BajaNomad

Los Bariles

vacaenbaja - 11-22-2013 at 01:54 PM

I have not been to the East Cape during December in decades. How is the weather and what kind of fish can one expect to catch both from a boat and from shore.
I vaguely remember that Sierra and trigger fish could be
caught from shore.

DJL - 11-22-2013 at 03:11 PM

Hi there !

December means North wind , though not nearly as bad as some would have you believe . I ONLY fish from the beach with a flyrod , and it's almost always do-able .

We are currently at 43? species off the beach . December will have small Roosterfish , many different flavors of Jacks , Sierra , Ladyfish , Pargo , Cortez Halibut , and a bunch of other stuff (three different species of Tuna .... and we see Dorado come in close enough to cast at) . There's a lee from the Viento Norte at the South side of the Marina in La Ribera , and at Punta Arena/the Lighthouse .

Good luck !!

D.~

Uh oh!

Howard - 11-22-2013 at 04:31 PM

We better hope David K doesn't see your spelling of LOS BARRILES. Thank goodness I saw your post first! :biggrin:

Just kidding you and have fun at the East Cape.

David K - 11-22-2013 at 04:38 PM

I did... I figured it was a typo... If they spell it wrong, then they spell it with two Ls instead of the two Rs.

'Los Barilles' would sound like: Ba-REE-yeas as the two L's make a y sound as in La Jolla, tortilla, etc.

vacaenbaja - 11-22-2013 at 05:45 PM

That's exactly how I say it when I am drunk,
and since I spell phonetically.......

Bajahowodd - 11-22-2013 at 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Howard
We better hope David K doesn't see your spelling of LOS BARRILES. Thank goodness I saw your post first! :biggrin:

Just kidding you and have fun at the East Cape.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::P

DJL - 11-23-2013 at 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vacaenbaja
I have not been to the East Cape during December in decades.

Forgot to mention ....

If you haven't been there in decades , the fishing probably isn't as good now as you remember it . Just a Heads-up !

D.~