BajaNomad

"WAHHH! He Said I Ran A Stop Sign I Had To Pay Him 500 PESOS!"

DavidE - 10-1-2013 at 03:54 PM

Wotta hoot. "You can see my brake lights all the way through the intersection!"

Just wait "till he learns what his insurance company is going to do to him. Then the 3-year instead of 5-year driver license renewal.

Be thankful you have to only put up with an occasional transito that wants nothing more than to buy a little bauble for his mistress. Mexican holidays, especially dia de balentino need to be respected. "Hey I was only keeping up with traffic (118 in a 40 zone)" can be resolved a lot better down here.

But rolling down a hill on an empty highway and seeing my speed had climbed to more than 10 mph almost gives me a heart attack in the states. "What if there was a CHP waiting at the bottom (a favorite radar hangout) waiting for a sucker?"

Yeah kiss many many hundreds of dollars "Adios! MF".

Read on, this is a cut no paste from the SF newspaper...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Derick Neal doesn't remember rolling a right turn at a red light in San Leandro in April, though the video from the red-light camera clearly shows the violation.

What really outraged the 40-year-old software engineer, however, was not the ticket itself, but the price: $490, plus $59 for traffic school.

"It's one thing if I was barreling through, but you can see my brake lights all the way through," he said after viewing the video. "I expected it to be $100, $150 at most for the infraction."

Like Neal, many of the more than 6 million California drivers who get tickets each year experience sticker shock. State records show that traffic citation fines have skyrocketed over the last decade, with some common infractions now costing close to $500.

The ticket for running a red light, which is now $490, cost $340 in 2003 and $103 in 1993, according to the Judicial Council of California, which sets base fines for traffic offenses.

A ticket for rolling through a stop sign costs $238 - a decade ago, it was $130. Speeding up to 15 mph over the limit also comes with a $238 price tag, more than eight times what it cost in 1993.

bajaguy - 10-1-2013 at 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
Wotta hoot. "You can see my brake lights all the way through the intersection!"

Just wait "till he learns what his insurance company is going to do to him. Then the 3-year instead of 5-year driver license renewal.

Be thankful you have to only put up with an occasional transito that wants nothing more than to buy a little bauble for his mistress. Mexican holidays, especially dia de balentino need to be respected. "Hey I was only keeping up with traffic (118 in a 40 zone)" can be resolved a lot better down here.

But rolling down a hill on an empty highway and seeing my speed had climbed to more than 10 mph almost gives me a heart attack in the states. "What if there was a CHP waiting at the bottom (a favorite radar hangout) waiting for a sucker?"

Yeah kiss many many hundreds of dollars "Adios! MF".

Read on, this is a cut no paste from the SF newspaper...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Derick Neal doesn't remember rolling a right turn at a red light in San Leandro in April, though the video from the red-light camera clearly shows the violation.

What really outraged the 40-year-old software engineer, however, was not the ticket itself, but the price: $490, plus $59 for traffic school.

"It's one thing if I was barreling through, but you can see my brake lights all the way through," he said after viewing the video. "I expected it to be $100, $150 at most for the infraction."

Like Neal, many of the more than 6 million California drivers who get tickets each year experience sticker shock. State records show that traffic citation fines have skyrocketed over the last decade, with some common infractions now costing close to $500.

The ticket for running a red light, which is now $490, cost $340 in 2003 and $103 in 1993, according to the Judicial Council of California, which sets base fines for traffic offenses.

A ticket for rolling through a stop sign costs $238 - a decade ago, it was $130. Speeding up to 15 mph over the limit also comes with a $238 price tag, more than eight times what it cost in 1993.

And that is why more and more jurisdictions are doing away with red light cameras.......the local politicians feel the heat

bajagrouper - 10-1-2013 at 04:10 PM

David e writes"But rolling down a hill on an empty highway and seeing my speed had climbed to more than 10 mph almost gives me a heart attack in the states. "What if there was a CHP waiting at the bottom (a favorite radar hangout) waiting for a sucker?"

The CHP would probably give you a ticket for going too slow........

DavidE - 10-1-2013 at 04:54 PM

Not with my luck. I like the ones that start out with

"Do you know why I stopped you"

"Yeah man, I drivin' a chili pepper ride, and you the guy behind those mirror shades don't like spicy ****"

"Tell it to the judge. Sign here! What the HELL is THAT?"

"My 'X' man. Lookit my car. It don't never hardly come north of the border. That's gotta mean I don't read or write or know numbers or nothing"

They are all wimps

durrelllrobert - 10-1-2013 at 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE

" and you the guy behind those mirror shades don't like spicy ****""

BajaBlanca - 10-2-2013 at 08:39 AM

Man, that is an expensive ticket. Esp. With the economy NOB being so slow.

DavidE - 10-2-2013 at 09:42 AM

BEWARE OF THE U.S.A. ! ! ! ! !

They are a bunch of computerized predators.

"The reason I stopped you today is because the captain put a little note in my time card slot. He wrote "Bubba, you gotta choice, either increase your infraction values to the minimum, thirty thousand dollars a month, or get transferred to the academy as a junior assistant instructor. I don't like getting nasty telephone calls from the politicos about this. TREASURY REVENUE AUGMENTATION is job 1, Bubba. Remember there isn't a single driver on the highway that cannot be cited sooner or later. They are always hiding something; make it count. Go gettum tiger"