BajaNomad

HEY, FERNA.......ARE WE GETTIN' CLOSE TO #8???

DENNIS - 11-10-2013 at 11:48 AM

7th Annual Baja Nomad Dia de Reyes Toy Drive, January 19, 2013

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=64381#pid7805...

BajaBlanca - 11-10-2013 at 11:56 AM

If we are, I already sent some toys to San Diego for ya!

DENNIS - 11-10-2013 at 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
If we are, I already sent some toys to San Diego for ya!

I'll betcha he's playing with those. :lol:

BajaNomad - 11-10-2013 at 03:25 PM

I communicated with him on this in the past couple of weeks - and he indicated he's again working on details for 2014.

I've requested info be posted sooner rather later this year if possible. Like, before the last week of November.

fyi

Thx

DENNIS - 11-10-2013 at 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad

I've requested info be posted sooner rather later this year if possible. Like, before the last week of November.

fyi

Thx

You too....thanks, Doug. I'm in a little better shape this year than last, so I would like to get more involved. Looking forward to it.

It's never too early to start the ball rolling. I'm hanging my outside Christmas lights right now......competing with WalMart maybe, but things take a bit longer these days for me....but they do get done.

See you at the fiesta.

[Edited on 11-10-2013 by DENNIS]

BajaBlanca - 11-10-2013 at 04:42 PM

Some friends are holding onto the toys til there is a location to drop them off at!

woody with a view - 11-10-2013 at 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad

fyi

Thx

You too....thanks, Doug. I'm in a little better shape this year than last, so I would like to get more involved. Looking forward to it.

It's never too early to start the ball rolling. I'm hanging my outside Christmas lights right now......competing with WalMart maybe, but things take a bit longer these days for me....but they do get done.

See you at the fiesta.

[Edited on 11-10-2013 by DENNIS]

i figured you for one of them! not for nothing, but we keep ours up behind the fascia boards all year long! only have to flip the switch on the solar panel and the lights are glowing!!! you-cee!

We are in for the Dia de los Reyes!

fdt - 11-12-2013 at 05:33 PM

Sorry, I read the post yesterday on my phone but I haven't figured out how to reply thru it.
First of all, thank you all for the continued support of the toy drive thruout the years, you've made litteraly thousands of children very happy, muchas gracias.
The Dia de Reyes Toy Drive has grown considerably and last years event was something that was never even envisioned, it was huge.
There was a lot involved in handling so many people, a lot of volunteer work was needed and everything was just in a big scale.
A big thank you to all of you that sent gifts and donations. Thank you Secret Santa and everyone that helped before, during and even after the event.
The 8th Annual Baja Nomad Dia de Reyes Toy Drive will be on January 12, 2014 and at this point we're looking to see which groups of kids will be the recipients of gifts and we might go a bit smaller than last year, I'm not sure yet but it will be at least 500 children. I will soon start a thread on this.
As for the gifts, the same as every year is great, soccer, basket and volley balls, toy cars and trucks, dolls, bicycles, etc. Nothing to expensive please. It is both boys and girls, ages are from 4 to 15
Once again thank you all.
Save the date, January 12, a sunday and this time I sure hope many of you can join us a it is a wonderful experience.
Saludos y gracias,
Fernando Garcia

fdt - 11-12-2013 at 06:07 PM

Just talked to the nice people at Baja Bound Insurance in San Diego and yes, once again they are happy to be the drop off point for gifts this year.
Their information is
Toy Drive c/o Baja Bound Insurance Services, Inc.
750 11th Avenue #101
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone (619) 702-4292

fdt - 11-21-2013 at 10:36 PM

Ok, new thread is up, thank you. It will be on the 19th of January

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=70559

[Edited on 11-22-2013 by fdt]