BajaNomad

Baja expat holiday chiste

BajaNomad - 12-17-2013 at 08:23 PM

A Baja ex-pat retiree talks on the phone with his son in Florida...

"I hate to ruin your day son, but I have to tell you that your mother and I are getting a divorce; 45 years of marriage... and that much misery is enough!"

"Dad, what are you talking about?" the son yells.

"We can't stand the sight of each other any longer," his aging dad explained. "We're sick of each other, and I'm sick of talking about this, so you call your sister in Barcelona and tell her!".

Frantic, the son calls his sister in Spain, who explodes on the phone. "Like heck they're getting divorced," she shouts, "I'll take care of this."

She calls her father immediately, and screams at him, "You are not getting divorced. Don't do a single thing until I get there. I'm calling my brother back, and we'll both be there this weekend. Until then, don't do a thing, you hear me?" she yelled as she hung up the phone.

The old man hangs up his phone and turns to his wife. "Okay", he says, "it's all set. They're both coming for Christmas and paying their own way here."

When I first heard this they were in Florida, kids in NY?

Whale-ista - 12-17-2013 at 09:24 PM

Ni modo. Funny no matter where the (happy) couple is. Thanks for the 2013 version.

BajaParrothead - 12-17-2013 at 09:30 PM

I love it. I'll have to remember it when the time comes for the girls to come visit.

BajaBlanca - 12-17-2013 at 10:34 PM

:yes: