BajaNomad

Mouse wars of Gecko; part Tres

Santiago - 10-21-2013 at 07:22 PM

Having spent a couple of years of my grad school years taking care of the mouse lab in the Psychology department, I've grown to love the little buggers. However, things in Gecko are getting out of hand. Last night, after long evening of toasting Beach Bob with half-empty bottles of tequila that everyone drug over, you know, this was Bob's bottle who squirreled it away at my place.
I thought I was special - SOB had a half liter hidden in everyone's cabin.
Anyway, I wake up around three in the morning with the largest kangaroo rat I've ever seen sitting on my chest just staring at me. I made a pot of coffee and spent the rest of the morning wondering why we live, grow old and die.

Paulina - 10-21-2013 at 08:10 PM

Did you name your new buddy "Bob" by any chance?

Makes you wonder if your 3am visit was something other than a chance kangaroo rat drive by...

P>*)))>{

rts551 - 10-21-2013 at 08:20 PM

Sometimes we place way too much importance on ourselves. Maybe that mouse is the center of everything?

willardguy - 10-21-2013 at 08:35 PM

kangaroo mice have pouches on their cheeks to carry their stash. did ya look in there, bob might have left you a little something!

Martyman - 10-23-2013 at 03:28 PM

The kangaroo rats don't live in my house but...i have a very small species and an medium species of mice. So...three separate species at least. They are the permanent residents and we just visit

David K - 10-23-2013 at 05:27 PM

October, 2009, Shell Island:

woody with a view - 10-23-2013 at 05:40 PM

we used to shoot them off the bluff at Juanico with a daisy bb gun back in '91. it didn't deter theim....

Marc - 10-23-2013 at 06:14 PM

Back in '96 at Gecko we had two who were regular visitors. One big and the other one tiny. One had a crooked tail. We named them Mutt & Jeff. Did our best not to step on them. I have a print photo of the two somewhere. Good times there in the past. Dropped by two weeks ago for a look but we were chased of by a private property sign.

Skipjack Joe - 10-24-2013 at 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Santiago

Anyway, I wake up around three in the morning with the largest kangaroo rat I've ever seen sitting on my chest just staring at me. I made a pot of coffee and spent the rest of the morning wondering why we live, grow old and die.

:lol::lol:

Yes, I've often made the same connection.

DanO - 10-24-2013 at 11:35 AM

A few years ago I opened a drawer under my sons' bunk beds and discovered a family of those little buggers living in there. Had to evict them, they weren't paying any rent (the kangaroo rats, not my sons).

4baja - 10-24-2013 at 05:37 PM

i heard they tast good, jim just add butter.

woody with a view - 10-24-2013 at 08:10 PM

never did find them in the morning. we'd sit by the fire at night and take pot shots....

Skipjack Joe - 10-24-2013 at 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 4baja

i heard they tast good, jim just add butter.

They love peanut butter.