BajaNomad

Can my SENTRI app get denied?

stella23 - 11-8-2013 at 01:14 PM

Hi all,
I am new to this forum (it popped up on google ;) but here is my question:

I live in TJ w/ my undocumented husband. We are in the process of getting him legal but in the mean time, I work full time in San Diego. I heard (we all know how that goes) that SENTRI applicants can get denied if their spouse does not have their papers.

I just want SENTRI to avoid the horrendous morning commute that I face Monday-Friday. Any help or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

55steve - 11-8-2013 at 01:26 PM

I believe SENTRI is an individual thing as I got mine a few months ago and nowhere on the form did it ask about a spouse. My wife (Canadian citizen) was just approved this week and again, there was no mention of me anywhere in her paperwork.

EnsenadaDr - 11-8-2013 at 02:20 PM

Did you include an undocumented spouse in the application? I know a lady whose application was denied because her husband was undocumented. I also know that the Sentri officials can give you a very hard time and will many times tell you to come back. I dug my heels in the last time and asked to see a manager. The 6 hour wait to get approved was well worth it.

stella23 - 11-8-2013 at 02:45 PM

No I did not include my spouse on the application as there was nothing asked about it. I assume that they will notice my "need" for SENTRI as I reside in TJ and work in SD. I also am expecting a good questioning at the interview if I get that far.