BajaNomad

IVO - storm reports, rain & road updates

Pages:  1    3

landyacht318 - 8-18-2013 at 11:15 PM

#Edited# to reflect proper storm name. Sorry to have spread my confusion.

Weather models are showing things brewing down below and moving close over this week.

http://magicseaweed.com/MSW-Surf-Charts/19/?imageScale=wind&...

http://www.atmos.washington.edu/~ovens/loops/wxloop.cgi?gfs_...

NHC giving it an 80% chance of forming within the next 5 days.

[Edited on 8-20-2013 by landyacht318]

[Edited on 8-24-2013 by BajaNomad]

BajaNomad - 8-19-2013 at 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by landyacht318

NHC giving it an 80% chance of forming within the next 5 days.

THIS SYSTEM HAS A LOW CHANCE...20 PERCENT...OF BECOMING A
TROPICAL CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS...BUT A HIGH
CHANCE...80 PERCENT...OF BECOMING A TROPICAL CYCLONE DURING
THE NEXT FIVE DAYS WHILE IT MOVES NORTHWESTWARD AND
THEN NORTH-NORTHWESTWARD.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo_epac.shtml

Computer Model Hurricane Track Forecasts:
http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/ep201394_model...

DavidE - 8-19-2013 at 12:50 PM

Need 96 hours of gentle rain. Soak - soak - soak - soak

shari - 8-19-2013 at 03:06 PM

a big A$$ swell is predicted arriving in Asuncion on Friday...woo hooo!

bajajudy - 8-19-2013 at 05:37 PM

I believe that the next storm is Ivo.
Whether it will be this disturbance or not....quien sabe?

DavidE - 8-20-2013 at 01:59 PM

Never've seen a huracan o tormenta tropical come without it first pushing a large bubble of very warm air ahead of it. Until that happens it's all computer generated hyperbole.

chuckie - 8-20-2013 at 05:59 PM

Thanks Davide for letting us know that we have nothing to worry about...You WILL let us know if anything changes wont you? World Weather Online, however is predicting for MULEGE a steady increase in temperature from 85 on the 25th to 101 on the 30th. Torrential rain for the 31st, 1st and 2nd and heavy rain for the 3rd. Winds rising from 11 on the 29th to 43 on the 2nd. While David is sure this is all hyperbole, you might want to keep an eye on this one...

DENNIS - 8-20-2013 at 06:11 PM

http://www.cyclocane.com/hurricane-forecast/

woody with a view - 8-20-2013 at 06:58 PM

lookout below! i don't think they have a handle on it yet. BTW, look at that monster west of Hawaii. stationary for days!
http://www.stormsurfing.com/cgi/display.cgi?a=npac_height

landyacht318 - 8-21-2013 at 11:32 PM

I choose the LBAR.

[Edited on 8-22-2013 by landyacht318]

[Edited on 8-22-2013 by landyacht318]

shari - 8-22-2013 at 06:21 AM

DAvid...I think your bubble of hot air has pushed up yesterday and today calls for 86 degrees here which is hot for here. As many of you will recall, other tropical rain storms that the models showed heading for Asuncion...in fact curved over to the gulf side attracted by warmer water so be on guard over there...although this one is pretty far west...but still. ...sure looks like it will organize and track up.

The disturbances further below look rather menacing too...definitely in for some rain on saturday so lots of roof patching and tarping going on...all the cooperativa boats will be hauled out today too in preparation for a monster swell.

Hey Udo...I bet you are glad you boarded up your windows eh!

Ateo - 8-22-2013 at 08:07 AM

It's forming................errrr.......formed.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo_epac.shtml

chuckie - 8-22-2013 at 12:26 PM

Littler than yesterday

woody with a view - 8-22-2013 at 07:29 PM

it just DUMPED in yuma, for whatever that's worth!

prayforsurf/tuna!

100% chance of rain...

Bob and Susan - 8-23-2013 at 05:50 AM

the forecast for mulege is rain tomorrow Saturday

100% chance

3 inches for sure

the water coming from the pacific...
not the good kind of rain

prepare for punishment:light::light:

Bill Collector - 8-23-2013 at 06:10 AM

It's raining pretty good in Los Barriles, started about 6:30 am.

shari - 8-23-2013 at 06:23 AM

lots of roof patching and tarping going on here. I dont doubt for a minute that roads will close and I fear for the river folks in Mulege and San Ignacio...like Bob & Susan suggested...please prepare yourselves for a deluge.

The swell forcast has gone waaaaay down which seems a bit strange.

chuckie - 8-23-2013 at 08:01 AM

Shari! You are so swell, it cant compete! Many people in Mulege are in total denial on the weather situation "Its not gonna rain". I dunno if it is or not, but up here on the hill, I am ready..Generator gas, water and if a person can live on canned mango products, I got it made....Oh yeah and 14 new books on my kindle...

bajajudy - 8-23-2013 at 08:11 AM

Rained here in the middle of the night.....just wet the ground
BUT it is dark right now like it is going to pour.
Mas mas tarde

Marinero - 8-23-2013 at 08:24 AM

Looking at the Harbor webcam for SJD, seems to be pouring now.

bajajudy - 8-23-2013 at 09:08 AM

This is a quote from Wunderground

Convection has increased near the center of the cyclone during the
past several hours...with first-light visible imagery showing the
center now embedded in the convective overcast. Ascat data last
night showed some 35 kt vectors well to the east of the center.
Based on these data and the increased organization...the initial
intensity is increased to 35 kt. The scatterometer data showed
that Ivo has some characteristics of monsoon cyclones of the
eastern hemisphere...including a very large area of 20-30 kt winds
to the south and east of the center. It should also be noted that the circulation is elongated...with a trough extending northeastward from the center to just north of Socorro island.

woody with a view - 8-23-2013 at 12:44 PM

look out below!!!!

http://www.stormsurfing.com/cgi/display.cgi?a=npac_height

watch til the end of the loop.....

mtnpop - 8-23-2013 at 12:52 PM

this sucker looks a lot like Pablo last Oct.. and looks to be in kinda the same track.... The Today show actually showed it for 3 seconds this morning.. Al usually slides Alaska down over the BAJA so you see nothing going on in our little part of the world...
Of course Colorado Springs was getting washed away last night... so you can't get away from mother nature anywhere... someone needs to get her a new BO...
For those of you lucky enough to be in residence this summer... hang onto your water wings... we hope not

DavidE - 8-23-2013 at 12:58 PM

Shari,

Agreed! Never ceases to amaze me the number of Mexicanos that have never learned this forecast by braille trick. During las aguas in hurricane country, if it suddenly goes from very warm and humid to hot as hell and not as humid, beware. It isn't foolproof by any stretch of the imagination but I have yet to have a hurricane hit me without a hot weather setup first. In 1988, in Yucatan, the temperature hit 117F a mile away from the beach for a solid week. Then came Gilberto, a category 5. I had managed to learn about its approach and get 140 miles inland before Gilberto ravaged the peninsula.

David K - 8-23-2013 at 01:49 PM

Bob, can you tell us how it is on Bahia Concepcion today, or in town since it has the river that drains out the mountain range?

Mula - 8-23-2013 at 01:54 PM

In Lopez - so far 94 with 47% humidity.
Clouds have shown up and wind started.
Barometer dropping.

Raining in Todo Santos.

bajajudy - 8-23-2013 at 02:06 PM

Still raining here.
Looks like this could be a real soaker!
So far not too much wind!
I was just listening to the weather channel storm report and the guy said that the spur of the Baja peninsula should expect flash flooda.......Shari, I think you would be included in that warning.
Note: Has anyone ever heard of Vizcaino called that before.....the spur?

willyAirstream - 8-23-2013 at 02:17 PM

The 2pm pdt Noaa report is out. Storm warning from Loreto south and on the pacific side, from Shari south.
http://www.eebmike.com
And
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATCPEP4+shtml/231437....
1 to 3 inches of rain, with 5 possible.

David K - in Mulege, 90 degrees, 50 % humidity, steady easterly winds, sunny and a few scattered clouds.

[Edited on 8-23-2013 by willyAirstream]

Bob and Susan - 8-23-2013 at 02:23 PM

actually a great day out here on the bay
99 HOT with a 8mph breeze
sunny with a few scattered clouds

we are prepared for the water

the town isn't...it's business as usual

I sent the staff home at 11am and locked the gate

time to "hunker down" for a few days

Russ - 8-23-2013 at 02:41 PM

This is the 1st one I've missed in many years. Of course since I left a month ago I didn't put up storm protection. Anxious for updates!

Mula - 8-23-2013 at 02:49 PM

First thunder and now rain at 3:30 in Lopez.

Just a little wind.

[Edited on 8-23-2013 by Mula]

bajajudy - 8-23-2013 at 03:19 PM

Whew
A cell just blew through here...short and strong

chuckie - 8-23-2013 at 03:20 PM

Amazing how many people have convinced themselves here in Mulege that there will be no problem! I hope not, but the ostrich approach seldom works....

shari - 8-23-2013 at 04:15 PM

If I lived in the river area, I would be evacuating my valuable stuff to higher ground...it IS going to rain as they say here...MACHINE!

It is 75 degrees in the shade(here on the Alaska side of town), 5' soth swell15 knots wind from the west keeping things cool...knarly looking clouds to the south! sunny here but the water cooled down a few degrees...just back from our swim today.

IVO storm reports, rain & road updates

shari - 8-23-2013 at 04:20 PM

Bajanomads onsite in Baja Sur...can we please hear updates from the storm IVO...how much rain, wind and road conditions. Please be safe everyone, stock up, hunker down.

Katiejay99 - 8-23-2013 at 04:27 PM

All good here in Todos Santos. It has been spitting rain on and off today - no wind - no showers. Lots of clouds.

Mulege town

Mulegena - 8-23-2013 at 04:38 PM

Good thread, Shari. Thanks.

Continuous wind from the west, No, i mean EAST EaST! x 2 days, increasing today.

My outdoor temperature/humidity gauge flew off the wall & broke so don'kno. It still feels hot but maybe not quite so darned humid right now, 5:30 pm Friday.

Request for local help, please:
We need to haul our 23-foot panga out of the water.
Got boat & pickup, but no trailer.

edited to change the direction of the wind... :dudette:... o to have that powah!

[Edited on 8-23-2013 by Mulegena]

[Edited on 8-24-2013 by Mulegena]

bajajudy - 8-23-2013 at 04:43 PM

Been raining all day here off and on, strong and drizzles, wind and calm.
We had to take the anemometer down so I have no details on wind speed nor direction . I would guess that it hasn't been over 15 mph and from the SSE.
However the thermometer is still up and it is a lovely 75 on my wet porch.
We are going for obligatory "check the damage" ride soon. Will let you know if there is anything to report.

monoloco - 8-23-2013 at 04:47 PM

.45" of rain so far in Pescadero, 10-15 mph winds. Surf's up a bit from this morning but not huge.

DavidE - 8-23-2013 at 04:56 PM

89 downtown but it'll lose seven or eight by the time I get home. It was 105.5F yesterday in Vizcaino, 99.7 in Guerrero Negro.

Yeah rain! Trade dust for bugs! The desert needs a big drink of water.

Given enough rain, that transmission line from Vizcaino is in doubt. The soil saturates, and the lines pull the towers and snap go the glass insulators. Hope the ground doesn't get that saturated.

DavidE - 8-23-2013 at 05:14 PM

MORE CUT & PASTE BLAH BLAH...

Tropical Depression Nine-E strengthened into Tropical Storm Ivo on Friday morning to the south-southwest of Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.

Some slight strengthening is expected into the weekend as Ivo (EE-voh) heads north-northwestward between an area of high pressure over the central United States and a dip in the jet stream along the West Coast. This will keep the center of Ivo on a track to the west of Mexico's Baja peninsula. However, given the large size of the storm, tropical storm watches and warnings have been issued for parts of the central and southern Baja peninsula, including Cabo San Lucas.

Eventually, Ivo will track over cooler water and into a more stable air mass less supportive of maintaining deep thunderstorms. This will cause the storm to degenerate into a remnant low on Sunday.

That said, Ivo will have an impact on the southwestern United States.

The large-scale weather pattern will help draw Ivo's moisture northward into the Desert Southwest and enhance rainfall across the region late in the weekend into early next week.

Depending on the intensity and duration of the rainfall in any one location, we could see flooding in parts of western Arizona, southeast California, southern Nevada and southern Utah.

Las Vegas, Yuma, Ariz., Blythe, Calif. and St. George, Utah are a few of the cities that will need to be alert for this flooding potential, particularly from Saturday night into Monday.

BajaBlanca - 8-23-2013 at 05:22 PM

my neighbor just told me that all the ranchers in the mountains near San Ignacio are reporting rain rain rain. I bet they are happy.

BornFisher - 8-23-2013 at 05:27 PM

Lots of red just off Cabo now. If Ivo doesn`t change course, Cabo is going to get pounded!!

http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/east-pacific/2013/trop...

Bajame - 8-23-2013 at 05:29 PM

Just heard on the LA news that Cabo is under storm watch and it looks big!

shari - 8-23-2013 at 05:36 PM

thank you Nomads from south...we just pulled our panga out and all the coop fishing boats are resting safely onshore too.

Katiejay99 - 8-23-2013 at 06:05 PM

[/URL]

bajajudy - 8-23-2013 at 06:20 PM

Just back from our ride and just in the knicka! Super dark clouds in the mountains.
Erosion at the beach, no river in the arroyo(yet), pangeros pulling their boats, one boat in the marina with a shredded Bimini top(who would leave one up in a storm?), lotsa new potholes, what else...no mucho
From the sat pix I have looked at, for us, I would say that tonight will be dicey!
Hold on, I'm coming said Ivo......And Sam & Dave.

Edit to add
By dicey, I mean too much rain. We live outside on our porch so when it rains everything has to come into our small house.
I am not afraid for my safety.

[Edited on 8-24-2013 by bajajudy]

Mexitron - 8-23-2013 at 06:26 PM

Have some amigos camping at P. Blanca....wonder if the rains will make it that far.....be a b-tch to drive the 70 miles out with muddy roads. News at ten.

bajajudy - 8-23-2013 at 09:29 PM

no rain here.
furniture still on the porch
mañana

Mulegena - 8-23-2013 at 09:30 PM

The Nightly News out of Mexico City just did a public service announcement of Tropical Storm Ivo.

The wind has picked up tonight, still consistently from the east, you can hear it howling up on the roof. Its still hot, but its a dry heat-- very odd for Mulege even at times preceeding storms.

We shall see if it stays out west or runs up the peninsula mountains like last year. That's what brings Mulege all the flooding.

BajaNomad - 8-23-2013 at 09:33 PM

Intellicast - from earlier...

http://www.intellicast.com/Storm/Hurricane/

intellicast8pm.jpg - 49kB

BajaNomad - 8-23-2013 at 09:38 PM

NOAA - earlier....

SUMMARY OF 800 PM PDT...0300 UTC...INFORMATION
----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...20.7N 112.0W
ABOUT 205 MI...325 KM SW OF CABO SAN LUCAS MEXICO
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...45 MPH...75 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...N OR 350 DEGREES AT 12 MPH...19 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...998 MB...29.47 INCHES

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATCPEP4+shtml/240231....

noaa8pm.jpg - 49kB

BajaNomad - 8-24-2013 at 02:20 AM

AT 200 AM PDT...0900 UTC...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM IVO WAS
LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 22.4 NORTH...LONGITUDE 112.7 WEST. IVO IS
MOVING TOWARD THE NORTH-NORTHWEST NEAR 14 MPH...22 KM/H. THIS
GENERAL MOTION WITH A DECREASE IN FORWARD SPEED IS EXPECTED DURING
THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS. ON THE FORECAST TRACK...THE CENTER OF IVO
WILL MOVE PARALLEL TO THE WEST COAST OF THE BAJA CALIFORNIA
PENINSULA.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS REMAIN NEAR 45 MPH...75 KM/H...WITH HIGHER
GUSTS. WEAKENING IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN BY TONIGHT.

IVO IS A LARGE CYCLONE...AND THE TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND
OUTWARD UP TO 195 MILES...315 KM FROM THE CENTER.

2amET-noaa.jpg - 48kB

Loreto

tehag - 8-24-2013 at 05:46 AM

6:30AM, last night's drizzle starting to crank it up.

Waayy up.

[Edited on 8-24-2013 by tehag]

Katiejay99 - 8-24-2013 at 05:51 AM

Todos Santos: Spattering of sprinkles this morning (right now). Fully overcast - no wind to speak of.

chuckie - 8-24-2013 at 05:51 AM

Sprinkles here in Mulege...6:51

Mula - 8-24-2013 at 06:00 AM

Steady rain and no wind in Lopez at 6:30 79 degrees and 79% humidity.

And haven't lost power once in the rains since yesterday. . . surprise. surprise.

Probably today if the winds arrive.

[Edited on 8-24-2013 by Mula]

Osprey - 8-24-2013 at 06:09 AM

La Ribera, here in East Cape caught 1.25 inches of rain last night at our house. We were awakened each time a storm rain band passed over and gave us short but loud torrential downpours on our tin roof.

It's far from over but so far all our dirt streets show some damage but no big washouts that I can see in the early bright. If we see the propane trucks from SJ driving around selling gas, we'll know the road is open through the arroyos enough for at least truck traffic. We've been cut off before -- 13 days is the longest I can remember. We were eating spaghetti with spaghetti.

woody with a view - 8-24-2013 at 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mexitron
Have some amigos camping at P. Blanca....wonder if the rains will make it that far.....be a b-tch to drive the 70 miles out with muddy roads. News at ten.

Mexitron, it's really sketchy trying to outrun a storm out there, "where the streets have no names!"

monoloco - 8-24-2013 at 07:07 AM

We have 1-2 mph of wind and had .04" of rain overnight. I am hoping that we get a little more rain, but I'm seeing patches of blue sky here.

Mexitron - 8-24-2013 at 07:07 AM

Hey, the first break on the road in...poquito dinero por La Virgin y cervezas por nosotros!

bajajudy - 8-24-2013 at 07:27 AM

Cloudy
Breezy
Headed to the beach

mulegemichael - 8-24-2013 at 07:40 AM

Is mulege wet yet?

willyAirstream - 8-24-2013 at 07:45 AM

Only sprinkles in Mulege, but getting dark and cloudy. Very calm. Many are evacuating to high ground.

Bob and Susan - 8-24-2013 at 07:45 AM

mulege...its overcast

the rain is coming from the south

just light sprinkles right now

10mph wind...but its getting worse

the town looks lighter than the bay...I figure about 12 noon and we'll see the deluge...it it happens at all

rain1.jpg - 34kB

Pescador - 8-24-2013 at 07:50 AM

We are still high and dry in Santa Rosalia and San Marcos Island is clear.
Hope the carnitas are ready at Danny's, and if Bob is right I will be back to San Bruno with a full tummy by 12.

bajajudy - 8-24-2013 at 08:11 AM

Still passing here
Huge black cloud just passed us going up the arroyo. Very little wind
Sea not as angry as yesterday.
77 on the porch.
It just got REAL dark.

Bob and Susan - 8-24-2013 at 08:20 AM

its wet and windy here on the bay now

looks like it combined with the mainland stuff...

pescador...i'd skip the carnitas today:light::o

rainmap1.jpg - 49kB

vandenberg - 8-24-2013 at 08:20 AM

Heavy rain here in Nopolo for the last half hour. Little wind.

David K - 8-24-2013 at 08:22 AM

Thanks Nomads in Baja for the reports... stay safe and above the water line!!!

tiotomasbcs - 8-24-2013 at 08:46 AM

Thanks for the updates! I'm on the road traveling in the Northcountry. Let it rain! Enjoy the coolness Mono, Katie, et al. Smiles. Tio

rts551 - 8-24-2013 at 09:04 AM

Rain in Abreojos this morning. Very light right now.

Pescador - 8-24-2013 at 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan
its wet and windy here on the bay now

looks like it combined with the mainland stuff...

pescador...i'd skip the carnitas today:light::o

We stepped out the door at 10:15 in San Bruno and figured it might be a go, and the wind and rain hit like a wall. So guess no Carnitas today. My mouth was already watering. I guess I should go to the marina and check on the boat anyway. Thanks.

BajaNomad - 8-24-2013 at 09:40 AM

AT 800 AM PDT...1500 UTC...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM IVO WAS
LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 22.5 NORTH...LONGITUDE 113.4 WEST. IVO IS
MOVING TOWARD THE NORTH-NORTHWEST NEAR 12 MPH...19 KM/H. THIS
GENERAL MOTION WITH A DECREASE IN FORWARD SPEED IS EXPECTED DURING
THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS. ON THE FORECAST TRACK...THE CENTER OF IVO
WILL MOVE PARALLEL TO THE WEST COAST OF THE BAJA CALIFORNIA
PENINSULA.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 45 MPH...75 KM/H...WITH HIGHER
GUSTS. IVO IS MOVING OVER COLDER WATER...AND IT IS EXPECTED TO
WEAKEN TONIGHT THROUGH MONDAY.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 195 MILES...315 KM
FROM THE CENTER.

9am-intellicast.jpg - 47kB

vandenberg - 8-24-2013 at 09:41 AM

Again, very heavy rain here in Nopolo.
If this keeps up and advances towards Mulege, they are in for it.
Hope everyone headed to higher grounds.

monoloco - 8-24-2013 at 09:42 AM

Sunny here but rain clouds over the mountains. Average wind speed is 22mph but we have had gusts to 37. The ocean looks like Victory At Sea.

BajaNomad - 8-24-2013 at 09:44 AM

8am (PT) forecast

8am-noaa.jpg - 48kB

BajaNomad - 8-24-2013 at 10:06 AM

BASED ON... SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY THROUGH [8:45am PDT]...

A LONG FETCH OF SOUTHWESTERLY WINDS ASSOCIATED WITH THE TROPICAL
CYCLONE IS NOTED FROM 20-25N BETWEEN 105-115W...AND IS PRODUCING
COMBINED SEAS TO 16 FT WITH THE MAXIMUM SEAS NEAR THE SOUTHERN
TIP OF THE BAJA CALIFORNIA PENINSULA. LARGE SURF WILL IMPACT THE
PACIFIC COAST OF THE CENTRAL AND SOUTH BAJA CALIFORNIA PENINSULA
THROUGH TONIGHT...AS WELL AS THE SOUTHERN GULF OF CALIFORNIA.

Katiejay99 - 8-24-2013 at 10:07 AM

Wind picking up here in Todos Santos. I have no way to tell what the speed is, but the trees and bushes are dancing pretty good. No rain right now.

BajaNomad - 8-24-2013 at 10:09 AM

800 AM PDT SAT AUG 24 2013

...IVO SHOULD CONTINUE TO MOVE GENERALLY
NORTH-NORTHWESTWARD ON THE WEST SIDE OF A SUBTROPICAL RIDGE LOCATED
OVER MEXICO FOR THE NEXT DAY OR SO. AFTER THAT...THE DYNAMICAL
MODELS ARE NOW IN MUCH BETTER AGREEMENT THAT THE CYCLONE WILL SHEAR
APART IN 24-48 HR...WITH THE MID/UPPER-LEVEL PORTION CONTINUING
NORTHWARD AND THE LOW-LEVEL CENTER STALLING WEST OF THE BAJA
CALIFORNIA PENINSULA. THE NEW FORECAST TRACK FOLLOWS THIS
SCENARIO...AND IT IS SHIFTED A LITTLE TO THE WEST OF THE PREVIOUS
TRACK BASED ON THE INITIAL POSITION.

IVO SHOULD START WEAKENING WITHIN 12-24 HOURS AS IT MOVES OVER THE
COLDER WATER WEST OF THE BAJA CALIFORNIA PENINSULA. THE CYCLONE IS
EXPECTED TO DEGENERATE INTO A REMNANT LOW BY 36 HR AND DISSIPATE
COMPLETELY BY 96 HR.

RAIN ASSOCIATED WITH IVO IS SPREADING OVER THE SOUTHERN AND CENTRAL
BAJA CALIFORNIA PENINSULA. MOISTURE FROM THE CYCLONE IS EXPECTED
TO SPREAD NORTHWARD ACROSS THE REMAINDER OF THE BAJA CALIFORNIA
PENINSULA...NORTHWESTERN MEXICO...AND THE SOUTHWESTERN UNITED
STATES...AND CAUSE LOCALLY HEAVY RAINS AND FLASH FLOODING DURING
THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS.

willyAirstream - 8-24-2013 at 11:10 AM

11am Noaa report. ..becoming less organized and weakening......

Had steady rain in Mulege for an hour, just when I was moving, but just a drizzle now.

Vandenberg and Mula, still raining?

Mula - 8-24-2013 at 11:18 AM

No rain since 10am and not hard then - only steady for a short time this morning for about an hour - then showers.

Just now the wind is coming up and dark clouds to the south.

BajaNomad - 8-24-2013 at 11:22 AM

11am PDT forecast

11am-noaa.jpg - 49kB

BajaNomad - 8-24-2013 at 11:35 AM

10:30a PDT infrared satellite (intellicast)

930-intellicast.jpg - 47kB

DavidE - 8-24-2013 at 11:42 AM

12:34 MDT Asunción

100% overcast. Saw a couple dozen spatters of rain on the windshield a half hour ago. "Breeze" maybe 1 mph. Temp centro perhaps 82, R/H 60%. Heavy-duty marine aroma well onshore. Heard very large surf last night.

IMHO, "Ivo" is breaking apart. I feel most of the action is going to cross the peninsula to the south including (for here anyway) much needed rainfall. Probably raining like hell way out in the Pacific to the south. Vamos a ver. This weather is identical to what happens at "home" in Las Aguas. For me, extremely comfortable.

vandenberg - 8-24-2013 at 12:55 PM

After an hour of slight sprinkles, the rain has started back up at a pretty good clip. Lots of heavy clouds in the mountains, thick enough to interfere with the TV signal.

All our streets are flooded.
Really coming down now. And thunder just started.

[Edited on 8-24-2013 by vandenberg]

Mariz - 8-24-2013 at 01:42 PM

Raining just about all day here in Loreto. Some strong bands and some gentle rain in between. Some light wind. Cool and very pleasant.

I would estimate maybe 3 inches so far for us.

chuckie - 8-24-2013 at 01:44 PM

Thats not what we wanted to hear in Mulege....If its raining like that in the mountains, and moving north. we will see the river start to come up by morning?...

mulegemichael - 8-24-2013 at 01:46 PM

chuckie....please keep the reports coming; much appreciated.....looks like now she's moved farther offshore...keep yer fingers crossed.

DavidE - 8-24-2013 at 01:47 PM

2:20PM light misty rain in BA. That is like a biblical deluge for the Vizcaino.

Hoping good fortune prevails in Mulegé. Fingers crossed.

dbrooks - 8-24-2013 at 01:59 PM

I'm supposed to fly to Mag Bay tomorrow morning...anybody in that neck of the woods with a report?

willyAirstream - 8-24-2013 at 02:04 PM

Noaa 2pm pdt....all warnings and advisories discontinued.......

Still worried about those mountain rains.

Cloudy here, slight drizzle, sun is trying to come out.

chuckie - 8-24-2013 at 02:07 PM

We dont have to worry about the hurricane center Michael, when we had the last big flood the hurricane was way off shore...its the rain..baby...look at the front still south of cabo heading across at about 20:30 zulu...

tiotomasbcs - 8-24-2013 at 02:37 PM

The big,beautiful storm cell near Loreto/Mulege appears to be moving north. The big cell off the Pacific down south appears to be swinging north in the direction of TS/Pescadero. Beer and ice and gasoline for the gennie. I remember watching Weather Center on Sat TV and Julietta was overhead!! Amazing. That was the year most arroyos ran for 24hrs closing the hwy, temporarily. Think green! Tio

bajajudy - 8-24-2013 at 02:37 PM

It still looks like rain here, although very little has hit the ground since early this morning.
If the duration here is any indication of how long you folks up the peninsula can expect rain, chill down the beer and get your foul weather gear by the door.

Mexitron - 8-24-2013 at 02:56 PM

looks like BA will get some rain, at least that's how the satellite looks:

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/west/nepac/loop-avn.html

Mula - 8-24-2013 at 03:24 PM

Just got back from Insurgentes and Constitucion.
Lots of wind there and very little rain.

Only ran into rain coming in to Lopez. Left at 1:30 and came back to the streets flooded and the kids playing in thigh deep intersections.

Still raining and only a little wind.

Don't know what is happening in San Carlos.

Mulegena - 8-24-2013 at 03:24 PM

MulegeMichael
On the very slow, very muddy drive into town this afternoon I saw that your house was being tended to. Your garage was open and virtually empty. Garage is now closed.

The rain in Mulege seems finished, very little wind, still cool (that's the only blessing from the storms, it cools down for the day). No flooding in town.

However, what matters is what's going on up in the mountains to the west. We're leaving the boat out of the water for awhile longer.

It ain't over 'till Ivo says its over.

bajaguy - 8-24-2013 at 03:31 PM

Pack the boat full of beer and snacks....just in case

Quote:
Originally posted by Mulegena
.......We're leaving the boat out of the water for awhile longer......It ain't over 'till Ivo says its over.

DavidE - 8-24-2013 at 04:09 PM

BA 5:00PM

Just enough wet to tamp down the dust. Maybe later for the rain...

Pages:  1    3