BajaNomad

any nurseries for plants, palms, trees near los barilles ?

bledito - 12-19-2013 at 06:45 PM

looking for some palms and other landscape plants in los barriles for blocking north winds. thought i saw a place on one before you enter the road to los barriles.

Pompano - 12-19-2013 at 07:38 PM

I believe I have spied a couple viveros on the main highway in that area. Just can't quite remember where. Somebody will chime in with those locations

windgrrl - 12-19-2013 at 07:46 PM

Just south of LB next to Pemex before Buena Vista. Very nice selection of bedding out plants, shrubs and palms. Owner also goes to Saturday Community Market.

Further south, just past BV to the west on Mex. 1, but haven't tried this one.

Sometimes the excellent hardware store has a few landscaping sized trees. They might take orders.

Really further south...there is a new palm tree sales place. Take the retorno after COSTCO and watch for it to the right on a service road.

Check the BPE...sometimes people have them to give away for the digging of you send in a notice.

bledito - 12-20-2013 at 07:40 PM

How about in santiago seems that might be the place for palms growing

CaboDreamer - 12-22-2013 at 05:03 PM

On top of the mesa between Santiago, Agua Caliente and San Jorge is probably one of the biggest commercial nurseries in the state. Acres of palms, various plants and trees and sod. The access in from the road that runs from Agua Caliente to San Jorge.