BajaNomad

Last 50-60 miles got me

Santiago - 11-5-2013 at 07:07 PM

Last trip down went up the east side from Chalapa thru Gonzaga. After 210K miles on my 2007 Chevy something didn't seem right - two broken motor mounts. Lovely. Who do I forward the bill to?

Ateo - 11-5-2013 at 07:24 PM

How'd ya get going again?

chuckie - 11-5-2013 at 07:28 PM

Obama

woody with a view - 11-5-2013 at 07:30 PM

answer: chevy!

mulegemichael - 11-5-2013 at 07:31 PM

coco's corner!...he'd love that bill!!

Like she asked!!

captkw - 11-5-2013 at 07:44 PM

Softly !! or battery cable to tie it down the motor!!!!!!:spingrin:

Hook - 11-5-2013 at 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Santiago
Last trip down went up the east side from Chalapa thru Gonzaga. After 210K miles on my 2007 Chevy something didn't seem right - two broken motor mounts. Lovely. Who do I forward the bill to?

So, how fast were you going?

Either not fast enough or not slow enough, I guess.................

Just rubber !!

captkw - 11-5-2013 at 08:34 PM

two plates of steell and rubber for most..then you get the oil filled or air.....

Santiago - 11-6-2013 at 12:34 AM

I made it home OK and took it in for routine stuff and to check out why I was getting a little clunking when I put it in gear........I'm a Click 'n' Clack fan and that is one of their diagnosis at least once each show.
On the way into Coco's I met a convoy of three boats being towed and one jet ski - there is just no way I'd do that.

Neal Johns - 11-6-2013 at 05:23 AM

Send the bill to DK! :lol::lol::lol:

David K - 11-6-2013 at 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Neal Johns
Send the bill to DK! :lol::lol::lol:

You should fine him Neal, for not getting a TOYOTA like you insisted I do, back in 2000!!! :light::lol::bounce::cool:

Last 50-60 miles got you?

David K - 11-6-2013 at 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Santiago

The unpaved section (Chapala-Gonzaga) is 38 miles? Maybe it was one of the dips north of Puertecitos (51 miles to San Felipe from Puertecitos)?

Trade GM Chevy for Toyota Tundra!:light:;):yes:

Barry A. - 11-6-2013 at 09:46 AM

Like the Capt. says, motor mounts (unless aftermarket types) do break, but they are relatively easy to replace in the shop. I have had it happen once, on Baja's finest (?) dirt roads in a '69 stick-shift Ford pickup. I had to litterally chain the engine to the frame to make it out on the old Gonzaga road.

I think your experience was a mild one, from what you describe. Chock it up to experience, and part of the Baja mystique and adventure?!?!?!?!? :lol:

barry

micka417 - 11-6-2013 at 10:07 AM

Did you let air out? Next time go to 20=25lbs depending on your load

Mtor Mount Test

captkw - 11-6-2013 at 10:18 AM

Open the hood. set parking brake,, and STAND on the reg. brake with force..then while watching the motor thru the crack of said open hood ,put into Drive and start to give gas..If Bad motor mount you will see motor lift more than a inch..then put into Reverse and repeat..if motor moves more than a inch you have a soft and/or cracked motor mount...I have found many,,many MM that were bad and the owner didn't even knew something was wrong..front wheel drive will have more play, but same test does the trick also manual trans...just make sure you block wheels fore and aft.......K&T

aguachico - 11-6-2013 at 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
Open the hood. set parking brake,, and STAND on the reg. brake with force..then while watching the motor thru the crack of said open hood ,put into Drive and start to give gas..If Bad motor mount you will see motor lift more than a inch..then put into Reverse and repeat..if motor moves more than a inch you have a soft and/or cracked motor mount...I have found many,,many MM that were bad and the owner didn't even knew something was wrong..front wheel drive will have more play, but same test does the trick also manual trans...just make sure you block wheels fore and aft.......K&T

Thanks for the info.
213k on the f250, will check out the MM.