BajaNomad

Tecate Crossing 7:30am Today

KurtG - 11-23-2013 at 05:39 PM

Perhaps the fastest crossing in my 40 years of Baja travel. We turned onto the road along the border and 4 minutes later we were in the US. Two cars ahead of us and after a quick check of our passports we were across.

DENNIS - 11-23-2013 at 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by KurtG
Perhaps the fastest crossing in my 40 years of Baja travel. We turned onto the road along the border and 4 minutes later we were in the US. Two cars ahead of us and after a quick check of our passports we were across.

What time, Kurt?
The AM radio said Otay an SY were 45 min to an hour around 6:00AM. That was good time.

Beware the border the closer we get to Christmas...

EnsenadaDr - 11-23-2013 at 06:04 PM

I crossed at 6:30 am two weeks ago on a Monday morning, it was an hour and 40 minute wait.

chuckie - 11-23-2013 at 06:51 PM

No one should be in a hurry to leave Baja...........

KurtG - 11-23-2013 at 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by KurtG

What time, Kurt?
The AM radio said Otay an SY were 45 min to an hour around 6:00AM. That was good time.

Beware the border the closer we get to Christmas...

As the title said, 7:30am.

ElCap - 11-23-2013 at 09:20 PM

I crossed NB a few weeks ago at Tecate on a Thursday at noon - 12 minutes! A record for me too.

chumlee57 - 11-23-2013 at 09:45 PM

Border wait, its a freakin joke, how many taliban have they caught over the last 10 yrs....any mexican with the least bit of common sense would be the first to turn him over. I am in favor of protecting our borders, but the last 10 yrs have been nothing more than pure nonsense. The technology they have is great, I am in favor of restricting nuclear weapons from entering our country ( thats what the hangup is ) that said, its also an issue of bigbrother border relations, its a question of progress for both sides of the border, hope they figure this issue out, its a double edged sword

DavidE - 11-25-2013 at 02:42 PM

Get a nuclear heart test as I did and then have a cop pull alongside near a Starbuck's store "When was the last time you were in the hospital?"

The country sheriff deputy had a radiation detector in his vehicle (I did not get to see it)

"Around an hour ago, why?"

"Just checking".

Homeland Insecurity