BajaNomad

PLR GPS Tracks

PaulW - 12-1-2013 at 05:25 PM

I found a local San Felipe guy that made a Garmin GPS track from La Ventana to Indepencia.
The Garmin made track has inadequate breadcrumbs noticed when I put the track in my High res Lowrance GPS. The Lowrance has pretty recent update for the roads as shown as the black lines/tracks. I deleted his track at the east end because it was grossly inaccurate due to missing breadcrumbs. Look at the black lines which are real tracks many of us have driven many times. And they were placed on the BG map from real GPS tracks. I also placed Ken’s WPs on the tracks and they fit nicely.

The Screen shots have the mile indicator in the lower right and that would be the distance horizontally across the screen shot side to side. I made the screen shots in my garage here in San Felipe which is shown by the low elevation. The mile display in the yellow box is the straight line distance from my parked Bronco. The elevation at the cross hairs gives the elevation at that location. The mile in upper left is distance driven since last reset. The WPs 1, 2, 3, etc are WPs I put in my GPS to allow a track after I deleted the bad data I was given. Tiny circles on teh highways at the kilometer marks which popup when one puts the cross hairs on the things.

Anyway the attachments give the GPX and USR file for what is shown in the screen shots. The GPX track is in the BaseCamp format and is ready to install in your Garmin GPS just unzip and hit the “send to device” button. Unzip the file and save is my usual technique for the USR file.
See attachments (hope attachments work)

Attachment: Pole Line Rd Track Garmin(2).zip (6kB)
This file has been downloaded 229 times

David K - 12-1-2013 at 05:32 PM

Looks like the Pole Line Road, indeed!:light:

Thanks... Your maps show up great!

PaulW - 12-1-2013 at 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Looks like the Pole Line Road, indeed!:light:

Thanks... Your maps show up great!

=
I accidently rotated the first one and spent way to much time trying to correct it. So there it is. darn.
PW

Ken Cooke - 12-1-2013 at 06:40 PM

That's definitely the Pole Line Road. Now, if the Laguna Salada wasn't a mud bog, it could be driven.