BajaNomad

95th Fiesta

Brinloor - 12-9-2013 at 01:25 AM

From the teens decorating the local beach bar to photos by cessna821, Mulegé friends and neighbours transformed what could have been Mum's 95th birthday party of two into a Mexican family fiesta.

Mulegena - 12-9-2013 at 07:22 AM

Good Morning, Brinloor

That birthday party was The Best!
Sweet little mom had a great time, yes!

Everybody, and I mean everybody, had a great time. Even the tourist people who were dining at the restaurant enjoyed the festivities and came up to your mom's table to sing Happy Birthday.

Good choice to ask El Patron Restaurant to host the affair. Being down at the town beach at the lighthouse is always a delight, the atmosphere funky and fun as always. The buffet luncheon that owner Lily and her helpers prepared was delicious.

Thank you so much. You're a good daughter and a good friend and that's a precious thing.

TMW - 12-9-2013 at 07:48 AM

Great, happy birthday to your mom and many more to come.

shari - 12-9-2013 at 08:07 AM

what a lucky Mother to have such a wonderful daughter and to celebrate 95 years young in such a funky place..I'd love to see more photos of the day.

Brinloor - 12-14-2013 at 07:54 PM

Hey Shari - Took me awhile to get around to the photos, but when I saw Pompano's post about El Patron/Almejas in 2012 I thought it might be interesting to see the incarnation after the latest hurricane.

Sorry about the point and shoot exposures, and I might be overly paranoid but I don't like to post recognizable pictures of children on the Internet, so there aren't any "crowd" scenes.

Cheers!

Chema the cake lady does her thing

cake lady does her thing

Mum with Mulege's favourite hairdresser Dennys

The decorating transformation

Lily had never done a buffet before, but the result for over 30 people was excellent

Before all the chairs were occupied!

Paulina - 12-14-2013 at 08:25 PM

Happy 95th birthday to your Mum. It is easy to see that she is loved by many.

P>*)))>{

David K - 12-15-2013 at 11:18 AM

Hooray!