BajaNomad

Cough, Cough, Hack, Hack

Bajajorge - 8-26-2013 at 10:13 AM

The Rim Fire at Yosemite is about to choke me to death. Visibility through the smoke haze around my house is only about 3-400 feet:wow: in the afternoons. Mornings just a light haze, then in the afternoon it's a horror.
Guess the people that live in that area really have more problems than just smoke.

wessongroup - 8-26-2013 at 10:16 AM

Sounds like a really bad one ....

DianaT - 8-26-2013 at 10:24 AM

It appears the wind has changed directions a bit and the fire, of course, has grown. When we went through Topaz on Friday morning, the smoke was not a problem especially after spending the night trying to breath in Carson City. TERRIBLE. Sounds like you are now getting a heavy dose. :no:

Some of the smoke has now drifted down to Big Pine. Yesterday evening, it appeared we were also getting some smoke from the south east and don't know where that was coming from.

Sure hope some of that rain, without lightning please, travels up here to help with the fires. Fighting the rim fire certainly could use assistance from mother nature!

[Edited on 8-26-2013 by DianaT]

bajaguy - 8-26-2013 at 10:26 AM

Ugly here also, George...........viz is less than a mile.

Will probably not want to sit around a campfire for a couple of years.

Skipjack Joe - 8-26-2013 at 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajajorge
The Rim Fire at Yosemite is about to choke me to death. Visibility through the smoke haze around my house is only about 3-400 feet:wow: in the afternoons. Mornings just a light haze, then in the afternoon it's a horror.
Guess the people that live in that area really have more problems than just smoke.

This will make you appreciate the glorious view you have all year even more.

Hope you don't take this the wrong way.

Bajajorge - 8-27-2013 at 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Ugly here also, George...........viz is less than a mile.

Will probably not want to sit around a campfire for a couple of years.

Don't need no stinkin campfire. I'll have leftover smoke in my lungs for years to come.:lol:

wessongroup - 8-27-2013 at 08:44 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

DavidE - 8-27-2013 at 03:49 PM

Just don't get trapped!