BajaNomad

Not mine but interesting

bkbend - 8-24-2013 at 09:20 AM

Interesting travelog.

wessongroup - 8-24-2013 at 12:20 PM

Thanks ........ "straight up" on how it works and the issues ...

They might have "taken away" that they were really LUCKY dudes to get back .... in one piece, for now

Journalists and/or media folks in Mexico don't fair well when "talking" about the issue and/or players ... come to think of it .... that would apply to just about anyone, and their: family, dog ... et al

Seem's a lot of money and effort .... considering the excellent point made, we don't even know if all the money and effort will "work"

Interesting ..... from a very "safe" distance

vgabndo - 8-24-2013 at 03:46 PM

A thoroughly entertaining piece. As Ike Eisenhower spins like a gyro in his grave, the Border Industrial Complex, and the Prison Industrial Complex, join his feared Military Industrial Complex to lobby to keep Cannabis illegal in the face of incontrovertible evidence that their prohibitionist goals, and their abject failure to reach them, have proven unacceptable to our culture. It appears that America learned nothing from the prohibition of alcohol.

I'm going to guess that a greater percentage of Americans approve of the adult use of Cannabis than approve of Congress!:fire:

I did the research. Gallop in 2011 found 50% of Americans favored legalizing Cannabis. A contemporary CBS report on the subject gives Congress a 17% approval rating.:lol:

[Edited on 8-24-2013 by vgabndo]

woody with a view - 8-25-2013 at 12:09 PM

my favorite part of the replies, "I know exactly where you guys were in "part 3". I've been there many times. I've never had a problem there, but it is sketchy. Please don't be showing any geographical shots that give away our secret spots. You won't be very welcome next time we see you there."

i have to agree. now every surfer will be seen as suspect by the smugglers/growers. how genuine to blur the faces. ever stop to think they don't all wear those floral print shorts? i bet the guys are already dead. good job, hero!

Ateo - 8-25-2013 at 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
my favorite part of the replies, "I know exactly where you guys were in "part 3". I've been there many times. I've never had a problem there, but it is sketchy. Please don't be showing any geographical shots that give away our secret spots. You won't be very welcome next time we see you there."

i have to agree. now every surfer will be seen as suspect by the smugglers/growers. how genuine to blur the faces. ever stop to think they don't all wear those floral print shorts? i bet the guys are already dead. good job, hero!

Yep, They should've blurred the entire bodies of those guys.

Ateo - 8-25-2013 at 12:45 PM

This is a great find soulpatch!!!

A very depressing video, but a good find. What a fleecing.....

We take a politically solvable problem and screw it all up. We do this with most issues in the USA.

I think times are changing though. Legalization is coming.

CortezBlue - 8-25-2013 at 04:57 PM

Good production value, but pretty anti climactic.

woody with a view - 8-25-2013 at 04:58 PM

AGREED, those wimps should have paid for a one way ticket, embarking from Popotla.

THAT would have been journalism.....

wessongroup - 8-25-2013 at 05:02 PM

"I'm going to guess that a greater percentage of Americans approve of the adult use of Cannabis than approve of Congress!"

SF 10+ ... (Spew factor) .. the "screen" has taken a beating today .. .thanks I need that .. :lol::lol: