BajaNomad

To all you Nomads out there

durrelllrobert - 12-15-2013 at 10:28 AM

Merry Christmas, Hanukkah, Al-Hijira, Winter Solstice, Gantan-Sai, Guru Gobind Singh Jayanti, Makar Sankranti / Pongal, (sorry, couldn't find an atheist holiday)
From Mr. and Mrs. durrelllrobert

http://www.flixxy.com/best-christmas-lights-display.htm

BajaRat - 12-15-2013 at 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
Merry Christmas, Hanukkah, Al-Hijira, Winter Solstice, Gantan-Sai, Guru Gobind Singh Jayanti, Makar Sankranti / Pongal, (sorry, couldn't find an atheist holiday)
From Mr. and Mrs. durrelllrobert

http://www.flixxy.com/best-christmas-lights-display.htm

Nice, we wish you guys the best. :D

David K - 12-15-2013 at 10:38 AM

Merry Christmas to you!:bounce:

Bajaboy - 12-15-2013 at 10:39 AM

Happy Holidays, too.

Holiday Cheer

bajaguy - 12-15-2013 at 10:48 AM

And a Happy Festivus to all............

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festivus

DocRey - 12-15-2013 at 10:53 AM

Merry? Happy? Kwanzaa!
;)

shari - 12-15-2013 at 10:59 AM

back at ya...and to all our Nomad amigos!

Pompano - 12-15-2013 at 11:08 AM

Yo también....Happy Happy Happy

durrelllrobert - 12-15-2013 at 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DocRey
Merry? Happy? Kwanzaa!
;)

Sorry I forgot about that one. However it is not a religious holiday like the rest of them.

David K - 12-15-2013 at 11:25 AM

That one was invented by a professor at Long Beach State, I think I heard! Not invented in Africa!

Ken Bondy - 12-15-2013 at 11:26 AM

Quote:
.....(sorry, couldn't find an atheist holiday)

"Winter Solstice". That's how it all started with the Pagans long before Christianity was invented :)

Osprey - 12-15-2013 at 11:30 AM

Don't leave the Jesus out of Christmas.

Cypress - 12-15-2013 at 12:26 PM

Merry Christmas.:yes:

KurtG - 12-15-2013 at 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Bondy
Quote:

"Winter Solstice". That's how it all started with the Pagans long before Christianity was invented :)

"Happy Solstice" works for this Pagan..

Ken Bondy - 12-15-2013 at 01:18 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by KurtG
Quote:
Quote:

"Happy Solstice" works for this Pagan..

Happy Solstice" works for this Pagan..

Happy Solstice to you KurtG and all the other Pagans out there!! Why didn't I think of that???

Paws Up to All Nomads!

Gypsy Jan - 12-15-2013 at 01:28 PM

From our Baja family:

Four Great Danes and two Rottweilers, all Baja rescues, and from two, often slightly dopey from sleep deprivation, providers to the pack.

Happy Holidays!

[Edited on 12-15-2013 by Gypsy Jan]

BajaBlanca - 12-15-2013 at 01:50 PM

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all nomads !

Pompano - 12-15-2013 at 01:58 PM

Hope I'm not missing anybody. Reminds me of being pilloried back in my Pilgrim days.

Barry A. - 12-15-2013 at 02:08 PM

Have a good one, guys and gals!!! May you spend these days with your loved ones, Family, and good friends.

Barry

Ken Bondy - 12-15-2013 at 02:09 PM

Good stuff Roger!! But you'll never get in that kinda trouble if you just say "Happy Solstice"! Plus it's historically correct.

Pompano - 12-15-2013 at 02:41 PM

Quote:
Good stuff Roger!! But you'll never get in that kinda trouble if you just say "Happy Solstice"! Plus it's historically correct.

Yes Ken, I know what you mean about the ancient history of the Solstice/Christmas season due to climate, crops, and nature. A quick read of historical pre-events will show the same transition with almost all holiday customs today...Halloween, Thanksgiving, Easter, etc, etc...all pagan festivals originally.... going to church on "Sunday" (named for a Norse god)

As for 'getting into trouble', I've never worried too much about that... or being much of a herd animal. :rolleyes: But thanks for the warning.

At any rate, saying a heartfelt Merry Christmas or Feliz Navidad is what happens in my world.....Baja or elsewhere. ;) Hah! I can just see the look on my grandchildren's faces if I greeted them with, "Merry Solstice, all!"

Well, I'm a firm believer in 'To each his own'...or can't we do that anymore? Sincerely, I hope America doesn't ever lose the 'Spirit of Christmas', for we will be less tolerant if so.

[Edited on 12-15-2013 by Pompano]

vandenberg - 12-15-2013 at 02:51 PM

Merry Christmas all... and a prosperous 2014.

And to Castanza's father on Seinfeld lovers

"Happy Festivus" :biggrin:

Ken Bondy - 12-15-2013 at 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
Quote:

Yes Ken, I know what you mean about the ancient history of the Solstice/Christmas season due to climate, crops, and nature. A quick read of historical pre-events will show the same transition with almost all holiday customs today...Halloween, Thanksgiving, Easter, etc, etc...all pagan festivals originally.

As for 'getting into trouble', I've never worried too much about that... or being much of a herd animal. :rolleyes: But thanks for the warning.

At any rate, saying a heartfelt Merry Christmas or Feliz Navidad is what happens in my world.....Baja or elsewhere. ;) Hah! I can just see the look on my grandchildren's faces if I greeted them with, "Merry Solstice, all!"

Well, I'm a firm believer in 'To each his own'...or can't we do that anymore? Sincerely, I hope America doesn't ever lose the 'Spirit of Christmas', for we will be less tolerant if so.

Right on Roger. For all my bloviating I really don't give a damn about how people greet each other at this time of year. It's totally invenereal to me. I say "Merry Christmas" as much as the next guy. I do try to say "Oh My Zeus" instead of OMG, however.

[Edited on 12-15-2013 by Ken Bondy]

Pompano - 12-15-2013 at 03:06 PM

Amen to that. Check my other thread and see if you can answer the quiz?

fishbuck - 12-15-2013 at 03:09 PM

I raise my bowl of ale to all good Nomads.

"May your yule log burn brightly and may Odin bless your table"

"SKOAL!"

mulegemichael - 12-15-2013 at 03:11 PM

i/we say thank you jesus for offering this time to us that we might behave quite unlike civilized citizens of our community....i mean i find myself yelling your name constantly,(altho it's not spelled quite the same), and usually everyone around me agrees....but it does not feel that religious, really.....are we missing an integral part here?.....i think not!!!...i'll have another one of those, please!~

BajaLuna - 12-15-2013 at 03:40 PM

Merry Yule to all!!!

durrelllrobert - 12-15-2013 at 04:55 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Ya mean to tell me that Paganism isn't a religion?

acadist - 12-15-2013 at 07:30 PM

Love this place ;) Happy holidays one and all, no matter how you say it :)

Paula - 12-15-2013 at 10:09 PM

As a friend told me a while back...

It's time to put the X back in Xmas!

All in good fun of course! Happy Solstice, Happy Holidaze, and Cheers to everyone!

Leo - 12-16-2013 at 09:23 AM

I like that Paula. The X there in and make a nice bonfire from that tree.

Safe and happy holidays to everyone. Cheers!

Bajafun777 - 12-17-2013 at 12:31 AM

XMAS is the time that most everyone is a little nicer and even a little more helpful than the rest of the year. It is also the time hopefully that we think of others who we may have lost contact with for one reason or another along with remembering those we have lost along the way. So, hopefully all of us remember to tell our loved ones that we love them and give of ourselves in a more helpful way to others in one way or another. Hope you all have good health, good travels and good family fun with those you love. Take Care & Travel Safe--------"No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN" bajafun777

Not sure what religion INFIDEL's cats practice

durrelllrobert - 12-17-2013 at 09:45 AM

..but they do celebrate Christmas

willardguy - 12-17-2013 at 10:40 AM

vgabndo - 12-17-2013 at 11:47 AM

INFIDEL is a word used by Christians to describe Muslims, and by Muslims to describe Christians. It is corrupted, even by Webster, to be a synonym for atheists. The holy war between two of the cults that worship the god of Abraham is the source of the concept of an infidel. There is no word in the atheist language for an infidel. People who deny the last 150 years of science are simply called ignorant, brainwashed, or clinically delusional among other things. INFIDEL has a heavy, dangerous, self righteous, and hateful ring to it that makes it very popular in some circles.

Check your Kur'an: 2:190-193, 217; 4:89; 8:38-40, 65: 9:36, 123-125.

And your Bible: Deut. 13:6, Deut. 13:13, Deut. 17:3, and 2nd.Chron. 15:13.

I recommend caution in its use. Mixing the use of a term that can be a capitol offense in both mythologies with cartoon kittens seems like an effort to soften the horror.

Serious cats don't wear funny Greek priest hats!:lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 12-17-2013 by vgabndo]

004.JPG - 21kB