BajaNomad

Brief Trip Report BA for Thanksgiving week

Bajaboy - 11-30-2013 at 09:16 PM

Left a bit later last Friday after finding a screw in one of my tires. I had to have the tire replaced which kind of sucked since it only had 3k miles on it. Ni modo. Crossed at San Ysidro at 6pm in a full on lightening/rain storm. It was really cool watching the sky light up. We rolled into Hotel Villa San Quintin about 11 pm with a guaranteed room reservation.

We stopped at Las Pasaditas in El Rosario on our way down for some burritos to go. The food is always good and the staff is incredibly friendly. We kept our eyes open for Grandma Zoe who was heading down as well as our friends Pete and Brenden. We would see both along the way which mad the drive go by quickly.

We normally head to Playa San Rafael first and then to our place for Thanksgiving week. This year, our plan was to flip the trip as we were taking down tile for our new room addition.

We spent most of the week playing at the beach,

hanging with friends,

eating....

exploring,

and testing out my new Toyota (my third Tacoma)

As it turned out, we couldn't muster up the energy to head over to Playa San Rafael for a few days of camping. We had a great week and can't wait to head back in three weeks.

Also spent some time saying goodby to my buddy Curtis....

Zac

[Edited on 12-1-2013 by Bajaboy]

BajaRat - 11-30-2013 at 09:42 PM

Thanks for the pics Zac, glad the family had fun. That truck looks up to the task.

456 shots of truck to go and you break Davids record :lol:

shari - 12-1-2013 at 07:23 AM

Your kids are getting so big and Baja stylin! Good to see you down here so often and the shack is really evolving and has come a long way eh! See you at Christmas

woody with a view - 12-1-2013 at 10:11 AM

sorry we could only manage a drive by, but it was nice to see you guys all happy and together.

Udo - 12-1-2013 at 04:16 PM

Great photos, Zac!

We'll be there in a couple of weeks for a whole month!

Barbareno - 12-1-2013 at 04:26 PM

it was so cool to run into you and Tracy by accident while in BA. Hope to share more time with you on your next trip down. Can't wait to hook up with Zoe when we get back from Lopez Moteos.

David K - 12-1-2013 at 05:12 PM

Nice truck Zac... The A-TRAC system really rocks at providing security when off the beaten path in Baja!

Ateo - 12-1-2013 at 05:31 PM

Bajaboy:

Your new truck rocks. Dig the photos. I want tacos. Hope to someday meet ya down there.

Bajaboy - 12-1-2013 at 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
Bajaboy:

Your new truck rocks. Dig the photos. I want tacos. Hope to someday meet ya down there.

Would love to cross paths...Conchita has some of the best tacos around. You must check her out when in Bahia Asuncion. This trip she invited us over for lunch on her day off....on the menu....jurel in foil....incredible is an understatement. We hobbled home with huge smiles on our faces.

BajaLuna - 12-2-2013 at 11:00 AM

Great pics!

elgatoloco - 12-3-2013 at 12:15 AM

Nice. Love the way you repurposed the old roof and the new rooms are really looking good. Hope we make it down again before the second story and hot tub go in. :biggrin::dudette: the food pics is making me hungry.