BajaNomad

Baja Chicken

BigOly - 11-8-2013 at 06:39 PM

I sure like Baja Chicken. Had some this eve. Out to the barbecue I go with a whole chicken, feet, heart, liver, gizzard included for free! While I'm cookin', I love to snack on the crispy toenails and feet of the bird. Those parts always cook-up on the barbie first, yum. The heart is okay as well as the gizzards, but, today, I get NO LIVER!!! Some how I get two gizzards, two necks, ( never saw a chicken that looked like that) and two left feet. Two left feet? So how's the bird supposed to walk? Anyway, half the fun of being here is buying those yellow, feet included, Baja Chickens.

[Edited on 11-9-2013 by BigOly]

motoged - 11-8-2013 at 07:01 PM

Snacking on a chicken's toenails????

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/crunchy-oven-baked-chicken-toes-recipe/index.html

well....okay ?!?!

I always avoided the chicken feet served at Dim Sum....

bledito - 11-8-2013 at 07:22 PM

must be all the GMO corn it was eating

bajacalifornian - 11-8-2013 at 07:42 PM

BigOly . . . I immediately clicked on your post expecting a typical extraordinary image as usual.

Great post amigo. Humorous!

Paulina - 11-8-2013 at 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajacalifornian
BigOly . . . I immediately clicked on your post expecting a typical extraordinary image as usual.

Great post amigo. Humorous!

Me too. I was hoping for a photo right off the bat. Then, after reading your post I was really hoping for a photo of the double necked, two left footed chicken, but that will just have to be left to my imagination!

P>*)))>{

DENNIS - 11-8-2013 at 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paulina
right off the bat.
P>*)))>{

How do you cook a bat? Aren't they flying rabbits or something like that? freeekin YUMMY :lol:

capitolkat - 11-8-2013 at 08:26 PM

Like Bill Cosby says- I don't eat any part of an animal that has been used for walking in the barnyard.

Paulina - 11-8-2013 at 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by Paulina
right off the bat.
P>*)))>{

How do you cook a bat? Aren't they flying rabbits or something like that? freeekin YUMMY :lol:

You know Dennis, I don't know. However, Dern likes to watch Andrew Zimmern's Bizarre Foods show on the Travel Channel. Sometimes I peek over the edge of my book when something Andrew says catches my ear. I've heard enough to attempt cooking a bat if I had to. I would probably behead it, peel off the fur coat, roast it on a stick over an open fire. The wings would be a bit potato chippy, but all in all it would most likely taste close to BigOly's baja chicken.

P>*)))>{

[Edited on 9-11-2013 by Paulina]

BornFisher - 11-8-2013 at 09:36 PM

Yeah I expected a Roadrunner............... but if you want a chicken........... here ya go!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L08gEsR23Fo

Here's the Baja Chicken BigOly was talking about

durrelllrobert - 11-9-2013 at 10:49 AM

They are totally heartless

[Edited on 11-9-2013 by durrelllrobert]

msteve1014 - 11-9-2013 at 11:24 AM

I was reminded of an old tv add for a fast food chicken place. "3 breasts, I didn't know chickens had 3 breasts"

Turkey!

Gypsy Jan - 11-9-2013 at 12:35 PM

As in vulture.

The one and only time I truly horrified our kids (with the exception of some of my unfortunate wardrobe choices) is when they asked, in all innocence, if we were having turkey for Thanksgiving.

I replied, "Of course." and then I showed them a picture of a Turkey Vulture.