BajaNomad

Ignacio Lagoon-Fishing

thefishaholic - 10-30-2013 at 07:46 AM

Got a couple buddies that want to do a few day trip some where from Cabo north soon.

One was told that the fishing at San Ignacio lagoon for snappers, grouper etc was off the charts?

Anyone help with input?

I voted for Asunsion with Shari and Juan or Lopez Mateos?

thefishaholic - 10-31-2013 at 08:11 AM

The real question is, how's the fishing at San Ignacio Lagoon?

Bajame - 10-31-2013 at 08:20 AM

Get in touch with Gary or Teri at the B&B ,they would know. They have a catch and release policy there.

Mula - 10-31-2013 at 09:05 AM

Fishing is good at Lopez, too.

Come on down and try it out.

dtbushpilot - 10-31-2013 at 09:16 AM

What Bajame said. Every time we stay at Ignacio Springs Gary and I talk about fishing there but have yet to go together so I can't give you first hand intel but he has fished there and says its good.

thefishaholic - 10-31-2013 at 10:40 AM

Thanks for the input.

We all know that Shari and Lopez are good fishing places/people as you always hear and see reports.

It's just that I cannot find any reports about Ignacio Lagoon?

The other problem could be we are not catch and release with eatin fish.:tumble:

dtbushpilot - 10-31-2013 at 02:23 PM

Gary wouldn't be catchin and releasin eatin fish either, don't know where the catch and release came from, does someone know of a law that would require it in the lagoon?

[Edited on 10-31-2013 by dtbushpilot]

rts551 - 10-31-2013 at 03:54 PM

They would not let me launch my boat there (it was whale season though)

mulegemichael - 10-31-2013 at 10:41 PM

i wanna know, too!!!...and dt....our grand opening is tomorrow night!...i SO wish you were here!....we'll be down right after turkey day!

Michael

thefishaholic - 11-1-2013 at 08:44 AM

We were in Sekiu for couple months this summer and stayed a nite in Sequim.

Met some great people and they even gave us a huge Dungy for dinner.

mulegemichael - 11-1-2013 at 08:57 AM

gary and terri ask that folks staying at their b and b, when fishing at the lagoon right there in san ignacio practice c and r on the tilapia and carp that inhabit that little lake....NOT in the big lagoon where the whales are...

tyguypb - 11-14-2013 at 10:17 AM

yea i fished San Ignacio last March when i went down with a big group of friends. We went down to view the whales but i brought a few rods for fishing the surf/inshore fishing so i asked if they would take us out and they said yes.

We pulled up on this rocky reef before you get into the whale zone and it was game on, I went through every single soft plastic swim bait i brought down. It was seriously every cast you got bit. some nice grouper, a ton 2-4 pound spotted bay bass. i wish i had more tackle/time!