monoloco - 9-2-2013 at 06:11 PM

Wifi equipped buses:

chuckie - 9-2-2013 at 06:25 PM

NOW Thats cool....

durrelllrobert - 9-2-2013 at 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
NOW Thats cool....
Wonder how they get signal while on the road? Has Carlos Slim added something to his cell towers? Maybe it only works when bus is parked in a hot spot?

rts551 - 9-2-2013 at 07:01 PM

my truck has wifi. only works when there is a cell signal

monoloco - 9-2-2013 at 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
NOW Thats cool....
Wonder how they get signal while on the road? Has Carlos Slim added something to his cell towers? Maybe it only works when bus is parked in a hot spot?
I'm guessing that it's a Banda Ancha 3g/4g based system. Mexico has gone from making phone calls at the caseta to wifi equipped buses in less than 20 years. Amazing!

Alan - 9-2-2013 at 09:37 PM

Worked awesome when I caught the EcoBaja shuttle to the SJD airport from La Paz.

Mulegena - 9-2-2013 at 09:43 PM

It was on the Mexican newsbroadcasts today that there's talk of having wifi on the "pesseros",
the smaller city buses in Mexico City.

BajaBlanca - 9-3-2013 at 06:34 AM

As we were driving north yesterday, we drove by a brand spanking new bus. It looked phenomenal. To be able to access wifi internet is waaaay cool. I used it the last time I took a bus and it was very convenient. Not to mention helps time fly.

Mexico is jumping by leaps and bounds in some sectors and still lightyears behind in others. We cant get them to install a new phone line at the new house. They want to put in an electric post right smack dab in the middle of out bnb front parking lot.......Iwont go on. It is still early in the day. But wifi on buses is simply phenomenal.

Udo - 9-3-2013 at 07:16 AM

They get wi-fi on a bus, and our end of BA we can't even get a phone line, or internet

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca. To be able to access wifi internet is waaaay cool. I used it the last time I took a bus and it was very convenient.

dasubergeek - 9-3-2013 at 02:27 PM

This has been in place on the Intercalifornias buses from LA to Tijuana for a little while. It seems to be satellite-based. Still, to be able to use WiFi while you're waiting for the bus to cross the border...!