BajaNomad

Well, This Was a First - Update

Gypsy Jan - 11-27-2013 at 04:21 PM

You know how your family has friends, and then the friends decide they want to come to Baja for Thanksgiving, so you get busy figuring out what to recommend for dinner, because you want them to feel welcome. but don't have the time to go all out, so if not turkey, well, OK, it's lobster season right now, put together a list of good restaurants for lobster, and other great seafood.

The friends-of-friends-of family sounded perfectly nice in all the emails exchanged. All was good.

Then, they landed in Tijuana yesterday and what they wanted to know is where could they score some marijuana.

I warned them very directly that if they made a connection here, the dealer would happily take their money and then turn them in to the authorities.

We are not getting together for a meal - lobster, turkey or otherwise.

[Edited on 12-2-2013 by Gypsy Jan]

Friends??

bajaguy - 11-27-2013 at 04:39 PM

I would tell family and friends of family not to do you any more favors

BajaBlanca - 11-27-2013 at 04:48 PM

:o:o:o

Barry A. - 11-27-2013 at 04:50 PM

"Friends of friends" is too out-there for us, normally, for the reasons you cite here, and more. Yes, you have to put your foot down fast, I am thinking. Well done!!!

I also agree with BajaGuy.

Barry

EnsenadaDr - 11-27-2013 at 04:55 PM

Many people equate Mexico with drugs simultaneously. At least they didn't pull a fast one on you and bake some funny brownies.

motoged - 11-27-2013 at 04:59 PM

Find this guy and drop your friends off on the corner....and tell them to have a good time...

ligui - 11-27-2013 at 05:05 PM

Tell them to go to Colorado .

:lol:

Hey Motoged

Gypsy Jan - 11-27-2013 at 05:07 PM

Was that picture taken in San Felipe?

They said that all their friends told them to go to San Felipe.

motoged - 11-27-2013 at 05:11 PM

GJ,
Nope....Ensenada......

crappy weed there, I hear:(

vacaenbaja - 11-27-2013 at 05:22 PM

You did well. I do not tolerate anything remotely illegal with people I
travel with to Mexico Not in a country where a single lost cartridge picked out of
the trunk could get you in all sorts of hot water. Not even bringing back
so called "Cuban" cigars. Too easy to get into trouble and $oo hard to
get out.

Pompano - 11-27-2013 at 05:32 PM

You did the right thing, Gypsy Jan.

My nephew came to visit me in Coyote Bay with a small baggy in 1984. The chief of police tells every Christmas that if I withdraw my complaint and vouch for him, he could be paroled in year or two.

55steve - 11-27-2013 at 05:35 PM

Maybe they wanted to test how well the decriminalization has worked in Mexico.

[Edited on 11-28-2013 by 55steve]

DENNIS - 11-27-2013 at 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan

The friends-of-friends-of family sounded perfectly nice in all the emails exchanged. All was good.

Who in the world are you talking about?

DENNIS - 11-27-2013 at 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
My nephew came to visit me in Coyote Bay with a small baggy in 1984. The chief of police tells every Christmas that if I withdraw my complaint and vouch for him, he could be paroled in year or two.

You filed a complaint against your nephew?

alacran - 11-27-2013 at 06:04 PM

Stupid is as stupid smokes.

Problem solved

bajaguy - 11-27-2013 at 06:04 PM

Next time take them and their baggie to that military checkpoint and turn them over to the soldatos......that should solve the friends of friends problem forever :lol:

Dennis, I Am Being Deliberately Vague

Gypsy Jan - 11-27-2013 at 06:07 PM

As you probably infer since you are a very smart person.

I was gobsmacked by the sudden turn of events and do not want to be specific about who or what because I don't want anyone to get hurt, arrested or otherwise have their vacation trip to Baja spoiled.

nbacc - 11-27-2013 at 06:22 PM

Too bad!!!!!!!!

motoged - 11-27-2013 at 07:13 PM

Can't and won't say who.....cuz it is a secret....no need for anyone to get nervous here....it's all over and done with, :lol: :cool:

Respect for everyone's privacy...

DavidE - 11-28-2013 at 01:28 PM

Quite an emotional roller-coaster

Betrayed?

Insulted?

Disgusted?

Incredulous?

motoged - 11-28-2013 at 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
Quite an emotional roller-coaster

Betrayed?

Insulted?

Disgusted?

Incredulous?

Yes....AND "jonesing" :biggrin:

Lee - 11-28-2013 at 01:41 PM

Quote:
You know how your family has friends, and then the friends decide they want to come to Baja for Thanksgiving, so you get busy figuring out what to recommend for dinner, because you want them to feel welcome. but don't have the time to go all out, so if not turkey, well, OK, it's lobster season right now, put together a list of good restaurants for lobster, and other great seafood.

Then, they landed in Tijuana yesterday and what they wanted to know is where could they score some marijuana.

I warned them very directly that if they made a connection here, the dealer would happily take their money and then turn them in to the authorities.

We are not getting together for a meal - lobster, turkey or otherwise.

I know there's a problem here just don't know what it is. Was it that these people were possibly willing to score from a stranger in MX and that's plain stupid? Or was it their casual attitude about smoking?

You couldn't help them score?

If people like this showed up for a visit in Colorado, I'd recommend they get a med card and show them where the dispensaries are. In Boulder city limits, there's a dispensary or two on every block. It's the best anywhere, I hear.

So, maybe it's the bad reputation that MX has for quality pot that made you think these yokels are clueless?

Wonder if the ''friends'' thought there really wasn't a problem, either.

micah202 - 11-28-2013 at 01:43 PM

...yer didn't mention that if they stick around TJ very long,,they'll likely be -walking- out:o:(:barf::P

DavidE - 11-28-2013 at 02:29 PM

BANG ! BANG! BANG!

2300 hours. Playa Zipolite...

I stumbled to the door.

"¡POLICIA FEDERAL!

I furtively parted the curtains and looked. Oh Christ, badges, guns and flashlights.

"¿You espeak espanish?"

Hell no. not at this hour.

"We come in. Now!"

Piled in and they did a fast search. Cupboards refrigerator, and opened the outside hatches. Of course they didn't find anything.

"You esmoke?"

"No"

"No drogas? No mota?"

"Of course not. What's going on?"

"The people next to you, you know they esmoke marihuana, no?"

"No"

"We taking them to the bote"

Yeah, I knew they smoked pot soon after they crowded onto the only decent parking spot in the area of the beach. They had an old psychedelic painted school bus, while my Crown was a dignified white. They no sooner parked than the entire area began to smell like a range fire. Younger people. They invited me to join in a communal meal a couple of times, but I begged off.

"You esure you do not smoke. You have no drogas?"

"I'm sure"

The four of them filed out. They wrapped bright pink tape around and around the school bus after trashing it. Sleep? You gotta be kidding me. I turned the lights on the find a couple of the cops way the hell over on the far side of my bus, trying to life the lid on my tool hatch. The next afternoon and tow truck showed up and towed the bus away. It drizzled crap out the swinging back door all the way to the highway.

This was the old PJF.

I have no idea what happened to them. The day after, I packed up and hauled. Lost a beautiful camp spot. The cops returned the day after and still were snooping around. Three feet from the bus on my blind side is considered snooping.

I still am spooked about the possibility of being within a linear mile of people who use drugs in Mexico.

motoged - 11-28-2013 at 03:09 PM

DavidE,
Well, Zipolte, Puerto Angel, and Mazunte are kinda like that...:light:

You say that you had managed a hotel in Michoacan coastal area...lotsa mota drifting around there, as you know.

I appreciate the fear that arises when we might be too close to folks being popped....

Never sure who to trust at times :cool:

DavidE - 11-28-2013 at 03:45 PM

As long as I won't be confused with marijuanos and am not in the X-ring of someone's sights I could care less. The hotel had a sign. ¡No marijuana!

The marinas always asked permission before they walked across my property. I'll bet there is more pot within a mile radius of where you live than where I live in Michoacan. Pilar told me a few months ago that an older kid tried to sell her pot. She's only 13 for god's sake. Jesús, sicced Beto on him and the kid apparently is now walking around minus his front teeth. No different there than in the USA I guess. Wanna know if someone smokes pot? Rub your finger down into their ashtray and then smell it. There is no tolerance, no liberalization of pot laws down here. Ask a cop. They'll arrest and person and then state, "The judge will figure all this out". Wanna know how long it's going to take a judge to get around to it? Bring a calendar.

Bubba - 11-28-2013 at 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano

You filed a complaint against your nephew?

He's been in jail for 29 years?

sancho - 11-28-2013 at 08:03 PM

Here in Estados Unidos, the move toward legalization
of weed is just a question of when, not if, heard Calif may
have legalization on the ballot in the not too distant
future. San Blas so. of Matazlan surf trip, Policia tearing
the van apart looking for mota, they came up empty,
they were ticked off, thought thought the Ca surfers
had mota for sure

shari - 11-29-2013 at 07:44 AM

perhaps they should vacation in Canada...hahahaha!

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/rcmp-allow-mountie-smoke-medicinal-...:lol:

Ateo - 11-29-2013 at 08:11 AM

It's going to be interesting as legalization takes hold and we see if the whole world falls apart once this weed stuff is more readily available. I doubt anything will be different -- except the treasury will have more tax money. I predict a small decrease in alcohol consumption as people choose the lesser of two evils.

Let's take a look back from 100 years in the future.

BajaRat - 11-29-2013 at 09:28 AM

Wow Jan, I was ready for an unconventional Baja Thanksgiving meal. Didn't see that coming. I guess it was Thanksgiving after all, they didn't bring home trouble for you.
Better go to Ophelias for some Blue fin tuna to get back in the groove. :cool:

Lee - 11-29-2013 at 03:29 PM

Quote:
I was gobsmacked by the sudden turn of events…….

Wow, I'm guessing there's a very bizarre anti-pot crowd jumping on Jan's bandwagon. Hilarious, too. Think you folks are the target audience for the medicinal variety. Relax, take a break. Have another margarita.

David? You might need some counseling around your PTS.

Martyman - 11-30-2013 at 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Quote:

Wow, I'm guessing there's a very bizarre anti-pot crowd jumping on Jan's bandwagon. Hilarious, too. Think you folks are the target audience for the medicinal variety. Relax, take a break. Have another margarita.

Right there with you Lee. Pretty uptight folks on Nomads lately! One of the reason I go to Baja is all the wild behavior and fun times.
I love to hear uptight "straights" talk about a topic (weed) they know nuthin' about.

DavidE - 11-30-2013 at 05:16 PM

Shoot. Tell ya what, I won't mind if someone around me smokes pot if they don't mind me farting

mtgoat666 - 11-30-2013 at 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Martyman
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Quote:

Right there with you Lee. Pretty uptight folks on Nomads lately! One of the reason I go to Baja is all the wild behavior and fun times.
I love to hear uptight "straights" talk about a topic (weed) they know nuthin' about.

Usually is a conversation stopper when the druggies call the non-druggies "uptight." But that really is a great word for describing so many people and their rigidity :lol::lol:

bledito - 11-30-2013 at 05:46 PM

In the next 5-10 years I predict that most if not all US states along with Canada and most likely Mexico will have legalized maijuana for recreational use. There is too much money to be made. The polls percentages that favor legalization are over 50%. The tide is turning and it won't be that long before you will be able to order a Bud with your Bud.

micah202 - 12-1-2013 at 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bledito
In the next 5-10 years I predict that most if not all US states along with Canada and most likely Mexico will have legalized maijuana for recreational use. There is too much money to be made. The polls percentages that favor legalization are over 50%. The tide is turning and it won't be that long before you will be able to order a Bud with your Bud.

...it's sad-but-true in my books,,and it's certainly not a topic I ''know nuthin' about''.
....I smoked a fair share of the weed in my 20's,,,it was an effective way to be counter-culture and all,,but I can't say the 'mellow' did me very well,,and for me 'stoned' seems to be an appropriate phrase.I wish I could 'replay' some of those years!

..yes I'm sure that there's some positive medicinal values for
-any- herb,,medicinal MJ is a potent painkiller among other things....but the strengths of today's stuff definitely falls into the category of powerful narcotic--don't fool yourself
.. why does such a vast portion of our society need such??

bledito - 12-1-2013 at 01:47 PM

why does a vast portion of our society need 3-4 margaritas ? wasn't alcohol used for pain relief in the way back days. I believe most marijuana users are imbibing in it for the very same reasons folks drink, relaxation and tohave a good time. the attitude towards weed has changed significantly in just the past few years. Good, bad or indiferante it's here to stay.

KaceyJ - 12-1-2013 at 02:13 PM

I wonder how many people that enjoy an occasional toke realize that taxation is right on the heels of legalization.

monoloco - 12-1-2013 at 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bledito
why does a vast portion of our society need 3-4 margaritas ? wasn't alcohol used for pain relief in the way back days. I believe most marijuana users are imbibing in it for the very same reasons folks drink, relaxation and tohave a good time. the attitude towards weed has changed significantly in just the past few years. Good, bad or indiferante it's here to stay.
Exactly, anything can be abused, but used in moderation, it is no more harmful, and most likely a lot less than imbibing two or three c-cktails daily.

monoloco - 12-1-2013 at 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by KaceyJ
I wonder how many people that enjoy an occasional toke realize that taxation is right on the heels of legalization.
It seems like it will be pretty hard to tax something you can grow in your back yard, if the tax on it is not reasonable, folks will just grow their own and the black market will persist.

motoged - 12-1-2013 at 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
Shoot. Tell ya what, I won't mind if someone around me smokes pot if they don't mind me farting

Sure....spark one up.... :lol::lol::lol:

Bwana_John - 12-2-2013 at 09:50 AM

WOW.... and she has 4 posts in the last 3 weeks advertising the use of alcohol. :no:

My Last Email Was Never Answered

Gypsy Jan - 12-2-2013 at 01:46 PM

When I sent my email answer to the inquiry about how to purchase marijuana, I included my phone numbers because I figured if they wanted to meet face-to-face, I would try to answer any questions they had in more depth.

After all, when they first contacted me, the only subject was about finding good places to get something to EAT in Baja, not finding places to get something to smoke.

Since that last email to them, I have heard nothing at all.

[Edited on 12-2-2013 by Gypsy Jan]

luv2fish - 12-2-2013 at 02:38 PM

They had an old psychedelic painted school bus.

Hey Dave, by any chance was Shirley Jones driving the bus ? maybe Danny Bonnaduce or David Cassidy hanging out ??

DavidE - 12-2-2013 at 03:16 PM

My issue is THIS

Get caught in Mexico with MOTA and YOU'RE here to stay.

"You can't arrest me! It's gonna be legalized damned quick north of the Rio Bravo"

"Take these handcuffs off me! I'm an American and by god mrrphh, affggg, gahhhh"

"Hey man! Screwum! We don't need to ask like you know it's OK to park next to him. I am so wasted I can't drive more anyway. Hooo where's the roach clip?"

Live and let live. Only applies to people stepping on the rights of others for the sake of popular causes like Legalize Pot. If they're afraid of getting caught up in a raid Screw Em Twice. They're just you know like paranoid.

bacquito - 12-2-2013 at 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
Many people equate Mexico with drugs simultaneously. At least they didn't pull a fast one on you and bake some funny brownies.

Quite some years ago I ate some 'funnie brownies" not realiaizing they were laced with pot.
I was returning home and the pot hit me. I thought I was having a stroke, was confused but survived!!