BajaNomad

Taqueria 2000 and Jersey Cows

bajadock - 10-22-2013 at 05:47 PM

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=49990
...reviving the Jersey Cows, Rosarito branch...

After dining at Caesar’s Tijuana, we drove south to Rosarito Beach to a dive close to WalMart that had pool tables and balls, but, the weakest and most broken cue sticks I had ever seen.

Two beers and several scratched cue balls later, we asked our beertender for taco recommendations at this 9PM hour. He sent us on our way to Taqueria 2000, open until 10PM every day.

They were easy to find and happy to see us. The steak was smoking on the grill and the employees were still busy chopping the veggies. Our carne tacos were served with beans, a fresh and chunky guacamole, onions, peppers, radishes, red salsa and limes.

Saw a “Chihuahuense” menu option and asked WTF? Thought it was a specialty from Chihuahua. It’s simply a taco that includes cheese. New name for me.

Most people need to judge tacos stands as “best”, “almost as good as” and other titles. Taqueria 2000 is not as well known as the usual gringo hangouts, but, is on my repeat often list in Rosarito. Tacos were 13 pesos and full of meat. Two of these tacos make a satisfying meal.

Indoor plumbing, men’s and women’s, is also available on the premises. Parking is easy on Calle Ensenada.

Taqueria 2000 is located on Calle Ensenada, just east of Benito Juarez, the main drag. You can also access Taqueria 2000 from hwy 1 toll road at the Rosarito Exit, 1/2 mile south of Comercial Mex, where a Pemex, Jersey Milk and the famous Jersey Cows mark the corner of Calle Ensenada. 664-235-0201

motoged - 10-23-2013 at 11:26 AM

Boy, do those tacos look good....making me drool....(just a bit) ;D

However, the other pic (map with cow insert) gives me concern.....looks like a really small pasture for those cows...:o ;D

durrelllrobert - 10-23-2013 at 11:32 AM

"Saw a “Chihuahuense” menu option and asked WTF? Thought it was a specialty from Chihuahua. It’s simply a taco that includes cheese. New name for me."

..and I was worried about the dogs :lol::lol:

Great Report and Great Directions!

Gypsy Jan - 10-23-2013 at 04:14 PM

Tacqueria 2000 has been around for many years, maybe since or before year 2000, in various locations, one of them across the street from the Rosarito Telnor office.

When we visited, the food was always good and freshly prepared, the facilities clean and inviting and the prices are right.