BajaNomad

Yellowtail for Christmas in Bahia Asuncion

shari - 12-20-2013 at 08:30 AM

Happy Holidays everyone! I'm sending you a virtual margarita to get in the holiday spirit!

Our last couple clients were happy to be bringing home yellowtail from Asuncion for their Christmas feasts.
Even with deteriorating weather, Capt. Juan managed to find some fat fish in the 30-40 lb range. Nomad Coconaco was here for his first time and will be back!

and Mike who is a fishing guide in northern California stopped in on his way north for the holidays to see what all the fuss was about here...he came, he fished, he loved it and will be back with his family...

We are getting ready for the holiday snow birds to arrive to join us for the festive season!

coconaco - 12-20-2013 at 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken

I swear to Christ.....that yellowtail was this big.

Shari,
Thank you for having the welcoming committee with mariachi band there for me.

I was reviewing how to post pictures and found that quote from Dennis.

What a beautiful place. This should be renamed the December fishing hole not to be mention. All the best this holiday season.
We will be enjoying some fat fillets.

p.s. I'll be back.

shari - 12-20-2013 at 03:01 PM

Hahahahaha...that is reely funny man! good thing I wasnt drinking anything over my keyboard!

Good think you like mariachi music eh...it was great to meet you and glad you brought home some Asuncion bacon for the holidaze...see ya next time!

churro - 12-21-2013 at 08:13 AM

Nice Shari!!! Keep the fotos coming!! See ya soon!

Bubba - 12-22-2013 at 04:05 PM

Hamachi, Yum!

acadist - 12-22-2013 at 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by coconaco
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken

I swear to Christ.....that yellowtail was this big.

Shari,
Thank you for having the welcoming committee with mariachi band there for me.

I was reviewing how to post pictures and found that quote from Dennis.

What a beautiful place. This should be renamed the December fishing hole not to be mention. All the best this holiday season.
We will be enjoying some fat fillets.

p.s. I'll be back.
:

lol::lol: LOVE BUDDY CHRIST :lol::lol:

shari - 12-28-2013 at 09:06 AM

Fishing slowed down around Christmas...perhaps the yellowtail were away visiting the relatives. But yesterday they were BACK!!! Our guests Neil Salsbery & Andrew Sutherland has serious noodle arms after catching 9 big boys in the 30-40 lb range and some skipjack...and my arms are sore from slicing up sashimi all day!:lol:

The weather has been spectacular...air temps in the 80's, not much wind and calm seas...the perfect holiday weather! The village is bustling with lots of visitors, extranjeros and local families partying it up!

vgabndo - 12-28-2013 at 11:23 AM

Shari, your posts are like magnets. Every one causes me to have a greater attraction. The ten day forecast looks real good, for what that is worth! More of the same.

shari - 12-28-2013 at 03:40 PM

too bad you will miss tonights sushi amigo!