BajaNomad

tourist visa at tecate

Keri - 12-14-2013 at 10:24 AM

My brother-in-law is coming thru Tecate towing a trailer to cielito lindo in San Quintin. I think it's about 28 feet. Is there parking on the american side for him and where does he have to go to get his tourist visa/fmm.k:yes:

absinvestor - 12-14-2013 at 10:38 AM

There are two large parking lots about 200 yards before the border entrance. What I would do is pull along the curb (as many 18 wheelers do) and actually walk into the lot to see where he wants to park. If the lots are fairly full it will be hard to turn around so by parking on the street before entering he will be able to plan his way out. From the lot he will walk the 200 yds. Right after crossing into the border the immigration office is on his right. After entering the building he will look to his right and the office is right there. He will get the paperwork and exit the building and go about 50 ft back towards the US and he see the bank where he pays. Simple process.

paranewbi - 12-14-2013 at 04:35 PM

Take note....not 24 hour operation and Bank not open till its open!

David K - 12-14-2013 at 04:38 PM

Have him look at parking on Google Earth first Keri... Tecate USA is tiny and before you know it, you are in Mexico!