BajaNomad

HAVING TROUBLE WITH STARBAND - ANYONE ELSE?

bajalinda - 9-14-2013 at 05:38 PM

The last couple of days our starband has been really spotty - today it's been awful. Most of the time I get a "website not available" message. The Nomad site is one of the 2 or 3 that appears with no problem. Anybody else having problems?

bajalinda - 9-14-2013 at 05:47 PM

Sorry - I somehow double-posted this topic and can't seem to be able to delete one of them. Doug - please delete one, or merge them! Gracias.

astrobaja - 9-15-2013 at 09:17 AM

Our Starband's been working fine Linda, have you tried to use different computers to see if its a hardware/software issue maybe?

bajalinda - 9-15-2013 at 10:18 AM

Yes - we have the same problem on different computers

larryC - 9-15-2013 at 11:43 AM

Linda
Do you know which cluster you are on? Sometimes one of the clusters will have a problem and HQ will have to straighten it out. Do you know how to check your signal strength in skymanage? Your signal strength should be atleast a 5 or you will start losing lights on the modem. Check your strength and let me know what it is.
Larry

bajalinda - 9-15-2013 at 12:26 PM

Thanks Larry - no, don't know how to check signal strength in skymanage, but the lights on the modem seem to be OK. and yes - we know the cluster.

[Edited on 9-15-2013 by bajalinda]

schwlind - 9-15-2013 at 01:18 PM

All I know is Starband has been slow as molasses in January... Very frustrating! From what I hear Hughes isn't any great shakes either!

C205Driver - 9-15-2013 at 05:15 PM

. . .I feel REAL SORRY for anyone that is NOT a very slow person & they are STUCK with Starband; worst internet experience I ever had. . .

bajalinda - 9-16-2013 at 10:54 AM

Mystery solved - thanks all. It seems we were fapped - trying to send a large file through dropbox. Even though we were under the limit of bandwidth use, things were really slowed down. Cancelled the upload a couple of days ago and dropbox was still trying to send it.....^%$#@*!" program.....