BajaNomad

weather

jkruk - 12-8-2013 at 08:36 PM

You bet this am -17 coldddddddddd daytime 25 and yes 22 inches of angel pooooo

Marc - 12-9-2013 at 07:16 AM

Where??

BajaParrothead - 12-9-2013 at 09:33 AM

We're on the warmup here at our place. Yesterday the house was -15, but the Sierra Valley was -27. Today we bottomed out at -9, so things are headed in the right direction. :o

Pompano - 12-9-2013 at 11:12 AM

A mite brisk at -24 in Fargo, ND.

Summer there is 3 months of bad sledding.

elgatoloco - 12-9-2013 at 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
A mite brisk at -24 in Fargo, ND.

Summer there is 3 months of bad sledding.

I have been doing business with a company in Rugby for last three decades. They told me they have two seasons, winter and the fourth of July. :biggrin:

You folks are built TOUGH! :dudette:

Pompano - 12-9-2013 at 11:48 AM

elgatoloco, I have a hunting cottage just north of Rugby about 50 miles. Great outdoorsmen's territory, but off limits from Dec to May due to the cold.

News tidbit. Did you know that Rugby is the geological center of North America?

2009 8-3 ND SCENES RUGBY GEOGRAPHICAL CENTER OF NORTH AMERICA.jpg - 46kB

KurtG - 12-9-2013 at 12:01 PM

Quote:
elgatoloco, I have a hunting cottage just north of Rugby about 50 miles. Great outdoorsmen's territory, but off limits from Dec to May due to the cold.

My mother was born there in 1916 but ended up in the North Woods of Minnesota where at least there were trees to block the winter wind. One of the things my children are most grateful to me for is that at a very young age I took them to a much warmer clime. It has been chilly here on the Central Coast but you will hear no complaints from my clan, they just check with their northwoods cousins and compare temps. Minus 25-30f the last couple of nights near Deer River where I graduated high school in 1962.

elgatoloco - 12-9-2013 at 12:04 PM

Quote:

re: Geographical Center of North America - I can't tell you how many bar bets I have won with that factoid. My first trip there in 1982 I was gifted a desktop version of that very monument. Still have it. That same trip was mid-February as I recall. I commented on the howling wind from the west and looking at the surrounding landscape I asked "what stops the wind?" the answer from locals was "Minnesota!"
Nice country up that way. Can be culture shock for some. The ever expanding Devil's Lake is an interesting place. I have been to Lake Metigoshe for water skiing. Good times.

Pompano - 12-9-2013 at 12:23 PM

jkruk, thanks mucho....everyone likes to talk about the weather.

Sorry about this little hijack, but I need to answer about my home state of ND. Not often anyone is interested enough to ask...;D

Indeed, it's a small world, elgatoloco and KurtG..

Kurt, my folks used to take us kids to the Deer River, Mn area every winter ....to warm up so we could unwrap our Xmas presents.;)

elgatoloco....we have much in common with Lake Metigoshe. I once owned a lake cabin on Sunset Bay, Lake Metigoshe. Here's a photo I took from high above one fall years ago with some others showing ..a snowman we made for July 4th.. and my pooch, Gypsy. A very pretty place in the Turtle Mountains of ND. (who would have thought North Dakota had 'mountains'!!)

HEY! 1969....does anyone remember "ZIP TO ZAP"? This was BEFORE WOODSTOCK!"

[Edited on 12-9-2013 by Pompano]

rain and low 30's f in La Mesa

tripledigitken - 12-9-2013 at 01:04 PM

taken 12/7/2013

[Edited on 12-9-2013 by tripledigitken]

dougf69 - 12-9-2013 at 04:27 PM

4:30 pm in Yuma. 54F., going down to 34F., tonight. Sheesh!

Gulliver - 12-12-2013 at 10:47 PM

Sledding in Fargo?? Pompano now you've gone too far. There isn't a hill around there that pancake with a hair lip couldn't spit over.

Cypress - 12-13-2013 at 05:25 AM

35, cloudy and calm in the marsh country this morn. The river is muddy and on the rise. Fishing won't be good for a while.

shari - 12-13-2013 at 08:09 AM

things have smartened up here in central baja the last few days...even got up into the 70's...today partly cloudy and 64 degrees at sunrise...I only had to put socks on twice last week! whew

Russ - 12-13-2013 at 08:18 AM

42º Laguna Beach

El Jefe - 12-13-2013 at 08:26 AM

It's 81 in the direct sun on my deck this morning. I had to get behind a post for some shade and protection from a bit of a glare off the ocean and the pool don't ya know. Happy holidays!