just gone OFF...yesterday the fishers couldnt reel them in fast enough...double hook ups all morning...woo hooo! Nomad jbcoug and sirenita are out pulling on fish lips right now.

i hate my life!

:lol::lol::lol: GRRRR, if there is a god, and he goes by the name of Neptune, then the tuna will return this fall and all will be right with the world.

[Edited on 8-17-2013 by woody with a view]

woody with a view - 8-16-2013 at 05:13 PM

BTW, it was 116 in the shade at MCAS Yuma today.....

wussies, the lot of you'se.:lol:

David K - 8-16-2013 at 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Quote:

I have met Shari. But, forgive me for asking. Have you ever met either Juan or Shari, or have been to Asuncion? Just asking.

Multiple times. Why the stupid question or are you baiting me to post photos? Hint: just ask, insults not required.

DianaT - 8-16-2013 at 07:12 PM

Quote:

Multiple times.

Multiple is defined as adj. Having, relating to, or consisting of more than one individual, element, part, or other component; manifold.

So I guess twice counts. :biggrin:

Mick, enjoy your cooling off trip.

[Edited on 8-17-2013 by DianaT]

JAG - 8-16-2013 at 08:34 PM

Just returned from Bahia Asuncion. Stayed with Shari and Juan in the Casita
Sunset. Juans boat was doing well with the Yellows and the temps were great. Found a nice whale bone 5ft about 25 miles south of BA on the way to La Bocana. Great place and you cant beat the hospitality.:yes:

bajaguy - 8-16-2013 at 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
BTW, it was 116 in the shade at MCAS Yuma today.....

wussies, the lot of you'se.:lol:

Advice.........stay out of the shade

Ken Cooke - 8-16-2013 at 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MICK
So tomorrow morning Penny and I are leaving the rio hardy to make a trip over to the coast to get away from this heat

I would, too!

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/calexico-ca/92231/weather-f...

DavidE - 8-17-2013 at 06:02 PM

Sorta a little different.

YUMA: Turn on the swamp cooler temp drops twenty degrees

Gulf o California: Turn on the swamp cooler, temp goes up 1 degree and you drip faster.

So busy having fun at Juan & Shari's B&B...

David K - 8-17-2013 at 06:44 PM

... that I don't take photos of each event... but almost!

Our first trip to Bahia Asuncion's 'Bufadora Inn', July 2007:

Baja Angel (my wife) and Shari

Juan wearing one of my 'got baja?' hats, off-loading his catch at San Roque.

Here I am eating the sashimi that Shari made from that yellowtail in the photo before!

Now fast forward to last summer (2012):

Our room, the 'Rock Room'.

I think I can recommend Juan & Shari's business and them as good people... but I knew that even before 2007. I did create their first web page to promote Bahia Asuncion as a destination.

My desire with my posts here and my VivaBaja.com web pages has always been to promote travel to Baja California by showing the fantastic sites (and people) there. The most sincere way I can do that is to show my family and friends having fun in Baja.

So, while a handful of you may think I am pompous and a wise ass, most of the rest of you (and nearly everyone who has met me), know my true intentions and I just overflow with a love for Baja. Posting stuff here and promoting Baja places (and how to spell them correctly) is how I like to honor the peninsula and its people.

I wish you ALL happiness and great Baja adventures!

DianaT - 8-17-2013 at 08:24 PM

DK about many things Baja you know a lot --- about other things, you are clueless. It is the same for everyone.

Details in e-book to follow, but never here.

David K - 8-17-2013 at 09:26 PM

:lol:

Bajahowodd - 8-18-2013 at 05:00 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Quote:

Multiple times. Why the stupid question or are you baiting me to post photos? Hint: just ask, insults not required.

Methinks I did ask, and did not hurl any insults.

David K - 8-18-2013 at 05:15 PM

I missed where you asked, my apologies! Have a nice day!!:light:

MICK - 8-20-2013 at 07:49 PM

Ok, So we Will be there tomorrow can't wait to catch some yellows
Mick

shari - 8-20-2013 at 08:38 PM

dang...sure wish you were fishing tomorrow...today's anglers caught a slew of fish...limited out in a jiffy one after another!!! A big swell and storm is on the way though...the water warmed up again and there were barracuda today too.

Jimbo said it was the best fishing trip he'd ever had and RenoJoe and he made a great team.

David K - 8-20-2013 at 09:48 PM

Sweet!

shari - 8-23-2013 at 12:25 PM

Mick and his lovely copilot Penny made it to Asuncion and are having a blast(check out their very fine baja rig in the background)...he and Lionel slayed fish all morning...quick limits and noodle arms and fish for the masses here in the village. Lionel was like the fish Santa taking fish to all his amigos.
Today is off to San Roque for some boogie boarding, halibut spearing, swimming and live music on the patio tonight!!! yeah baby!

[Edited on 8-23-2013 by shari]

woody with a view - 8-23-2013 at 12:27 PM

damn good!

MICK - 8-28-2013 at 05:20 PM

Penny and I had a great time in Asuncion bay. It was great to finally meet Juan and Shari. Thanks to both of you for letting us stay by your place in San Roque. The storm was cool and we got to help soon Locals get unstuck on our way out.
Sorry we missed you when we left. I am sure we will be back soon. It's been a long time since I caught so many fish is such a short time. Of course I had Lionel and Juan helping. Can't wait until next time
Mick