BajaNomad

remember Rumofan/Rumofen?

rhintransit - 9-25-2013 at 06:20 AM

great miracle 'natural' herbal supplement for arthritis? I started a topic on it a year or so ago when I experienced altered glucose metabolism, hypertension, and weight gain...
well, it's back in the news: http://usat.ly/1flfBEr

Pescador - 9-26-2013 at 08:04 AM

I can not connect to your URL. I did carry on correspondence with a reporter who was covering that issue.

It is too bad that this stuff is not quite what it is purported to be. It allows me to play guitar with no arthritis pain in my hand, but now I only take them once or twice a month when I seem to be inflamed.

bajabuddha - 9-26-2013 at 08:07 AM

Try Corralejo, works better for me.

BajaBlanca - 9-26-2013 at 08:48 AM

Pescador, the link must have been fixed because it comes up fine now.

So, all these people using Reumofan were feeling better with a placebo? Wow. Someone got rich.

DavidE - 9-26-2013 at 11:41 AM

DICLOFENECO

Voltaren. The same stuff that had me connected to an IV in the local clinica four months ago. Non steroid anti-inflammatory drugs are not play-toys.

Millions upon millions of dollars have been made from selling SUGAR PILLS for nine dozen different afflictions. Patients SWEAR TO GOD that the pills have treated successfully their problems. In Montana, I toured a uranium mine that charged FIVE DOLLARS in the 1930's for radiation treatments for arthritis. My great uncle swore up and down that he knew a lot of people that also swore up and down passing a day in a tunnel with a kerosene lamp successfully treated their arthritis.

P.T. Barnum territory.

Swallow something strange and it proves a person to be a fool.

[Edited on 9-26-2013 by DavidE]

EnsenadaDr - 9-26-2013 at 12:29 PM

These pills had prednisone in them, which is a powerful anti-inflammatory but causes serious side effects. That is the ingredient that had everyone literally jumping for joy immediately.
Quote:
Originally posted by rhintransit
great miracle 'natural' herbal supplement for arthritis? I started a topic on it a year or so ago when I experienced altered glucose metabolism, hypertension, and weight gain...
well, it's back in the news: http://usat.ly/1flfBEr

Martyman - 9-26-2013 at 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabuddha

No way...the bottles are too tall and I knock 'em over and break them.

DavidE - 9-26-2013 at 04:42 PM

Corralejecitos...

Run...A...Little...Far

Pescador - 9-26-2013 at 08:04 PM

No Blanca, no placebo. The pills may well have been exactly the same as Rumoquin which are a prescription medication even in Mexico.

I still take one occasionally when my arthritis pain gets to the point where I can not play guitar, but even taking one a day worked well, but those around said that my attitude was pretty testy.

bajabuddha - 9-26-2013 at 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Martyman
Quote:
Originally posted by bajabuddha

No way...the bottles are too tall and I knock 'em over and break them.

It's a simple solution (pun intended). Chug a bottle of Viva Villa, then fill it w/ Corralejo. More stabil, and the screw-cap doesn't pop out like the original cork........
Happy trails,
bb