BajaNomad

Baja 1000 race...any Nomads going down around Gonzaga/Cocos Corner?

steekers - 11-3-2013 at 10:40 PM

woody with a view - 11-4-2013 at 03:22 AM

i'll be jamming to LA Bay on the 15th.

BajaRun - 11-4-2013 at 08:30 AM

We have had a change of plans and will be camping between Gonzaga and Cocos on the 15th.

TMW - 11-4-2013 at 11:50 AM

It looks like I'll be at Cocos until our bike goes thru hopefully about 11am +/- then I'm out to hwy 1 to pick up the rider at KM270.

twgracing - 11-4-2013 at 10:53 PM

Will be in Gonzaga Wednesday-Sunday...Running to BoLa and back on Thursday. Watching race friday. Then going up the Turquoise mine trail out to Highway 1 and looping back through Cocos saturday.

steekers - 11-5-2013 at 08:39 AM

Great! I would like to meet up with you all that are in the Gonzaga to Cocos area. We plan to camp right across from the Pemex in Gonzaga to watch the race. We hope to have our solar powered trailer all set up there. I am planning to head to Cocos on my Honda XR 400 just prior to the race start, check in with some friends, then on the course to the big wash and return to our camp in Gonzaga. It would be nice to ride with some new nomad friends down there.

Look forward to making some new friends.

David K - 11-5-2013 at 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by steekers
Great! I would like to meet up with you all that are in the Gonzaga to Cocos area. We plan to camp right across from the Pemex in Gonzaga to watch the race. We hope to have our solar powered trailer all set up there. I am planning to head to Cocos on my Honda XR 400 just prior to the race start, check in with some friends, then on the course to the big wash and return to our camp in Gonzaga. It would be nice to ride with some new nomad friends down there.

Look forward to making some new friends.

Sounds like you would rather be in the race, like the good 'ol days, eh steekers?

steekers - 11-5-2013 at 06:35 PM

Yes David...I would rather be in the race. Are you able to come down?

BajaRat - 11-5-2013 at 06:44 PM

WE would love 2 and still have the days off... just depends on how tings play out on the ranchito. Have fun for us if we can,t pull it :cool:

David K - 11-14-2013 at 07:42 PM

Not coming down, but hope everyone who is there has a fantastic time!