BajaNomad

Coop Fishing Tournament in Asuncion...big success!

shari - 9-3-2013 at 08:21 AM

The fishing cooperativa California de San Igancio held it's annual fishing tournament to raise funds for it's student scholarship program. It was very well attended and organized...they even had 2 porta potties!!!!

there were over 60 participants for panga and shore fishing catagories and it was a perfect fishing day for everyone.

Ensenadita, the cove by our place...was a great place to hold the event as there is ample parking and no big waves to deal with launching and unloading fish and the kids loved playing in the calm cove.

the feast they put on was fantastic, ceviche, seafood c-cktails and BBQ'd yellowtail prepared by the coop volunteers. I loved the BBQ they had set up in the back of a pick up for warming up the tortillas!

Here were the prize winning weights and team names...the yellowtail was a fatty at nearly 50 lbs.

Miguel who owns the tortilleria and store Doritas won first prize in the calico division.

Here is Nomad Boe4fun trying to pick up the winning fish, and the circus clown holding it up for pictures...their team won 2nd prize in the yellowtail catagory.

Everyone had a wonderful day and this event is growing and becoming a really popular event and will be held the first weekend in September every year. Here are some of the teams and a link to the whole album of photos.

Here is a slide show of the day

http://s1327.photobucket.com/user/labufadorainn/slideshow/Co...

[Edited on 9-3-2013 by shari]

[Edited on 9-4-2013 by shari]

bajagrouper - 9-3-2013 at 08:27 AM

Hola Shari, great photos, miss BA and miss you guys, Rick

rts551 - 9-3-2013 at 08:34 AM

[img][/img]

acadist - 9-3-2013 at 04:28 PM

Looks like great fun!

luv2fish - 9-3-2013 at 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by acadist
Looks like great fun!

X2

woody with a view - 9-3-2013 at 07:43 PM

x3.

BajaBlanca - 9-3-2013 at 08:06 PM

X4. (((:

shari - 9-7-2013 at 06:51 AM

Yesterday I heard that the Coop will be holding another tournament just like this one next weekend in case anyone is in the neighbourhood and wants to get in on the fun....Juan's band will be playing this time at the beach party!

Bobvaso - 9-7-2013 at 10:06 AM

What a great tournament. Looks like a very fun time. Punta Banda is agreeing with me so far. Still looking for local clinic and doc tho. I hear that if Juan's band is playing nthen RenoJoe and Zoe appear. Keep on Fishin'!!!