BajaNomad

Andy Grider wins the Baja Rally!

BajaGeoff - 10-10-2013 at 09:44 AM

Here is a video I put together from Andy Grider's win at the inaugural Baja Rally last weekend. Scotty Bloom put on a great event and all of the riders were very enthusiastic about rally racing being brought down to Baja. I see this event growing very quickly...

Baja Bound racers nearly swept the podium, but Quinn Cody had his bike seize up 10 miles from the finish, allowing Andy to take the win. Cameron Steele took second and Chilly White took 3rd.

¡Viva Baja!

bufeo - 10-10-2013 at 09:57 AM

Geoff, great video! Thanks for this.

Since Quinn is a longtime friend as well (known him all his life), I was sorry to see his bike break, but, heck, a win is a win is a win, eh?

Andy is a fierce competitor and I think his success at this rally illustrates his skill level is equal to his competitive nature. He hasn't ridden bikes much over the past few years and it's been seven years since he rode one in competition.

Annie tells me there's to be a longer film about the rally. What's the news on that?

Thanks again for posting this video.

Allen R

BajaGeoff - 10-10-2013 at 10:16 AM

Thanks bufeo...Andy did a great job! And the fact that he got sick after the first day of racing and had very little sleep is a testament to what a great competitor he is.

In regards to the longer film...not sure what the plans are but myself and Jacob Gonzalez from Race-Dezert.com shot video on the ground and Jimmy Lee Cook shot some incredible video from the helicopter. That plus all of the GoPro footage from the racers should be plenty of material for Scotty to put an amazing video together to promote the event.

TMW - 10-10-2013 at 10:37 AM

Congrats to Andy and loved the video.

BajaGeoff - 10-13-2013 at 12:26 PM

Thanks TW! I also have some aerial footage from the helicopter that I will be using for another video. It has some incredible shots of Anna Cody and Larry Roeseler riding together and Quinn pinning it on the beach at 90MPH....