BajaNomad

"IS THE BIG-HEAT OVER FOR THE SUMMER?"

DavidE - 9-13-2013 at 02:58 PM

If so, this is one of the earliest "cool-downs" I can remember. But then this is posed as a question and I remain curious about what I shall read.

By "cool down" I guess I should say "When The Steambath Humidity Takes A Hike"

shari - 9-13-2013 at 03:25 PM

i doubt it....more tropical storms to come perhaps.

Mexitron - 9-13-2013 at 04:01 PM

Still hot up north...humidity is lower though, thank Gawd.

nbacc - 9-13-2013 at 04:40 PM

It is never over until it is OVER

monoloco - 9-13-2013 at 04:50 PM

The last few days have been the hottest of the summer here.

DENNIS - 9-13-2013 at 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari

"Manuel" is gathering momentum:

http://www.cyclocane.com/manuel-storm-tracker/

vandenberg - 9-13-2013 at 05:57 PM

Well it seems to be less hot than usual for September. Was 73 degrees at our porch this morning. Usual doesn't get below 80 this time of year. Daytime temps still in the high 80's, but still doesn't seem as hot as other years.

MMc - 9-13-2013 at 07:09 PM

See the global warming thread. We all complain about it, don't do much about it.
IT'S JUST WEATHER!!! your mileage my very.

Definative answers

DaliDali - 9-14-2013 at 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by nbacc
It is never over until it is OVER

Bingo.......and if your still curious, just dial up 1-800-mothernature for more exacting info.

grace59 - 9-14-2013 at 06:10 AM

I'm a "reverse snowbird", spending summers in San Felipe. This summer did have a few "very" hot days at 100+, but overall it seemed to have more reasonable days .....in the 90s. Seemed nicer overall or perhaps I'm just getting use to it. There were some very humid day and some rain, too....

Bob and Susan - 9-14-2013 at 06:13 AM

i took this a 7am 9-14 Sat

if this keeps up i'll have to "break out" the jacket

temp1.jpg - 48kB

acadist - 9-14-2013 at 06:29 AM

been kinda wet here.......

DENNIS - 9-14-2013 at 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by acadist
been kinda wet here.......

Understatement of the century. You folks are gettin' murdered. :o

DavidE - 9-14-2013 at 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by shari

"Manuel" is gathering momentum:

http://www.cyclocane.com/manuel-storm-tracker/

This storm is going to impact Michoacan and Jalisco

Many forecasters punch keys on keyboards and do not bother to stop and think. When a cyclone comes ashore where there are high mountains, the warm air lifts to heights that have far far lower temperatures needed to extract virtually all the moisture and heat out of the system. It's like a 500 pound werewolf meeting a 500 ton Dracula. The cyclone werewolf may be a bad boy but not when it meets something that'll suck every last drop of blood out of it. The average temperature in those mountains at 5,000 ft. altitude is around 75 degrees during the day and in the low to mid sixties at night. Humidity of around 40%.

I have measured NINETEEN INCHES OF RAINFALL IN ELEVEN HOURS in that area. Thousands of dead birds because of drowning. Rain so hard you can not see the ground in front of you. The up-spatter is so intense it blocks vision of the ground. Rips leaves off of vegetation. Gigantic waterfalls pouring over bluffs directly into the ocean. Cattle dying because they cannot take a breath without getting water in the lungs.

So the thought of this pee-ant storm passing well over the mountains of Michoacan and Jalisco unscathed is a joke. If the path changes and 90% of the storm passes to sea, that's going to be a different story.