BajaNomad

mulege cold...12-7

Bob and Susan - 12-7-2013 at 07:49 AM

mulege was cold today...

this pic at 7am right after it got light...
clear and sunny now...no wind

this is one of the coldest mornings in a long time
the heater is ON!!!

temp12-7.jpg - 46kB

vandenberg - 12-7-2013 at 08:30 AM

Yeah Bob, this looks more like Northern California weather, when a cold front moves a ways south.
This one is reaching all the way down to Southern Baja, pretty unusual, especially for this early in the year.

woody with a view - 12-7-2013 at 08:42 AM

FRIGID here in sunny SoCal!

Russ - 12-7-2013 at 09:20 AM

B&S I couldn't read your thermometer.

Does that help anyone else?
It was a warm 53º up here this morning

Hook - 12-7-2013 at 09:21 AM

We got down to 47 this AM in San Carlos, Sonora.

Hoping this cool takes care of some of the leaf hoppers and the few aphids I've found in the garden. Even my organic insecticides affect the plants, especially at this early stage. It was a warm November over here and some of the summer bugs have hung on.

shari - 12-7-2013 at 09:27 AM

brrrrr...I even considered putting socks on this morning...nah!

CortezBlue - 12-7-2013 at 09:30 AM

38 at 7 am in east Phoenix valley this morning

[Edited on 12-7-2013 by CortezBlue]

Cypress - 12-7-2013 at 09:34 AM

45 on the bayou this morn. High was 80 yesterday.:D

colder than hell?

durrelllrobert - 12-7-2013 at 09:36 AM

Montana is in the middle of a frigid blast of cold air, which rivals temperatures at the South Pole.

On Friday, Great Falls dropped to -26° around 6 a.m., setting a new record low for December 6.

At the same time, the Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station in Antarctica was only at -20°.

So, spread the word and tell your friends that Montana experienced colder weather than the South Pole this week.

BUT, and this is a big one, you have to remember that the South Pole is in the middle of summer.

vandenberg - 12-7-2013 at 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
BUT, and this is a big one, you have to remember that the South Pole is in the middle of summer.

Not true, it's still spring!!:biggrin::biggrin:

bajajudy - 12-7-2013 at 10:38 AM

59 when I woke up
64 now at 10:30
Overcast and calm

BajaBlanca - 12-7-2013 at 10:45 AM

soooo cold here ! Threw on a heavy duty blanket last night and we turned on the heater this morning too! brrrrr

Baja v.s. Up North...a given.

Pompano - 12-7-2013 at 11:52 AM

Brrr...with a chuckle. ;)

Too early for this cold stuff....it's only December! Wait until Loco Febrero arrives when it gets down to ..ouch...muy frio. Then it's early mornings with extra Kahlua in your hot coffee mugs, sweaters, and hugging in front a warm fire. Which is kinda nice...

Changes in weather are always interesting. I recall plane camping at Pta. Chivato in 1983 when we had to break the ice in our morning wash pans. There was snow atop he Tres Vergens for the first time since 1945 (elderly Sta. Rosalia butcher told me this) We 'enjoyed' this wierd Baja weather for a few days, then bugged out to balmy Cabo to roast on the 55F beaches. The beaches were a little less croweded back then...;D

Compared to other places, be glad you are just a mite chilly in Baja Sur.

Here's just one reason in this early storm system.

It’s sunny (?) today back home in North Dakota.. and temps are climbing steadily… up to -14F at last report.

Best winter sport Up North…Going for a drive during rush hour. We call it Road Hockey.

If you have ever mistaken the sun for a UFO . . .then you might be from North Dakota.

[Edited on 12-7-2013 by Pompano]

vgabndo - 12-7-2013 at 12:24 PM

The weather bureau can never seem to get it right. Our forecast HIGH for today was 24 degrees, and it is already up to 27!!!.

There are chunks of ice that froze in a tarp on my truck days ago. It has not been warm enough in the sun on the black plastic bed-liner to melt them. :lol:

We're experiencing one of those very rare powder days when shoveling the 3" of new snow would be a lot more difficult that using a leaf blower to move it.:coolup:

Casey67 - 12-7-2013 at 01:26 PM

Twas 22F in Vancouver Canada this morning, but luckily no snow. It's just a big ol' cold snap all over. Dallas Texas is snowed-in right now so its no surprise Baja is feeling a little chilly.

I'll be back to the Mulege area within 4 weeks so I hope this passes :)

tiotomasbcs - 12-7-2013 at 02:10 PM

Southern Baja is cooler but still nice. 64 degrees this morning but it has warmed up to the upper 70s. Yes, socks in the morning but we're having a nice afternoon out in the yard! After two windy days it has calmed down. I think we have a more Pineapple influence in TS/Peskcadero and the water is still swimable. Changes will be coming but the winter is normally nice and warm during the daytime. :yes::coolup: Tio

Bubba - 12-7-2013 at 04:46 PM

Broke records all over the Central Coast last night.

Pompano - 12-7-2013 at 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubba
Broke records all over the Central Coast last night.

I know, believe me! 32F right now. So cold, that I cancelled a fishing trip until it warms up. But better here than other states to the east and south....which are in the grip of a deadly winter storm.

Baja is calling!

woody with a view - 12-7-2013 at 05:15 PM

my son lives near Dallas (i don't know why?) and sent pics of 4" of solid sleet on the neighbors roof which collapsed onto the cars parked next to it.

it ain't even winter yet!

motoged - 12-8-2013 at 02:59 PM

Kamloops this morning was -18'C (-1 'F)

That's why I am packing the moto in the back of the truck and driving to Todos on Wednesday :lol:

[Edited on 12-8-2013 by motoged]