BajaNomad

Safer than Baja????

bajaguy - 8-22-2013 at 06:45 AM

Read the article and check out the map

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/aug/06/UT-murder-map-pol...

David K - 8-22-2013 at 06:53 AM

I feel safer in Baja, and happier, too! Naturally, I don't camp or four wheel in any city... but one thing for sure is that Americans are killed and robbed every day in the U.S. but rarely in Mexico. Bad stuff happens everywhere... so why not enjoy what makes you happy instead of hiding in your home or avoiding Mexico? When your time comes, at least be where you love being or love doing!

DENNIS - 8-22-2013 at 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Americans are killed and robbed every day in the U.S. but rarely in Mexico.

Funny thing, isn't it, how that works.....Americans in America, and Mexicans in Mexico. I wonder why that is?

Ohhhh....I know. These are the places where Americans and Mexicans live.

So....let's just strip the victims of their birth label and see how the numbers play out. I mean, murder is murder......death is death. The Grim Reaper doesn't care where you were born or which flag you salute.

By implying that Americans have a safety value in Mexico just because they're Americans is ludicrous.

SFandH - 8-22-2013 at 09:00 AM

Whether you're safe or not largely depends upon what street you're on, anywhere in the world. It's a highly local thing.

[Edited on 8-22-2013 by SFandH]

J.P. - 8-22-2013 at 09:07 AM

I used to hang in this Bar in Texas that had a Bouncer at the door as many such places do. The difference was He patted you down and if you didn't have a weapon he gave you one. They didn't want anyone in there that couldn't take care of themselves .

sancho - 8-22-2013 at 11:13 AM

This subject has been beaten to death, the repetition
of which is safer , Mex or the US. What's the term, perception
is reality? The US media did not fabricate those TJ
murder stories, just reported them. Anyone have a map
of TJ listing the REPORTED murders, I suspect there is
6 to every one reported. Whether it is San Diego or Mex,
I would bet many/most have something to do with
drugs, makes no sense to compare the 2 areas

DENNIS - 8-22-2013 at 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sancho
Anyone have a map
of TJ listing the REPORTED murders, I suspect there is
6 to every one reported.

More practical to have a map of locations that haven't had murders. It would save a ton of ink.

vgabndo - 8-22-2013 at 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by J.P.
I used to hang in this Bar in Texas that had a Bouncer at the door as many such places do. The difference was He patted you down and if you didn't have a weapon he gave you one. They didn't want anyone in there that couldn't take care of themselves .

If this is not totally a pile of the stuff that comes out of the Dixie end of a Northbound Longhorn, it should be! The idea of mixing drunks, who's drug is implicated in 70% of prison incarcerations, with loaded guns MANDATORY on all the drug users, defies all rationality. However, you did claim this thing (that Google never heard of) happened in Texas. I think an internet search would reveal that many millions of Americans think Texas itself should be shot if for no other reason than what those delusional thugs have done to America's textbooks.

DENNIS - 8-22-2013 at 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
Texas itself should be shot if for no other reason than what those delusional thugs have done to America's textbooks.

What's the problem with an unread textbook? George Bush should have a bumper sticker proclaiming, "No textbooks were harmed in my ejoocation." :lol:

J.P. - 8-22-2013 at 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
Quote:
Originally posted by J.P.

If this is not totally a pile of the stuff that comes out of the Dixie end of a Northbound Longhorn, it should be! The idea of mixing drunks, who's drug is implicated in 70% of prison incarcerations, with loaded guns MANDATORY on all the drug users, defies all rationality. However, you did claim this thing (that Google never heard of) happened in Texas. I think an internet search would reveal that many millions of Americans think Texas itself should be shot if for no other reason than what those delusional thugs have done to America's textbooks.

GEEES what a Sanctimonious rant . Do you verify life by Google. what I posted was a possibly lame attempt at levity.
As far as Texas needing To be shot, I agree that a whole lot of people calling themselves Texans should be shot as should most of the California Liberals. I spent a lot of my life in both places. Which is Quite possibly the reason I prefer Baja.

[Edited on 8-22-2013 by J.P.]

sancho - 8-22-2013 at 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS

What's the problem with an unread textbook? George Bush should have a bumper sticker proclaiming, "No textbooks were harmed in my ejoocation

When topics drift off to my FAVORITE sporting subject, namely
the only US Pres to take office with criminal record, I expect Doug to pull the plug on it, anyway what's wrong with a low C student, male cheerleader, hope this qualifies by throwing in the word Baja

DENNIS - 8-22-2013 at 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sancho
male cheerleader,

You are kidding. I paid so little attention to him, I had no idea.
Really??? A cheerleader???

wessongroup - 8-22-2013 at 03:07 PM

Good stuff ... :lol::lol:

sancho - 8-22-2013 at 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS

Really??? A cheerleader???

Not too good of a pic, but.... ( the male chherleaders may be
called Yell Leaders)
http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/images/blbushcheerle...

DavidE - 8-22-2013 at 05:38 PM

Shudda read

"No Textbooks Were OPENED In My Eddycation"