BajaNomad

We met MOTOGED

BajaBlanca - 12-16-2013 at 07:52 PM

We areon our way north for xmas and doc appts. Les starts talking to a gent and soon finds out it is Motoged, who is headed south for some fun with his motorcycle.

Small world

David K - 12-16-2013 at 07:52 PM

Yea!:biggrin:

woody with a view - 12-16-2013 at 07:53 PM

lock the doors!

Barbareno - 12-17-2013 at 06:18 AM

Better start stocking up the Tecate

BajaBlanca - 12-17-2013 at 07:23 AM

We shall see him again as he passes by on his way back north...and we shall have Tecate ready!

shari - 12-17-2013 at 07:59 AM

wooo hoooo...or should I say Ho Ho Ho...Motoged is comingggggg to town!

motoged - 12-17-2013 at 09:15 AM

Nomads,
A great unexpected encounter with Les and Blanca....

I am waiting for breakfast at Las Casitas in Mulege and enjoying the fireplace as it is chilly.

Heading south and can hardly wait to get out of the truck....six days on the road...

Les had passed on the bad news that hey had passed a motorcycle
accident north of BoLA turn-off and that the rider had died....I saw the scene an hour south of Catavina...bike in ditch w/ police keeping watch....seemed the rider failed to negotiate a corner...very unfortunate :no::(

[Edited on 12-17-2013 by motoged]

durrelllrobert - 12-17-2013 at 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
Nomads,

I am waiting for breakfast at Las Casitas in Mulege and enjoying the fireplace as it is chilly.

Heading south and can hardly wait to get out of the truck....six days on the road...

accident north of BoLA turn-off and that the rider had died....I saw the scene an hour south of Catavina...bike in ditch w/ police keeping watch....seemed the rider failed to negotiate a corner...very unfortunate :no::(

Chilly here?
Kamloops, BC, Canada
Tuesday 9:00 AM
-1° F

willardguy - 12-17-2013 at 11:10 AM

hey GED, hows that new slower,relaxed style of riding workin out for ya?:lol:

dtbushpilot - 12-17-2013 at 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
Nomads,

Hey GED, I'm still in BV for a couple more days, when are you going to be in the neighborhood?

willyAirstream - 12-17-2013 at 04:29 PM

Ged dropped off a bunch of used moto tires today for the local moto crowd. What a guy!
Thanks from the moto kids, this will make their xmas very special.

BajaBlanca - 12-17-2013 at 10:53 PM

The incident with the downed deceased biker had just happened when we were going by. I was so sad and said a quick prayer for his soul. It was an instanteous death, his bike looked perfect there all shiny. He had on all the right equipment from leather to helmet.

We heard he was a police officer and that the Punta Prieta police force were to handle it.

RIP

Hope you are having a super time, GED !

[Edited on 12-18-2013 by BajaBlanca]

motoged - 12-20-2013 at 11:06 AM

Well, I have settled into Casa Rancho in Todos Santos for the next week and then will be at La Palomar in Santiago for the following week before meandering north...

Yes, the relaxed riding style is working for me.....so far nothing but plunking around Todos looking for backroads to Pescadero....freeway has sure screwed up getting off onto sand roads.....south freeway entrance to Todos is still closed as they are paving or something....

Stopped in El Triunfo the other day to check out the cafe/bakery....the world's BEST cinnamon bun!!!

Riding for an hour one way isn't unreasonable for a good cinnamon bun....is it ???:biggrin:

woody with a view - 12-20-2013 at 11:28 AM

say hi to Alec!

motoged - 12-20-2013 at 04:00 PM

Woody,
Done :)

David K - 12-20-2013 at 06:53 PM

Ged, if you go over the Naranjas Road, how about a trip report?