BajaNomad

Are you a real person who has been to Baja?

Pages:  1  

EnsenadaDr - 10-30-2013 at 09:28 AM

Are you a real person who has been or who is living in Baja, or are you someone who is trying to hide your identity?

bajagrouper - 10-30-2013 at 09:36 AM

My first trip to Ensenada was 1948 second was 1963, how bout you Johnny......

EnsenadaDr - 10-30-2013 at 09:38 AM

who's Johnny?

bajagrouper - 10-30-2013 at 09:39 AM

You, johnny come lately.....

EnsenadaDr - 10-30-2013 at 09:42 AM

OK whatever!! If you don't like the thread you don't have to read it. I feel it is a valid thread.

my first

captkw - 10-30-2013 at 09:42 AM

1968 6 months 4 kids with mom and dad, in a vvw bug with camp gear (no wonder I cant stand vw's) all the way past mexico city....... drove down to cabo 1977 by myself and am not a gringo by any means...that one sorta says it all!! btw DOC...that's a strange way to start a post:?:

EnsenadaDr - 10-30-2013 at 09:45 AM

I have gotten harsh criticism by bringing up the troll thread in any other threads that were started that's why!!

willardguy - 10-30-2013 at 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajagrouper
so what does a one year old do in ensenada in 1948?:?:

monoloco - 10-30-2013 at 09:45 AM

Other than fishing for drama, why would you care?

Gen John Pershing, Villa and Obregon were.

greengoes - 10-30-2013 at 09:46 AM

Picture taken outside of Anthonys after hostilities ceased.

Katiejay99 - 10-30-2013 at 09:47 AM

monoloco - where's the LIKE button? Lol

Taco de Baja - 10-30-2013 at 09:49 AM

My first trip to Baja was when my mom went on a camping trip while pregnant with me. :yes:

Been going almost yearly since.

bajagrouper - 10-30-2013 at 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
Quote:
Originally posted by bajagrouper
so what does a one year old do in ensenada in 1948?:?:

Not much,just eat,crap and sleep, I was told by my parents recently they took me to Baja in 1948......I also drove to Loreto in `71 an Cabo in `72

Ensenada Dr, it was meant as a joke,chill.......

[Edited on 10-30-2013 by bajagrouper]

wessongroup - 10-30-2013 at 10:04 AM

"Not much,just eat,crap and sleep" .. Some things never change :biggrin::biggrin:

rts551 - 10-30-2013 at 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
I have gotten harsh criticism by bringing up the troll thread in any other threads that were started that's why!!

Catch an trolls yet?

sancho - 10-30-2013 at 10:27 AM

'69, I believe, when we went, at that time was an International Surf trip, to San Miguel, Ensenada and
a spot next door, 3 M's. But to me, the person who
first drives SOB has a rightful spot, just maybe
not the stories

Chupacabra - 10-30-2013 at 10:43 AM

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=39904

EnsenadaDr - 10-30-2013 at 11:44 AM

seems like the ones that are real will tell you who they are and what they do. BTW, do you live in La Jolla full tiime?

rts551 - 10-30-2013 at 11:46 AM

Why would anyone have to be accountable to you? Just wondering.

55steve - 10-30-2013 at 11:54 AM

My first Baja memory was my parents taking me somewhere past Ensenada and up a dirt road to some hot springs and a stream. This was probably around 1960 or so. I remember it being an awesome time! I vaguely have a deja vu feeling when I get around what I believe is the turnoff to the place.

DavidE - 10-30-2013 at 11:58 AM

Nope. Count me in as a troll. I tried once to escape Milpitas, but the taxi driver took me back to the home.

willardguy - 10-30-2013 at 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 55steve
My first Baja memory was my parents taking me somewhere past Ensenada and up a dirt road to some hot springs and a stream. This was probably around 1960 or so. I remember it being an awesome time! I vaguely have a deja vu feeling when I get around what I believe is the turnoff to the place.
rancho agua caliente? always wondered what was down there, gated and guarded at the top these days.

DanO - 10-30-2013 at 12:16 PM

A post trolling for trolls. How ironic. If you really want to ID trolls, try this handy guide.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=&imgrefurl=http%3A%2...

[Edited on 10-30-2013 by DanO]

55steve - 10-30-2013 at 12:19 PM

Quote:
Quote:
rancho agua caliente? always wondered what was down there, gated and guarded at the top these days.

I'm thinking that MAY be the place but I'm not sure. I think the turnoff is by that nice park on HWY 1 on the left as you're heading south past Maneadero.

[Edited on 10-30-2013 by 55steve]

motoged - 10-30-2013 at 12:48 PM

Doc,
Yes.

Yes.

Now, are you going to ask me to turn my head and cough? :biggrin:

[Edited on 10-30-2013 by motoged]

EnsenadaDr - 10-30-2013 at 12:49 PM

I never said they did!!
Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
Why would anyone have to be accountable to you? Just wondering.

EnsenadaDr - 10-30-2013 at 01:06 PM

Ha Ha good one!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by DanO
A post trolling for trolls. How ironic. If you really want to ID trolls, try this handy guide.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=&imgrefurl=http%3A%2...

[Edited on 10-30-2013 by DanO]

tripledigitken - 10-30-2013 at 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Katiejay99

+1

24baja - 10-30-2013 at 03:25 PM

Connie in 1987 , Brett & Connie in 2005 and several times a year since 2005. Retiring in BOLA in 883 days.....but who's counting!

Marinero - 10-30-2013 at 03:27 PM

In the mid 50's myself and several of my friend drove by pickup to Punta Banda to skin dive. We had a native Spanish speaking buddy with us which helped. Also had guns and beer etc. Hey, we were all about 16 or 17.
Lots of memories, but my favorite was the toll gate across some old dirt road we were where a rough looking guy in what might have at one time been an Army uniform wanted a few pesos to let us pass. Of course we paid. Sort of like the guys in "Blazing Saddles".
Oh, been back many, many times and built our Baja home in BCS in 2006.

Barry A. - 10-30-2013 at 03:34 PM

Since we lived only 11 miles from the TJ border, I started going down with my Mom in the early '50's, maybe even late '40's. First trip on my own was in 1954. I was hooked!!! Been going ever since until about 7 years ago when I quit going, as did all my Baja Buddies. We just became uncomfortable down there in the boonies, and concentrated on the USA from then on. Most of our trips were to remote beaches and inland destinations, seldom in the towns.

Barry

Bubba - 10-30-2013 at 03:38 PM

Quote:
Are you a real person who has been or who is living in Baja, or are you someone who is trying to hide your identity?

I'm not quite certain what you mean by trying to hide an identity but I'm real and have been going to Baja since 1990 approx. 3-4 times a year.

bledito - 10-30-2013 at 04:36 PM

one time i became stupor man but i think that was too much tequila.

watizname - 10-30-2013 at 04:48 PM

"stupor man":lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Udo - 10-30-2013 at 04:53 PM

We need a "LIKE" button for a Nomad post.

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
Quote:
Originally posted by Katiejay99

+1

larryC - 10-30-2013 at 05:33 PM

Quote:

You have been on this board a little over 2 years and have well over 3000 posts, I would think that anyone with that much to say would be used to an occasional negative post in return.
Larry

EnsenadaDr - 10-30-2013 at 06:31 PM

You should meet me in person if you think I talk a lot on the board!!
Quote:
Originally posted by larryC
Quote:

You have been on this board a little over 2 years and have well over 3000 posts, I would think that anyone with that much to say would be used to an occasional negative post in return.
Larry

[Edited on 10-31-2013 by EnsenadaDr]

Au Contraire !

MrBillM - 10-30-2013 at 07:19 PM

IF one thinks that another talks too much BEFORE meeting, it would seem Elementary that the LAST thing indicated would be an in-person encounter.

Especially if forewarned.

Unless you're a Babble-Addict, I guess.

EnsenadaDr - 10-30-2013 at 07:22 PM

Or a sadist!!
Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM
IF one thinks that another talks too much BEFORE meeting, it would seem Elementary that the LAST thing indicated would be an in-person encounter.

Especially if forewarned.

Unless you're a Babble-Addict, I guess.

Sadist ?

MrBillM - 10-30-2013 at 07:30 PM

Masochist would seem the more likely term.

But, then I'm not a Doc.

I have, Played a Gynecologist on occasion, though.

Cool thread !!

captkw - 10-30-2013 at 07:32 PM

it's nice to hear from so many old timers!!! we are a rare breed !! funny,, how many times I have been asked "arn't you scared down their ?" and I look um in the eye and say "Ya, I have to get thru LA and so cal to get there.......:lol:

TLBaja79 - 10-30-2013 at 07:35 PM

My first memory was in a Toyota minivan and stopping south of El Rosario to make sandwiches on the side of the road for lunch! circa 1991

How things have changed, I wouldn't go south of the border now without good tires, good battery, 4x4, a good set of tools, etc... but that's just me!

EnsenadaDr - 10-30-2013 at 07:38 PM

Yes someone mentioned over at another site that "playing games" diminishes credibility of a professional. Oh really? When Dennis starts with a wise crack does anyone feel he is less intelligent? When a pediatrician plays with his patients does someone say, "Look, isn't that Doctor acting childish?" Humor is relevant in many situations, and when serious talk doesn't work, a good joke may open the way to effective communication. We all go around only once, so a little levity won't hurt anyone. As someone once said, "Humor is the best medicine." (wasn't that Reader's Digest?) I guess I am dating myself. Is that magazine still around BTW?

EnsenadaDr - 10-30-2013 at 07:47 PM

Someone trying to hide an identity posts a picture of General Pershing from 1916, hmm...on second thought maybe they took that picture...could be the oldest Nomad on the board!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Bubba
Quote:

I'm not quite certain what you mean by trying to hide an identity but I'm real and have been going to Baja since 1990 approx. 3-4 times a year.

churro - 10-30-2013 at 07:49 PM

I have only been a Nomad for a short time because i didnt know the web site existed. My first memory of Baja was when i was about 5 (1969), camping in San Felipe with my Dad. I remember the stop light on the main dirt road intersection had a stop light on wheels that was plugged into the liquor store with an extension cord. At night they would wheel the stop light back in front of the store out of the street.... I have been across the border more times than I can count and have been in most states in Mexico. I go down a minimum of 1 time per year but usually more.

ENSA. DR

captkw - 10-30-2013 at 07:53 PM

Hola,, I like your spunk !! MAY I ASK YOUR AGE WHERE DID YOU SPEND YOUR YOUTH ??? caps on again ???@!#$%^&*( Oh ,well....K&T:cool: PS.....TLbaja79....on that toy..what's it like to access the motor on that unit??? LOL

[Edited on 10-31-2013 by captkw]

[Edited on 10-31-2013 by captkw]

rts551 - 10-30-2013 at 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
it's nice to hear from so many old timers!!! we are a rare breed !! funny,, how many times I have been asked "arn't you scared down their ?" and I look um in the eye and say "Ya, I have to get thru LA and so cal to get there.......:lol:

Guess being an "old timer" is relative.

!!!!Unreal!!!

EdZeranski - 10-30-2013 at 08:04 PM

Quote:
Are you areal person who has been or who is living in Baja, or are you someone who is trying to hide your identity?

:lol::lol::lol:
Unreal! Just got back to OB after a month in Baja. Started back in the early/mid '60s when I had one hair color. Now I have three...grey, white and gone.

EdZ...will be going back soon.

EnsenadaDr - 10-30-2013 at 08:05 PM

Ha Ha a real woman is timeless, and never tells her age and anyone that knows it better not tell it either..my youth was spent in the Northeast US and Florida for winter vacations.

TLBaja79 - 10-30-2013 at 08:35 PM

Growing up in the Toy Minivan was great now! It was terrible then. But I learned a whole lot of Baja innovative tricks. Never would have know to just put a screw in a tire to fix a flat! Or the hundreds of ways to get out of the sand! or..... So it was an adventure... would I ever do Baja in a Toy minivan again?NO! But it was a good time nonetheless!

vgabndo - 10-30-2013 at 08:41 PM

Well Doc. You certainly did spring into the sand box with your lips flapping. I have appreciated some of your medical insights. I won't do 'off-topic' but that environment doesn't seem to put you off and your voice is there too. It just seems like you really need to be HEARD. Now you seem to be suggesting that 'fake' people are trying to make suggestions to you. Hmmmmm. Seems familiar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4EDhdAHrOg

motoged - 10-30-2013 at 09:50 PM

Quote:
..... If we could have Doug post a bottle of tequila for like, and maybe Ateo since he brought up the idea of having a like and dislike symbol on a post similar to Facebook, figure out a dislike symbol, well, it might add to the excitement.

Doc,
I really don't like the FaceBookization of our kulture....and would not like to see this board reduced to monosyllabic thinking. Why not have folks attempt a complete sentence with proper spelling?

My $0.02

As for laughter being the best medicine (yes, Reader's Digest)....that reminds me of a comment my late father (a doctor and a great story teller who used that skill in his practice)) once shared: He said that when prepping a guy for a digital prostate exam, he would tell a joke....and the result was a laugh from the patient....apparently facilitating the relaxation of a certain sphincter muscle that allowed for an easier "entrance" to the examination.

:light: :biggrin:

[Edited on 10-31-2013 by BajaNomad]

bufeo - 10-31-2013 at 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged....that reminds me of a comment my late father (a doctor and a great story teller who used that skill in his practice)) once shared: He said that when prepping a guy for a digital prostate exam, he would tell a joke....and the result was a laugh from the patient....apparently facilitating the relaxation of a certain sphincter muscle that allowed for an easier "entrance" to the examination...

Yeah, but all the patient wanted was a Bud Light©. :biggrin:

Allen R.

[Edited on 10-31-2013 by bufeo]

Looking Back in Baja

MrBillM - 10-31-2013 at 08:38 AM

Thinking back to the first trip to Baja, I've always referenced a photo from 1950 with my Sis and I sitting on a TJ "Zebra" as the first confirmed date, BUT that was before I saw this thread and saw the Fetus as a passenger angle.

Given that the Old Man was devoted to the Horse Races at Agua Caliente and the Jai Alai games, I thought .............................?

But, that wouldn't work since he was (at the time) cruising the Pacific looking to Nip some of Hirohito's munchkins.

EnsenadaDr - 10-31-2013 at 10:04 AM

Yes what ever happened to the popularity of Jai-Alai? I remember in the early 80's it was a big thing and I enjoyed watching it myself. my dad was a slave to Horse Racing, ha ha. Especially in the later years, at Caliente in TJ.

DanO - 10-31-2013 at 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
Quote:
..... If we could have Doug post a bottle of tequila for like, and maybe Ateo since he brought up the idea of having a like and dislike symbol on a post similar to Facebook, figure out a dislike symbol, well, it might add to the excitement.

Doc,
I really don't like the FaceBookization of our kulture....and would not like to see this board reduced to monosyllabic thinking. Why not have folks attempt a complete sentence with proper spelling?

My $0.02

^^^^^^^^THAT X 1000^^^^^^^^ (except I'm willing to give spelling a pass -- it's the thought that counts.) As for being to Baja, I've posted previously here and at Amigos (RIP) about my first trip down (1969 in my Dad's cabover camper, to Bahia Coyote) and building a place at La Bocana de Santo Tomas, etc. But hey, I'm not a "real person" -- just an avatar.

BTW Doc, catch any trolls yet? You're using the wrong bait.

[Edited on 10-31-2013 by DanO]

rts551 - 10-31-2013 at 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM
Thinking back to the first trip to Baja, I've always referenced a photo from 1950 with my Sis and I sitting on a TJ "Zebra" as the first confirmed date, BUT that was before I saw this thread and saw the Fetus as a passenger angle.

Given that the Old Man was devoted to the Horse Races at Agua Caliente and the Jai Alai games, I thought .............................?

But, that wouldn't work since he was (at the time) cruising the Pacific looking to Nip some of Hirohito's munchkins.

One of my first trips was a family trip in the mid 50's to the old Bull ring in TJ. and then to downtown afterwards to mix with the bullfighters (yes, kids were allowed in the bars at that time).

DENNIS - 10-31-2013 at 10:27 AM

Quote:
(yes, kids were allowed in the bars at that time).

Foreign Club in the 50's......Tossin' a few back with a real Matador. Hemmingway would have loved it. I Know I did.

Chupacabra - 10-31-2013 at 10:29 AM

I would never post my real name, photograph, and personal information to a group of strangers on the Internet.

sancho - 10-31-2013 at 10:32 AM

Quote:
When Dennis starts with a wise crack does anyone feel he is less intelligent?

D, wise cracking? Never heard of such a thing. Some on
this board havea bit more LATITUDE than others, which
is OK by me

absinvestor - 10-31-2013 at 10:38 AM

Other than a few trips to Tijuana as a teen first real trip was to Mazatlan in 1975. My parents begged me not to take our two children (7 and 4) because they were certain the banditos would kidnap and behead all of us. Great trip- the kids loved our little motel on the beach. Only problem was we ran out of gas in the middle of nowhere. We had lots of help from the locals with one lady walking over to our disabled car and inviting my wife and the kids into her little shack for lunch and to get out of the hot summer sun. The "Green Angels" showed up in about an hour and gave us enough gas to get to the nearest gas station. In 1995 we retired in Punta Banda Mexico. Returned to the states in 1997 before retiring again to Playa El Burro (near Mulege) in 2010.

motoged - 10-31-2013 at 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chupacabra
I would never post my real name, photograph, and personal information to a group of strangers on the Internet.

Most Nomads aren't THAT strange :biggrin:

I have made myself visible on BN in a number of ways....no death threats or bombs in my mail yet.....

I stand by what I put out.....no reason to hide or be fearful....unless I am WAY out of line

DENNIS - 10-31-2013 at 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sancho
Quote:

is OK by me

Yeah.......I'm freakin' shocked at the suggestion.

BTW... speaking of cracks....didja hear about the gender-confused guy who went to a sex change specialist and said, "Make it snappy, doc."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.....Jeeezo...I'm just one funny sumbich today........:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 10-31-2013 by DENNIS]

rts551 - 10-31-2013 at 10:53 AM

Quote:
Quote:

I have made myself visible on BN in a number of ways....no death threats or bombs in my mail yet.....

I stand by what I put out.....no reason to hide or be fearful....unless I am WAY out of line

SOme people are more private than others....and then there are some that put their whole lives out there for scrutiny.:rolleyes:

chuckie - 10-31-2013 at 10:55 AM

No

wessongroup - 10-31-2013 at 11:00 AM

:lol::lol: thanks for the wake up Dennis ...

EnsenadaDr - 10-31-2013 at 11:01 AM

Yeah you are and it's not even happy hour!! Good goin' Dennis!!
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by sancho
Quote:

is OK by me

Yeah.......I'm freakin' shocked at the suggestion.

BTW... speaking of cracks....didja hear about the gender-confused guy who went to a sex change specialist and said, "Make it snappy, doc."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.....Jeeezo...I'm just one funny sumbich today........:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 10-31-2013 by DENNIS]

DENNIS...LOL>>>LOL

captkw - 10-31-2013 at 11:05 AM

:lol: You get a star for being consistant !!:lol::lol:

Barry A. - 10-31-2013 at 11:11 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

SOme people are more private than others....and then there are some that put their whole lives out there for scrutiny.:rolleyes:

???? I have never been "private" in my entire life-------and NOTHING bad has ever happened to me because of it. I purposely don't do things that I might want to hide-------(with a very few exceptions)-------and I use that fact as a criteria for almost everything I do-----keeps me on the straight and narrow. :lol:

Barry

Chupacabra - 10-31-2013 at 11:40 AM

Quote:
Quote:

I would be careful. Posting your identity and other personal information the Internet, while also posting about Baja travel plans makes you a potential target for burglary and other chicanery.

It happens all the time, for example:

http://www.nbcnews.com/travel/burglar-targets-traveling-face...

http://wineforspicewarrenedwardes.blogspot.com/2011/04/dont-...

Identity theft, account hijacking, etc. are all commonplace on the Internet, and posting personal information makes you a target. Not that your average BajaNomad denizen is a thief, but thieves are known to target exactly these kinds of forums. They will be lurkers, not posters you interact with. There are also web spiders that crawl through pages automatically gathering information.

BajaNomad is a public forum at this time; a legitimate fellow traveler or a Russian identity thief can access it with equal ease. Keep that in mind.

dtbushpilot - 10-31-2013 at 04:59 PM

Never actually been to The Baja but hope to go some time soon. Could anyone reccomend a good restaurant in TJ?

[Edited on 11-1-2013 by dtbushpilot]

Timo1 - 10-31-2013 at 05:10 PM

What's a Baja ????

Sweetwater - 10-31-2013 at 08:50 PM

Quote:
Quote:

I am an unreal person who is still trying to figure out what all the Baja is about....which of my five senses can I expect to react to this Baja stuff....No way I'm going to become a real person who has been there...:(

mtgoat666 - 10-31-2013 at 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Timo1
What's a Baja ????

It's just a jab in reverse

woody with a view - 10-31-2013 at 09:09 PM

i've been to baja, but i'm UNREAL!!!!

tripledigitken - 10-31-2013 at 09:23 PM

"Real Person"= as defined by OP, someone she's met.

Unreal and visiting Baja since I was 8 years young.

DianaT - 10-31-2013 at 09:57 PM

Real Person??? Visit Baja???

Well, no --- I am a troll from Pluto, the disgraced planet. who hated seeing the bull fights in Tijuana as a young child. It is probably why I imagined us involved with a real life sociopath in Baja. Ah yes, it was all a fantasy.

Then again, trolling can come from many sources, even from those who consider themselves to be the real Nomads, whatever that means.

Gees, this is a forum with over 4000 members. It is not a sacred cult, but then again..............

mulegemichael - 10-31-2013 at 10:20 PM

ok....so i got into this conversation too late, but i did hear dennis's, dennis'es, dennisseves reply, comment to the "snappy" deal....very, very funny.....so.....WHY CANT OLD MEN GET JOBS?....

Human resources person, during interview, "So, what do you think is your greatest weakness?"....

Old man," Honesty."

Human resources person, "I don't really think honesty is a weakness!".

Old man," I don't really give a chit WHAT you think."

Bajatripper - 11-1-2013 at 03:21 PM

While I have no horse in this race, I have to ask; this is a "valid thread" to you? I see nothing but a needling effort aimed at greengoes. To say nothing of it being under the "General Discussion" area and not the "Question" area.

You often have some great posts loaded with useful information to contribute here, but this isn't one of them. This really belongs in the "off topic," if anywhere. You are surely taking years off your life with these "tit-for-tat" exchanges you seem to relish so much. But I'm sure that, if anything, I'll get a "if you don't like it,..." response. A pity, you are such a smart woman who uses her time so unwisely. No introspective there.

David K - 11-1-2013 at 03:29 PM

Quote:
Quote:

I am going to guess he is talking about SAN CARLOS HOT SPRINGS... which is off Hwy. 1 at the Ensenada Country Club, a few miles south towards Maneadero.

In 1962, Howard Gulick showed many hot springs around Ensenada:

1975:

Not listed, but on that dirt road east from the country club:

[Edited on 11-2-2013 by David K]

Gawd I love this board!

neilm81301 - 11-1-2013 at 04:55 PM

When I saw the listing, I almost didn't click - but E.Dr. is usually a good read, and there were FOUR pages of replies.. so I bit. I didn't think much of it at first, then saw the 'flame warriors' item... I chased down the link, and almost died at my desk from a split gut!

When I got my breath back & eyes clear, I knew I couldn't handle much more, so jumped to the end page... and there's Dennis' crack about the confused fellow... oh no, not again!

I don't know what I missed on pg 2 & 3 - maybe tomorrow when I'm stronger - but y'all made my Friday!

Just to stay on topic, I've been coming down since spending Easter '68 in San Felipe - just not often enough or long enough to get good at it.

see y'all later

Neil

cabonotcho - 11-1-2013 at 05:12 PM

Wow was hoping for a normal chat place about baja bout sadly I see they are all about being mean and one upping each other-vry sad take care.

Welcome cabonocho

captkw - 11-1-2013 at 05:35 PM

Hola,,, welcome to the sandbox as shari says..wheres your home north and a bit about yourself ???K&T:cool:

wessongroup - 11-1-2013 at 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mulegemichael
ok....so i got into this conversation too late, but i did hear dennis's, dennis'es, dennisseves reply, comment to the "snappy" deal....very, very funny.....so.....WHY CANT OLD MEN GET JOBS?....

Human resources person, during interview, "So, what do you think is your greatest weakness?"....

Old man," Honesty."

Human resources person, "I don't really think honesty is a weakness!".

Old man," I don't really give a chit WHAT you think."

:lol::lol::lol:

MMc - 11-1-2013 at 06:49 PM

This board is just my dream while I sleep at remote point. I keep wondering why I am still reading it an yet unable to stop. So none of you are real. Thank god, I'm dreaming.

First trip was in 1960 with my parents. Make it down for about 45 to 60 days per year. Owned place or two also. I kinda like it in Baja

[Edited on 11-2-2013 by MMc]

DENNIS - 11-1-2013 at 07:46 PM

It ain't for everybody unlike the door outa here. Ah dee osss.

DENNIS - 11-1-2013 at 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
In the name of full disclosure of public information, well, I have been and people know me as Sir Real......:saint:

Just call me Lou Deecriss. :biggrin:

[Edited on 11-2-2013 by DENNIS]

cabonotcho, Why Take the Time

Gypsy Jan - 11-1-2013 at 08:09 PM

And make the effort to register just to post something negative?

Besides being a great source of information and a place to share dreams and experiences of a specific place, the Baja Nomad forums also become a goofy sandbox sometimes because Nomads themselves are a quirky, irreverent bunch and don't take life "just as is".

Now, back to the regularly scheduled programing - according to my dogs, I am a real and valuable person, especially at mealtimes because I can operate the mystical magical can opener.

I have lived in Baja since '99 and am (sorry, Marla) a Mexican citizen.

My first time visit to Baja was with my mom; we went on a day trip to Tijuana.

The sights and sounds of this utterly exotic and place so different from white bread suburban California alternately amazed. exhilarated and terrified me. It was a day that I never will forget.

My souvenir of that trip was a leather bullwhip that my Mom bought for me. Not sure what that says about me or her, but I was in my "Zorro" phase at the time and was delighted.

cabonotcho - 11-2-2013 at 08:36 AM

Perhaps i misjudged guess time will tell-thx 4 the welcome CAPTKW, as far as your question life has been kind enough to grant me the ability to have both a home in both north and south but i like the south a lil better-thx 4 asking.

Hola Cobonotcho

captkw - 11-2-2013 at 09:11 AM

Baja nomads is mostly older Baja folks,, that all have their own opinion and styles...mostly harmless and some good info can be found here...once in a while a jerk come on and they get banned quik !! my northern home is santa cruz ca.

[Edited on 11-2-2013 by captkw]

pauldavidmena - 11-2-2013 at 09:16 AM

Rather than thinking that EnsenadaDr was trolling for trolls or trying to start a flame war, I took the question at face value - one of curiosity more than anything else. My wife and I are admittedly Johnny-come-latelys, having made our first visit to Baja only a few years ago. We're Nomad wannabees still living in the U.S. but looking forward to retiring in a few years. I think this forum provides valuable insight into the lives of those who've taken the same plunge we're looking forward to taking one day.

pauldavidmena

captkw - 11-2-2013 at 09:19 AM

Hola,,great dog photo...never to late for a Baja sunset/sunrise... IMO

DavidE - 11-2-2013 at 09:24 AM

Yeah for a REAL troll, ya know one with 40 pound line and a Pink Lady. try this one for size...

HOW MANY DAYS (or hours) DO YOU SPEND SOUTH OF THE BORDER EACH YEAR? Hell for that matter, how long have you EVER gone at a time south of the border in a year's time?

This otter sift through it and make for some platica enchiloso...

Cats need love too!

David K - 11-2-2013 at 09:31 AM

JoeJustJoe - 11-2-2013 at 09:49 AM

My first trip to Mexico was to Tijuana when I was about five years old. My father was really into horse racing, and I guess when the Santa Anita Race track in Southern California wasn't open, he would sometimes go to Tijuana's " Agua Caliente Racetrack,"and take the whole family along, but I can't remember much about those trips.

Later when I got married to a second generation Mexican-American who had family all over Mexico, and got me in touch with my long lost Mexican roots( I'm third and fourth generation Mexican-American with no family in Mexico) My wife's mother who had diabetes had a favorite Podiatrist in Tijuana, and so every so often we would take the mother, and I would drive them. But I didn't enjoy my visit to Tijuana back then, because they would not even take me to a nice lunch, instead of mother-in-law used to enjoy this hole in the wall restaurant, and all I could remember was being served by this very obese Mexican lady who sweated profusely and used to plob the food down hard on the table. I can't recall if the food was any good, because I suspected the lady's sweat dripped into the food, but I do really remember feeling nauseous. And now that I think of it, I think my mother-in-law took up there on purpose and always insisted on eating there, and me taking her to other stores, that just drove me crazy.

It wasn't till years later I enjoyed Tijuana and other parts on Mexico when I was on my own, or decided myself where we were going in Mexico as a family.

I take privacy and security very very seriously, especially on "Baja Nomad" since this is a open forum, and unlike most other forums that have a closed forum that's open only to members.

[Edited on 11-2-2013 by JoeJustJoe]

pauldavidmena - 11-2-2013 at 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
Hola,,great dog photo...never to late for a Baja sunset/sunrise... IMO

Thanks captkw! That's our Australian Cattle Dog / American Eskimo Dog mix Tito. He's looking forward to his first trip to Baja. :cool:

motoged - 11-2-2013 at 11:50 AM

So nice to see a Smilin Doggie :biggrin:

Skeet/Loreto - 11-2-2013 at 02:51 PM

I am not sure if I am real after reading all the Posts.

I lived in Loreto for 38 years full and Part time.

At one time Great People and Beautiful Sea of Cortez.

When the Ugly Americans/Canadians arrived it Ruined it for me.

Real???

redmesa - 11-2-2013 at 03:50 PM

I've been everywhere, man.
I've been everywhere, man.
Crossed the desert's bare, man.
I've breathed the mountain air, man.
Of travel I've had my share, man.
I've been everywhere.

monoloco - 11-2-2013 at 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
I am not sure if I am real after reading all the Posts.

I lived in Loreto for 38 years full and Part time.

At one time Great People and Beautiful Sea of Cortez.

When the Ugly Americans/Canadians arrived it Ruined it for me.
Real???
Yep! Would' a been paradise if'n they'd a closed the border behind Skeeter.
 Pages:  1