BajaNomad

Ignacio Springs B&B and our Thanksgiving there

BajaBlanca - 12-1-2013 at 07:06 PM

what a wonderful trip we had....this was our first time at San Ignacio Springs B&B after hearing so much about it for years:

Our room was located right on the water!

and what a beautiful room it was!

dog friendly:

This was half of the table, looking to my left! The food was outrageously delicious, turkey and ham and beets and relishes that were all home made, mashed potatoes and more:

and the dessert was homemade date pie and date ice cream!!!

we met these two gents - the one on the left from Germany, is married to a Mexican, loves everything Baja and will one day retire here, and says he is going to join nomads:

we also snuck over to Tootsies and her food is always delish too. The price did not delight Les, though.....definitely not on the inexpensive side. My salad:

my pate:

This burro (is that right?) was parked right across the street from Tootsies!

Gary took us up to see his rancho where he has these short haired sheep:

Well, to sum up,it was a wonderful Thanksgiving getaway. Terri and Gary are wonderful hosts and make you feel right at home, right away. This may have to have a replay next year!!!!

and here are all the photos, if you are interested in more!

http://s1350.photobucket.com/user/bajablanca1/slideshow/Than...

mulegemichael - 12-1-2013 at 07:37 PM

nice shots, blanca, and yes, terri and gary are wonderful hosts and we LOVE the yurts and food at their place..have stayed there many times...

we are heading to mulege tomorrow from our northern home and are very anxious about it; haven't left this late in the year EVER!!...hope to have you guys stop by whenever you're in mulege.

BajaLuna - 12-2-2013 at 10:57 AM

Great pics, Blanca! Sounds like a fantastic Thanksgiving!

Wow date pie and date ice cream, never had that! Sounds delish!!

BajaBlanca - 12-2-2013 at 01:44 PM

ok Mike, see you next year sometime and bajaluna, it was really, really good. Terri makes all sorts of different sauces- with pitaya, with dates, with peppers. and Gary makes amazing sausages .....

Blair - 12-2-2013 at 03:11 PM

Thanks for sharing. Six of us spent last Thanksgiving there and had a great time. Looks the same!

Date Pie

tripledigitken - 12-2-2013 at 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaLuna
Great pics, Blanca! Sounds like a fantastic Thanksgiving!

Wow date pie and date ice cream, never had that! Sounds delish!!

Next time in San Ignacio, if your not overnighting at S I Springs BB, right off the square in town try these date treats.....

motoged - 12-2-2013 at 04:24 PM

Blanca,

That looks like a mule....what you get w/ horse and donkey after they party....

:biggrin:

[Edited on 12-2-2013 by motoged]

BajaBlanca - 12-2-2013 at 04:39 PM

mule it is !

duly noted on the date pay LOL (date pie spelled a la espanhol)

Udo - 12-2-2013 at 05:31 PM

Jana and myself have spent both Thanksgiving and Christmas at the B&B.

Unforgettable holidays!

The flip flops look like it could have been myself on the same spot last year, Blanca.

Hola to Les. Well be in BA on the 14th of this month. I'll let you know when we make the pulled pork BBQ with fresh coleslaw and BBQ sauce, and you are invited if you wish to come by.