BajaNomad

The "David K Show"

Ken Cooke - 9-24-2013 at 08:30 PM

After half a week away from the internet, I saw a great review of David K's interview on YouTube! He did a great job speaking on-camera about Baja.

David , Great job, I miss Baja very much but I am 78 and just can't travel much any more, I lost all of my Baja pictures when our house burned last year. I recommend your website to all my friends !
Max B.

motoged - 9-24-2013 at 08:54 PM

Ken,
Thanks for the link.

David,
Nice to meet you in person....loved the Baja history connection regarding Mr. Gardner and Ms. Pepper.

The truck ad was an interesting commercial break ;D

Ateo - 9-24-2013 at 09:54 PM

Definitely a man who loves Baja. Nice video Ken and DK.

[Edited on 9-25-2013 by Ateo]

Bajame - 9-24-2013 at 11:05 PM

Just a wonderful video ! Thanks David.

baja Steve - 9-25-2013 at 03:45 AM

David what a great job. Ken keep it up I loved it.

shari - 9-25-2013 at 07:02 AM

Nice video guys....I love the painting and the concept of Baja Dreams...which is what so many people have and some of us are lucky to live!
Baja is in your blood David and it shows...thanks for sharing it.

David K - 9-25-2013 at 07:24 AM

Thanks... that video was recorded about 7 or 8 years ago by Ken when he came to visit us. I tried to keep it on target and while it doesn't include it, I answered questions Ken asked me, including the 'Toyota commercial', lol. There was a few edits as I often have an umm pause.. ;)

Since that video, I added many more Baja books to my library, Baja Angel and I got married, new furniture, etc. We have since moved to San Marcos...

The Baja love is something I think we all have in common here on Nomad, and my way of sharing it is to offer my memory, photos, books and maps to inspire adventure and new discoveries by others.

Thanks for the kind words... and thanks to Ken for making the You Tube.

C205Driver - 9-25-2013 at 07:52 AM

. . .Thank You! for posting; love the way Davis speaks - Clearly & Comprehensivley. . .

Bob H - 9-25-2013 at 08:51 AM

That was great!

fdt - 9-25-2013 at 09:37 AM

Great video!

BeemerDan - 9-25-2013 at 10:54 AM

Awesome video, and the Choral Pepper painting is incredible!
What a wondeful treasure to have been bequeathed to you.

I'm riding my little Kawasaki 250 down from Wa state next week for a month long ride thru Baja, Camping as much as possible along the way:bounce:

rhintransit - 9-25-2013 at 11:19 AM

thanks for posting this. great to 'meet' David K

Barry A. - 9-25-2013 at 12:35 PM

Now THAT was fun to watch & learn. Well done, Ken and David!!! It is great to "meet" you, David after all these years-------that alone would have been worth watching these videos for, but they also turned out to be really informative. What a wonderful collection of books, articles, and maps.

Barry

BajaLuna - 9-25-2013 at 03:36 PM

I really enjoyed this video, thanks David and Ken! I hope there's more videos in the future!

You are a treasure to Baja, David K!

Beemer Dan, I'm just across the water from you in Snohomish County! Have a fantastic road trip!

Bajahowodd - 9-25-2013 at 04:02 PM

Did Toyota pay for this??:?::lol::lol::lol::lol:

David K - 9-25-2013 at 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Did Toyota pay for this??:?::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sadly, no... I have paid them a lot, however! It was money well spent for quality built trucks. :bounce:

David K - 9-25-2013 at 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BeemerDan

I'm riding my little Kawasaki 250 down from Wa state next week for a month long ride thru Baja, Camping as much as possible along the way:bounce:

After reading BajaLuna's reply (thanks by-the-way), I am wondering if you know 'Debra' (travelpearl) who attended a few of our group camp trips and the Viva Baja van trip of 2001? Port Orchard isn't that big, right?

tripledigitken - 9-25-2013 at 10:39 PM

Ken/DK,

Why has this been sitting for 6 years?

Good to put a voice with a face!

Ken

David K - 9-25-2013 at 10:46 PM

It was closer to 8 years ago Ken... and Ken Cooke did promote the video a little while back as a primer for his Pole Line Road trips... The only problem was, I never drove the Pole Line Road... but I found a little history about it and the radar station we had in San Felipe, online.

On a another You Tube/ Baja note, 'El Camote' recorded some Baja book authors at the first Pyramid Resort event (2003), and they are real fun to watch, imo.

BeemerDan - 9-26-2013 at 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Quote:
Originally posted by BeemerDan

After reading BajaLuna's reply (thanks by-the-way), I am wondering if you know 'Debra' (travelpearl) who attended a few of our group camp trips and the Viva Baja van trip of 2001? Port Orchard isn't that big, right?

I do know Debra, She has the place down in Camp Gecko, and was a wealth of information an inspiration on my 1st ride down to Baja. I haven't seen her in a couple months tho.

sargentodiaz - 9-28-2013 at 11:41 AM

Enjoyed the video David