BajaNomad

Just a Reminder

capn.sharky - 12-6-2013 at 09:38 PM

Tomorrow is Pearl Harbor Day. So many Americans died that day and we should never forget them. Dec. 7th, l941 a day that changed the world forever. God bless all that gave their lives that day and throughout our history.....to keep America free.

the above was posted on 12-6-2014

capn.sharky - 12-6-2013 at 09:40 PM

dorado50 - 12-6-2013 at 09:49 PM

time fly's don't it........

David K - 12-7-2013 at 12:04 AM

Thanks Sharky... as the news is all full of other world events today, I was saying to Baja Angel that they will probably put Pearl Harbor Day at the end of the evening news... A salute to our grand fathers and great grandfathers (and grandmothers) who were most closely affected by that day.

Marc - 12-7-2013 at 09:10 AM

I served on a Destroyer stationed at Pearl Harbor. We tied up directly across from the USS Arizona. This was the late 50's before the memorial was built. We could see part of the ship barely above the surface in those days. I never left our minds that many fellow sailors are sleeping there forever.

Bubba - 12-7-2013 at 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Thanks Sharky... as the news is all full of other world events today, I was saying to Baja Angel that they will probably put Pearl Harbor Day at the end of the evening news... A salute to our grand fathers and great grandfathers (and grandmothers) who were most closely affected by that day.

Sadly, you are correct. I watched world news this morning for 2 hours, numerous segments Mr. Mandella and other events but not one mention of Pearl Harbor.

capn.sharky - 12-7-2013 at 12:18 PM

Marc---you are getting up there in years (good for you). I was on a minesweeper in Viet Nam and I am 71. When we past the Arizona both times we were there, we dresses up in dress whites and saluted the ship and men still aboard. It was a very moving experience. We flew the flag at half mast. We should never forget the men (and women) that gave their all for our freedoms---past and present.

Pompano - 12-7-2013 at 12:32 PM

Got up very early today. I could have missed a report, but I have seen nothing at all on the major news networks this morning. I find that a bit unsettling...but a sign of the times, I suspect.

KNBC Channel 4 Los Angeles

Gypsy Jan - 12-7-2013 at 12:43 PM

Had a segment on the significance of this day and the observations ongoing.

Also, they reported that the traditional flyover by B22's (not sure if I heard the plane model number correctly) over Pearl Harbor was canceled by the government, I guess Homeland Security, for unstated reasons.

The locals are upset and vowing to put on a "flyby" to commemorate the day.

History Channel

bajaguy - 12-7-2013 at 12:48 PM

Or the Military Channel will have a Pearl Harbor lineup today

Pompano - 12-7-2013 at 12:58 PM

A report on the sneak attack on Pearl Harbor now on FOX NEWS. Opps...over already....a pretty short report. First I have seen today.

This news rocked the world at the time. How soon we forget.