BajaNomad

Planing trip

liknbaja127 - 12-13-2013 at 09:05 PM

We are thinking, going to San Francisquito from Bay of LA.
looks to be about 80+ miles. Is there any thing there, other
than camping? Rooms? We will be starting in San Felipe the 27th, this is the 5th year that we have done this, but we always stop at La bay. Thanks for any help :lol:

redhilltown - 12-14-2013 at 12:24 AM

There are a few threads on here that might cover this...maybe a search will pull up some of them. My only input is driving to Las Animas out of L.A. Bay in October we came across a group that had just been to San Francisquito (and had been going there for years) and their report was NOT GOOD...I would not count on any "rooms".

While it is a great spot the bang for the buck may not be there as to time and distance...if you are set up for primitive camping you really have to go no further than Las Animas or San Rafael to get the remote experience...decent to good shore fishing as well. (or heck, camping at La Gringa north of town is perfectly fine with me...stunning views, finback whales, and I caught a Porgy last time...talk about good eatin.)

Someone will check in with a recent SF update I am sure!

Pacifico - 12-14-2013 at 06:32 AM

Here is a post on the subject:

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=70497#pid8612...

Unless the road has been graded (and it probably hasn't) it is in pretty bad shape. Do-able, but the El Arco route is much better.

There are the cabanas on the beach and Beto (on the bayside) has a cabana that he rents out. Other than that, it is camping.

liknbaja127 - 12-14-2013 at 04:49 PM

Thanks for the info! the road is not a problem, We will have our perrunner,
we like it a little rough! But our wifes are not much on camping! but we need to see this area some time, will give it a try if weather looks good.

David K - 12-14-2013 at 05:00 PM

Pacifico posted a link to my photos of the road... (thanks)... and they were taken in July, 2012. I have a Toyota as well (Tacoma TRD Off Road), and the road was fine... I mean it's Baja, and that is one of the biggest attractions that had people going there, for the bad roads... then we found how awesome the other things in Baja were! I don't think your wife may like Punta San Francisquito Resort if she's not a camper... the cabins are NOT hotel rooms. The next place to stay is west, heading towards El Arco, and that is Rancho Piedra Blanca, which has cabins... then it would be the motels in Guerrero Negro.

Pacifico - 12-14-2013 at 05:01 PM

Cool...if ya have a pre-runner the road is not an issue.