BajaNomad

TWO NEW TOPES FOR BAHÍA ASUNCIÓN

DavidE - 12-12-2013 at 05:08 PM

They're big, they're mean and just a day old. On the edge of town. So far, unmarked, unsigned.Cuidado, they are potential spring snappers.

woody with a view - 12-12-2013 at 05:22 PM

true story.

1985 south of Pto Escondido, Oaxaca we were jamming along the highway in a rental car and saw a sign that said TOPE. me and my buddy looked at each other like WTF is a tope? when we looked back there was the mother of all speedbumps right in front of the car. barely time to let off the gas before becomeing airborn!!! that mutha must have been 18 inches high and 3 feet deep.

thankfully it was rental!

Timo1 - 12-12-2013 at 05:29 PM

3 new topes in BA

One at the stop sign at the school on top of the hill

DianaT - 12-12-2013 at 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Timo1
3 new topes in BA

One at the stop sign at the school on top of the hill

The one at the top of that hill is well needed --- the stop sign didn't slow a lot of people down. :biggrin:

vgabndo - 12-12-2013 at 05:56 PM

My first trip to Belize, in a rented Samurai, headed for the Guatemala border all the heavily signed "Sleeping Policemen" had been scraped of the road surface and after slamming on the brakes, I'd glide over smooth pavement. Until the one where I didn't slow down!

All I know for sure is I thought I'd broken my neck hitting the roof, and that the Suzuki came down entirely on the right front wheel. I crawled over dark spots on smooth pavement the rest of the day.:lol::lol:

Thanks for the warning DE. Sorry for the highjack.

DavidE - 12-12-2013 at 06:00 PM

Whew sure glad I added the word "new"...

Shows my limited travel range. Word is they're going to put more topes along the stretch of Vizcaino - Tortugas highway in Viz.

Pipeline has been down a half dozen days, Saw a minor league repair crew working on it a few days ago about 6 km down from the turnoff. Typical project, buy quarter inch steel end up with sheet metal...

shari - 12-12-2013 at 06:26 PM

man oh man...progress with a capital P...in the last month, there were new power poles put in out on the point to several houses that didnt have electricity...a new phone system doubling the number of phone lines FINALLY, the Pemex is nearing completion and now TOPES...whew...I'm dizzy!

time to take a deep breath and watch the soothing sunset...a real doozie tonight!