BajaNomad

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH

acadist - 10-26-2013 at 07:42 AM

Has anyone noticed that Thanksgiving is late this year? AJ will be 12 on Nov 23rd and his birthday is usually right around (if not on Thanksgiving), With that in mind I requested my vacation days for the week following for our camping trip to Asuncion. Last night I actually looked at a calendar :mad: Now I have to get my boss to let me switch some days, may be next to impossible in this corporate world I have to live in. My wife has to work with her retail job and there is no way I could have the boys with me and not be home on Thanksgiving. AAAARRRRGGGHHH :fire:

gnukid - 10-26-2013 at 07:57 AM

Maybe you should just go anyway take bring your son out of school then you can be in baja miss the holiday crowds and still come home for thanksgiving with your wife-perfect.

acadist - 10-26-2013 at 08:20 AM

We'll make it down there, somehow. Just now the holiday is smack dab in the middle of my time off and it will cut the amount of days I can spend drinking Tecates and pretending I am a fisherman. Being in CO I have to mix 4 days driving in there too.

durrelllrobert - 10-26-2013 at 08:36 AM

Thanksgiving day has always been the 4th Thursday of November in the US. On the other hand Thanksgiving day in Canada has always been the 2nd Monday of October so maybe from now on you should just split the difference and celebrate both at the same time. Just make the first Wed. of November the official Baja Thanksgiving day and fish away.

acadist - 10-27-2013 at 07:27 AM

Ok, the corporate boss has approved a scheduling change so know I am off from 11/20. Now to get the real 'boss' to sign off on the plan. Campo Sirena here we come :biggrin:

55steve - 10-27-2013 at 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
Thanksgiving day has always been the 4th Thursday of November in the US. On the other hand Thanksgiving day in Canada has always been the 2nd Monday of October so maybe from now on you should just split the difference and celebrate both at the same time. Just make the first Wed. of November the official Baja Thanksgiving day and fish away.

Yep, we just had Canadian t-day (wife is Canuck) and American t-day is on it's way - life is good!

My b-day is Nov 22nd - last year Americans celebrated my b-day on t-day!

shari - 10-27-2013 at 08:28 AM

wooo hooo....are the kids coming then? Shrimp tacos?

acadist - 10-27-2013 at 10:07 AM

Sean is ready! AJ better get his sh*t together with his schoolwork but he should be along. Shrimp tacos, and maybe a bird????