BajaNomad

Mulege vets here are not ?

Bajame - 11-24-2013 at 09:30 AM

Need to get some cats fixed before they have another litter if they can be caught . Just wanted to know if the vets are set up yet. The other day when in Visciano it sickening to see so many dogs with advanced cancer roaming the streets . Does not the town realize how contagious this is ? Thanks for any imfo that you may have.

Mula - 11-24-2013 at 09:32 AM

https://www.facebook.com/pages/PAW-Animal-Clinic-Muleg%C3%A9...

The first business day for the clinic will be December 10 for medical appointments only and every Tuesday thereafter. The schedule for sterilizations has not been completed yet. More information to be provided at at a later date.

DENNIS - 11-24-2013 at 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajame
to see so many dogs with advanced cancer roaming the streets . Does not the town realize how contagious this is ?

I didn't realize cancer is contagious. :?:
I appreciate your point though.

KaceyJ - 11-24-2013 at 11:54 AM

Dennis ,

google CTVT..

Saw a couple of mex dogs running around Chivato with it this year

If you have dogs , it's a good reason to keep others out of your camp

spay/neuter options in Mulege and Sta. Rosalia

Mulegena - 11-24-2013 at 12:20 PM

Dr. Baez is the local veterinarian in Mulege.
He does spays and neuters on Thursdays.
He can be contacted at the town medical clinic, Seguro Popular.

There is a private veterinarian in Sta. Rosalia.

CRESCA Animal No-Kill Shelter in Sta. Rosalia does spays and neuters on Thursdays.

Bajame - 11-24-2013 at 05:22 PM

Thank you so much! The type of cancer is venereal and spreads fast , these dogs that have it need to be put down , tried to get treatment for one but after three trips for chemo she had to be put down .

Mulegena - 11-24-2013 at 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajame
Thank you so much! The type of cancer is venereal and spreads fast , these dogs that have it need to be put down , tried to get treatment for one but after three trips for chemo she had to be put down .

I'm sorry you had this experience. To lose a pet is a great sadness.

As to euthanizing all dogs with this disease, I have to respectfully disagree with this as a cross-the-board solution. No, not all dogs with this venereal disease must be euthanized. Some perhaps, but few. For those without an option of treatment, then yes, as untreated it's a death sentence and can be transmitted through the exchange of blood or body fluids up to the time of death.

However, there is treatment that is highly effective but must be given long-term over the course of a month or longer; sometimes another drug must be used.

This cancerous growth among dog populations underscores the absolute necessity for spay and neutering and keeping your dogs healthy.

So sorry you lost your precious dog to this horrible disease.

alacran - 11-27-2013 at 06:33 PM

I go along with the recomendation of Dr. Baez, had several good experiences with him and my animals.

DavidE - 11-28-2013 at 02:34 PM

Mexicans salt a slitted hotdog with a heavy dose of DeCon.

Another reason to restrain your pooch. I've not had a friend lose a dog, but neighbors and acquaintances have grieved over losing a pet.