BajaNomad

One of a kind fishing day

Osprey - 12-19-2013 at 02:16 PM

Everyone knows the winds blow. Down in East Cape it blows for the marine athletes, the kite boarders. After a couple of weeks for them we finally got a day for fishermen:

Calm winds, warm water for half a day is enough. Fought off the full moon, the uncountable jelly fish, the lack of bait and Still caught a few sierra, a couple of nice dorado and one Stripped Marlin that tried for almost an hour to trash our equipment and/or our resolve. 80° all morning running in, thru and around blue going to green water about 70. Never lost sight of my house and had another memorable day in Baja Sur.

sd - 12-19-2013 at 02:52 PM

Hi Osprey,

I also fished on Sunday and Monday of this week. Fished from Los Barriles north to Punta Pescadero. Winds were not too bad, and weather was nice.

Dorado both days, and viewed a few Marlin. Was nice winter fishing, and fun to watch the kite boarders and wind sailors.

Stayed at Hotel Los Pescadores in Los Barriles, built and owned by Patti. I love this hotel, nicely furnished rooms with mini fridge, nice courtyard pool and fun bar. Fished on one of her Panga's with captain Lavo, and the first day he brought along his son who is 14 years old and getting great training. When he finishes school he will be a great Captain himself, already knows how to fish.

Very few boats are fishing

Osprey - 12-19-2013 at 04:06 PM

SD, now that's the way to fish. Panga with a local capt. and his son as Marinaro. You and smart and lucky to find that combo and enjoy such a day in such a special bay.