BajaNomad

Learning The Hard Way

DavidE - 12-2-2013 at 01:59 PM

Vanessa, Eduardo, smiling better half encountered something unexpected at one o'clock last night.

A drunk driver

On the toll road between Rosarito and Tijuana.

A head-on collision.

Most importantly, she did not get hurt to the point of needing to go to the hospital. The drunk didn't go, either. She is resting at her tia's place in Ensenada. Badly bruised, whiplash, and contusions. Same goes for her mom.

The van is a total loss. Celso really liked that van. It had the Triton V-10 engine and was a one-ton.

The drunk driver is jailed.

You need to change one thing in your mental picture of this scene.

The other driver is a 19 year-old gringo.

monoloco - 12-2-2013 at 02:14 PM

Yeah, I knew it was a gringo when you got to the part where the driver was jailed.:lol:

DavidE - 12-2-2013 at 02:49 PM

Ya think the cops are going to pass up MONEY because the drunk is Mexicano? The adding machine will whir just as fast. Zopilotes don't care if the carcass is white or brown.

I don't know if toll road insurance covers something like this. They did let the driver through a toll gate.

Hook - 12-2-2013 at 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
Yeah, I knew it was a gringo when you got to the part where the driver was jailed.:lol:

LOL!!! NO CHIT!!!!

sancho - 12-2-2013 at 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE

You need to change one thing in your mental picture of this scene.

The other driver is a 19 year-old gringo.

You are correct about your assumption of my assumption,
there has always been the thought that Gringos have some
sort of right to act like an a$$ while drinking in Mex,
I'm quite sure some/many of us, until we matured, have
a few incidents we would do over

monoloco - 12-2-2013 at 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
Ya think the cops are going to pass up MONEY because the drunk is Mexicano? The adding machine will whir just as fast. Zopilotes don't care if the carcass is white or brown.
If it was a Mexican driver and he was ambulatory, he would have immediately beat feet, and never been found.

DavidE - 12-2-2013 at 04:25 PM

Ambulatory? As in 'not passed out'?

Now, it's going to be a matter of WHICH USA newspaper is going to learn of the illegal kidnapping of an innocent US tourist, and print it up in # 12 times new roman account of the horrors of Mexican prison. Poor US citizen arrested, and railroaded. The reek of alcohol might have been a coincidence. He could have had a seizure you know. Or could have been driving on the correct side of the autopista. The corrupt cops smashed into him and then towed him in the car unconscious to the other side of the roadway. All to get at his parent's money.

Don't drive at night or a gringo'll git cha.

BajaBlanca - 12-2-2013 at 04:43 PM

sad.