BajaNomad

American Lady can use some uplifting

bajacalifornication - 12-22-2013 at 03:25 PM

Hello Bajanomads I'm computer challenge and trying to start a new thread. My mother is at the Rosarito Hospital General. And while visiting her I met an American lady that said she is from michigan. She has a broken femur and she is to have surgery tomorrow. The Problem is she needs someone to visit her and talk to her. Her name is Carol Champagne and she is at
Room #3
Bed #11 or
Cuarto 3
Cama # 11
Visiting hrs are from 11:00am till noon
and the after noon but I don't know the time

EnsenadaDr - 12-22-2013 at 03:40 PM

Well heck if she's anything like her name, why not??;)

bajacalifornication - 12-22-2013 at 03:59 PM

Yes she has a good disposition. Under the circumstances. When I ask her for the name She said Carol as a christmas carol and Champagne as the wine
So I said well that is an easy name to remember. I ask her if she has a family and said. Yes but they live in michigan and they wont come to see me. They're afraid. Do they know you are in the hospital and she said no. Hardly anybody in the staff speaks english so she needs someone to talk to.

EnsenadaDr - 12-22-2013 at 05:17 PM

Well just so happens I will be passing by that way tomorrow. Will stop by and wish her a Merry Christmas!!:coolup:

paranewbi - 12-22-2013 at 06:53 PM

May not be PC...but,
God Bless both of you bajacalifornication and EnsenadaDr!
Please keep us posted on this lonely soul.

BajaBlanca - 12-22-2013 at 06:54 PM

Wow, tell her to get a tablet and join in the fun here!

Mulegena - 12-22-2013 at 07:04 PM

Yes, we're certainly sending her good healing thoughts.

Bless her and thank you for your compassionate concern for her.

It would be a great diversion if she could join us here.

EnsenadaDr - 12-22-2013 at 07:11 PM

I was thinking the same thing!! I will let you know what she says!

Mulegena - 12-22-2013 at 07:38 PM

Hey, BajaCalifornian
Your mother is in the hospital in Rosarito? I hope she will be in recovery soon, too. Merry Christmas to all your family and wishes for mom.

alacran - 12-22-2013 at 08:46 PM

What does Bajacalifornication mean???

Kgryfon - 12-23-2013 at 01:58 AM

I can't help, but I thought it was very nice of you to post this to help Carol out. Kudos to you, Bajacalifornication.

Phil C - 12-23-2013 at 07:55 AM

Very confusing, Bajacalifornication and Bajacalifornian. Two very different people.

shari - 12-23-2013 at 07:57 AM

I agree with Kgryfon...it was really thoughtful of you to care enough about someone unknown to you to take the time to post this here. If I was up there, I would visit her...can she be reached by phone?

This really demonstrates the spirit of Christmas...gracias.

bajacalifornication - 12-23-2013 at 06:23 PM

I'm sorry it took too long to answer. The Doctors told us that my mother may had a stroke. That was yesterday and this morning my mom look bad so most of the family from Las Vegas showed up and only 1 person can be at the room with her so we all took a turn to see her and since all of them speak english.
went to see my mother and also talk a bit with Carol. So by around 1:30 p.m. most of my relatives said when they came out that my mom was able to recognize them. And as time went on and more of us went in to see her she was more aware of the situation and she ask to go home. So it looks good for my mom and its been a hectic week for me so far. Carol seem to be fine for now. no surgery yet for her. Thank you every one for your best wishes and write to you later

EnsenadaDr - 12-26-2013 at 04:33 PM

I passed by the Rosarito General Hospital today with a box of macadamia nut chocolates. The parking was $20 pesos. The security guard told me Carol from Michigan went home with some visitors from the US on Tuesday, that would be Christmas Eve, so apparently she didn't have the operation in Rosarito as planned. The good news is she spent Christmas with her family.

EnsenadaDr - 12-26-2013 at 04:49 PM

There is a very popular song by the Red Hot Chili Peppers named Californication. Basically it centers around the idea that people will sell or give anything away for success in Hollywood.
Quote:
Originally posted by alacran

Barry A. - 12-26-2013 at 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
There is a very popular song by the Red Hot Chili Peppers named Californication. Basically it centers around the idea that people will sell or give anything away for success in Hollywood.
Quote:
Originally posted by alacran

------yes, and they (most) work hard at proving that. Lately they have been giving away the Country, or at least supporting that effort. :O

Barry

EnsenadaDr - 12-26-2013 at 08:14 PM

You mean the Red Hot Chili Peppers are anti-patriotic after all the money they made in this country? then again most of Hollywood is.

monoloco - 12-26-2013 at 09:03 PM

When I lived in Oregon, Californication was a derogatory term for Californians who sold out for big bucks in the 70's and 80's SoCal real estate boom then moved to the NW driving up home prices and pushing their political agendas. I'll never forget one guy who told me that he had left his native OC because rampant development had ruined the place, when I asked what he was doing in Oregon, he replied that he was a developer and was building a large subdivision. He was a bit insulted when I suggested that it sounded like he was attempting to recreate what he had just fled.

EnsenadaDr - 12-26-2013 at 09:28 PM

Very interesting viewpoint, Monoloco. The weather in California and Baja is probably the best in the world, only that Baja is a BIT more affordable. People should try going south instead of north, with all the rain and cold weather. Too bad Mexico is a bad word for many people, because there are many pluses.

bajacalifornication - 12-27-2013 at 06:36 AM

Hello nomads. Ok up date. Carol Champagne is in Sharp Chula Vista Room 457 B and she may go to a convalescen home for therapy. We took her to san diego the afternoon of the 24 and she had surgery the 25. She is doing fine. My mom is still waiting for surgery a broken hip but it doesn't look good for her. Anyone can call Carol at sharp Chula Vista while she is there.

EnsenadaDr - 12-27-2013 at 08:30 AM

So you took Carol to Sharp and your mom still needs surgery on her hip? I thought your mom might have had a stroke and Carol was the one that needed surgery. How did you transport Carol, in your car with a broken hip? When you start a thread about someone needing visitors, it would be nice to keep us up to date as promptly as possible if the situation changed so we don't waste our time. :O

chuckie - 12-27-2013 at 08:55 AM

H O L I E R T H AN T H O U? From the amount of stuff you post, Doc. you must have a LOT of time on your hands...

EnsenadaDr - 12-27-2013 at 09:10 AM

Did I say that I think I am better than anyone else on this board? NO. I post a few lines a day which takes me 10 or 15 minutes and it appears I have a lot of time on my hands. I don't understand the story here that's it. Maybe someone here with a little more intelligence and insight can figure it out for me. As for time on my hands, I do not have a TV in my house so that cuts down on about 3 or 4 hours in a normal person's household.

Timo1 - 12-27-2013 at 09:14 AM

Oh brother !!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bajacalifornication - 12-28-2013 at 09:09 AM

I'm very sorry for all the Confusion I created. My Mother fell down and she broke her hip. I met Carol at the same hospital room that my mom was in. She was having a problem communicating with the staff. Carol fell down and broke her femur bone some where about midway between the hip and the knee. This
what she told us. The hospital in rosarito would not operate on her because there wasn't anybody that would be responsable for the bill. This information
Carol was not aware of. When I found out I ask Carol if she had insurance in the U.S.A. and she said yes. So we (my Wife and I) explained to her the situation with the hold up. Regarding her surgery and ask her if she wanted to go to a san diego area hospital she agreed. And then we got permission
from the rosarito hospital. The hospital Provided an ambulance. And I went with the ambulance to the border. The ambulance driver was alot of help to me. I was to call 911 when we arrived at the border and he told me not to worry he would handle it. We droved through the zentri lane on december 24 around 4:00 p.m. The U.S. officer ask the driver if he knew where to go and he responded yes to secondary. We went into the secondary area and were directed to a parking spot. An officer ask us information about the patient and then we let him know i was going with Carol to the san diego hospital so the officer check our I.D. Carol's and Mine. After the officer came back from checking id's. He ask Edgar the ambulance driver from Rosarito to call 911. Edgar exited the vehicle and went to make the call. After a few minutes we heard the siren. Another 5 to 10 minutes and the paramedics showed up walking. They had got stuck in traffic. So after they took Carol's
vitals and asking her the pertaining questions an ambulance arrived they change Carol from 1 to the other vehicle and went to Sharp Chula Vista.
Last night Carol called my wife and informed her that she's at a Convalescent home at Castle Manor 541 So. V Ave. National City Ca. 91950
Room 619 Tel. # 619-791-7900. The confusion regarding my mother and me mentioning a stroke. The docs. at the hospital in rosarito hospital informed us that she (my mom) may had suffered one. After a MRI (not sure) they say she did not suffer the stroke. But now it turns that she has stones in her gallbladder. And the docs. will not perform surgery on my mom. They are afraid she may not handle it. Because her age. 86 So Yesterday my family was to get together with this private doctor at his office in tj. To get a second opinion. I spent all day hurrying and waiting to find out nothing.
The moral of this story. When it comes to having surgery if you are able to do it in U.S. do not second guess it.

EnsenadaDr - 12-28-2013 at 11:03 AM

Wow, BC you went above and beyond the call of duty!! So I gather Carol has no family willing to come down to Southern California either. One thing that confused me is that the Security Guard mentioned Michigan. Maybe you guys had to say you were family from Michigan to get her across the border. It's all good. I assume your mom doesn't have Medicare in the US. Just because you have stones in your gallbladder doesn't necessarily mean you need to operate. If your mom doesn't have any stomach pain or indigestion after eating, then why go through the surgery? From what you have mentioned in the posts that doesn't seem to be one of her problems at this time. I have seen many complications from abdominal surgery and of course if it is absolutely necessary go ahead. I remember going to a gynecologist in Mexico and he told me I needed a hysterectomy for a tumor, when I went for a second opinion they told me there was no tumor. Sometimes surgeons will tell you things like this to make money, as sad as it seems.

EnsenadaDr - 12-28-2013 at 01:46 PM

Have to be honest, at first glimpse of this topic I thought it was an advertisement for a Mexican plastic/cosmetic surgeon.