BajaNomad

Great Breakfast spot in San Vicente - Valentina's

Curt63 - 8-21-2013 at 11:47 AM

What a gem. This place is about 2-3 doors south of the Pemex in San Vicente on the same side as the Pemex.

It's almost covered by a big Pepper tree and I think the name is Valentino's. It doesn't matter cause you can't read the sign anyway (covered by tree). Lots of parking.

It appears to be owned and operated by 2 or 3 brothers in their 30's. Very professional and comfortable. Excellent customer service and excellent coffee and food! It has a dining room with the feel of a loncheria.

The customers appeared to be local ranchers taking a late morning breakfast and some travelers (I visited on a Wed. about 10:00 am a month ago).

This is my new gas up/ breakfast spot when I cross the border early morning.

Buen provecho!

[Edited on 8-22-2013 by Curt63]

woody with a view - 8-21-2013 at 12:05 PM

El Chino has awesome birria right below the PEMEX sign in SV, as a backup if these guys are closed.

tripledigitken - 8-21-2013 at 12:07 PM

I believe it is Valentina's. It is our southbound breakfast stop on most trips. Consistently good food and service.

Ken

KurtG - 8-21-2013 at 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
I believe it is Valentina's. It is our southbound breakfast stop on most trips. Consistently good food and service.

Ken

Yes, Valentina's. Been a favorite for many years. Great breakfasts and later in the day I really like their Bistec Ranchero. Nice guys and good service at very good prices.

bajajudy - 8-21-2013 at 01:27 PM

Going south, which side of the highway?

tripledigitken - 8-21-2013 at 01:30 PM

Bajajudy,

Left side just south of Pemex.

Ken

San Vicente Street Food

David K - 8-21-2013 at 03:16 PM

Was excellent , as well... if Valentino's is closed...

West side of Mex. 1/ Across the highway from the Pemex.

EL VERGEL checking out the cart.

BAJACAT 'digging in'.

Can't have too many salsas!

bajacalifornian - 8-21-2013 at 03:26 PM

Been hungry passing through San Vincente. Thanks. I'm sure we'll try it!

tripledigitken - 8-21-2013 at 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
... if Valentino's is closed...

David,

The correct spelling is Valentina's....

I couldn't resist...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ken

David K - 8-21-2013 at 05:26 PM

I didn't think you were sure of the name as you said you 'think' it was Valentina's... thought I had a chance of getting it right. I mean I never hear of a 'Rudolph Valentina'? :lol:

Thanks Ken... :light:

David K - 8-21-2013 at 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Curt63
What a gem. This place is about 2-3 doors south of the Pemex in San Vicente on the same side as the Pemex.

It's almost covered by a big Pepper tree and I think the name is Valentino's. It doesn't matter cause you can't read the sign anyway (covered by tree). Lots of parking.

It appears to be owned and operated by 2 or 3 brothers in their 30's. Very professional and comfortable. Excellent customer service and excellent coffee and food! It has a dining room with the feel of a loncheria.

The customers appeared to be local ranchers taking a late morning breakfast and some travelers (I visited on a Wed. about 10:00 am a month ago).

Buen provecho!

Watch out Curt, Ken is checking us!

DianaT - 8-21-2013 at 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Curt63

Buen provecho!

Yes. It has been our regular stop for 20+ years. It is a real multi-generational family operation and we have watched it grow over the years. And yes, it is usually full of locals. They are really good people.

They also have the small hotel in the back. We have not stayed there as they are not pet friendly in the hotel. However, when they have trimmed the big tree to the side and it is really hot, they don't care if you eat out front with your dog. Bathrooms out back are old, but clean.

BAJACAT - 8-21-2013 at 09:11 PM

Yes DK that was some good Borrego "consome;, we had..the menuderia if you like menudo on the south side of the general store as you go south it will be on your left side, she makes red and white menudo, so far the best in all Baja's..