BajaNomad

San Felipe...paradise

nbacc - 11-10-2013 at 07:17 PM

Just returned from almost a month in San Felipe. Just want everyone to know that paradise is alive and well!!!! nancy

woody with a view - 11-10-2013 at 07:26 PM

Wow! glad you can find it!!!!

DENNIS - 11-10-2013 at 07:32 PM

The "paradise" season is just beginning.

Alan - 11-10-2013 at 07:34 PM

I really need to make a run back there just to see all the changes. It has been almost 25 years since I was last there. I loved that place back in my sand rail and dirt bike days. It was changing so fast even back then I am sure I wouldn't recognize it today.

Alan - 11-10-2013 at 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
The "paradise" season is just beginning.
I must have missed something... did it leave? For me, Baja always offers paradise somewhere on the peninsula regardless of the time of year.

grace59 - 11-11-2013 at 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by nbacc
Just returned from almost a month in San Felipe. Just want everyone to know that paradise is alive and well!!!! nancy

Nancy,
Glad that you had time to spend in San Felipe and enjoy the quiet paradise of Baja. I was lucky enough to spend 8 weeks down there this summer. Hope we get the chance to meet up someday!

San Felipe

bajaguy - 11-11-2013 at 05:19 PM

Will be there in January......any other Nomads????

nbacc - 11-11-2013 at 05:31 PM

WE are going back again. Maybe in March. WE had to get back to work (augh). We usually go several times each year but this time was great weather and many of our friends were back for the winter. Tough to explain how beautiful it is to someone who has never been there. Pics just do NOT do it. nancy

grace59 - 11-11-2013 at 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Will be there in January......any other Nomads????

Will be there about Dec. 22-Jan 2nd then must head back north to work:no:

grace59 - 11-11-2013 at 05:44 PM

Quote:
WE are going back again. Maybe in March. WE had to get back to work (augh). We usually go several times each year but this time was great weather and many of our friends were back for the winter. Tough to explain how beautiful it is to someone who has never been there. Pics just do NOT do it. nancy

We will be there for a week in April. Maybe then...or in the summer!
You are correct....pics. can't do it justice as they don't capture the feeling that goes along with being there. As soon as I cross the border into Baja a great weight seems to be lifted off of my shoulders and I am peaceful and content.

mcfez - 11-14-2013 at 07:22 AM

San Felipe ............what a perfect place to nest at. So close to the States and Mexicali ......yet far away enough :-) Southward of San Felipe offers a unblemished coast. Bahia San Luis Gonzaga.......one can be there before lunch.

From a few days ago...

nbacc - 11-14-2013 at 07:53 AM

Deno...........we missed you. Maybe we can catch you the next time. Saw Lee. He looks very good and healthy!!!!

ccorbridge - 11-14-2013 at 08:03 AM

We're here for our first winter. And loving it! Yet to explore the beaches to the south. Lots of adventures ahead!

mcfez - 11-14-2013 at 08:29 AM

Lee is acting like he is retired or something :-) I know he still reads here.

The farm here is at it's turning point now...as far as construction and systems is concerned. I will become a Baja bum (again) soon :-)
http://thenatomasfarm.blogspot.com

ccorbridge ..............the wonders is southward.......I suggest you head out for Gonzaga Bay. Any car can get there now. There is Facebook pages that is directly connected to San Felipe......great way to find the secrets of living in SF. Bajanomads offer great stuff........so read here first!

Quote:
Deno...........we missed you. Maybe we can catch you the next time. Saw Lee. He looks very good and healthy!!!!

[Edited on 11-14-2013 by mcfez]